ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
My Whammy Bar Came Off :(

View previous topic :: View next topic  
InvadErGII  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: My Whammy Bar Came Off :( Reply with quote

As the subject suggests, my whammy bar has broken clean off. I'm not entirely sure how it happened, though it seems likely that the guitar was stepped on or something like that. Putting it back in doesn't make it stick at all, and I'm unsure of what to do to fix it. Anyone here have any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broken off is very vague. pictures would be best. anyway, did the metal part come off? did the metal snap or bend? is any of the plastic broken? have you opened the guitar? the more you help me, the more i can help you.
-Gelakinetic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I wasn't sure what to describe beyond "broken". :P

The 'broken' end of the whammy bar (the metal part, that is) is pretty flat, signifying a pretty clean breakoff. It appears as though the entire metal portion of the whammy bar came out (though it's possible that some of it is still in there, but the break was so clean it seems unlikely). All the plastic is intact...it's as though the whammy bar simply and cleanly lifted out and now it won't go back in. I don't have pics at the moment, but I'll see what I can do about that asap.

P.S. - SkepticalMario, if you read this...you have a camera and the busted guitar. If you get a chance...yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems like you're gonna have to open your guitar. ITs just some simple unscrewing, dont be afraid. From what i can tell, and from what i remember from my own guitar, the whammy bar is held in its hole by a washer-like thing at the bottom. Sounds like that came off. You can see the bottom of it in the top left corner in this pic:
http://thedude.atitd.net/ghw2-in.jpg
just disregard the wires, it was for a wireless guitar mod. if you can't somehow reattach the washer you're gonna have go makeshift. If you dont mind it not rotating around, you could try some strong glue. gorilla glue is good. i'll think about other ways tho. goodluck!
-Gelakinetic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I opened it up this evening, and I couldn't find anything in there that seemed out of the ordinary...on the inside, anyway. I didn't realize it at first, but it looks like part of the bar is still lodged in the hole where the bar was supposed to be. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the whammy bar was actually snapped off. , meaning that superglue is likely my only option at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This actually has happened to me...

Three times.

I guess i should go get some superglue?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XmdawgX PSN Name: X-mDaWg-X
ZaXo  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I will check mine today but mine didn't break it is just lazy. I have to start the wamme by lifting it up ant then wammeing. otherwise it won't register that i started to wamme. but it is not a huge problem as i turn my wamme bar backwards as i play so it isn't in the way, then i just put my hand under it and lift it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: