ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Through the fire and flames makes me wanna eat my guitar...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rathalos888  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Through the fire and flames makes me wanna eat my guitar... Reply with quote

Honestly, what the hell? I can't get past 2% because of an intro that in reality should only consist of about 12 chords... I've tried tapping, but can only hit about 5 notes before I lose my rhythem. You have to pull off so fast, it's nearly impossible for me. I've tried one hand hammering, only strumming green, only strumming R, B, Y, and O, and strumming everything, and tapping, and still get to 0,1, or 2 percent.../vent,

But, I could easily finish the rest of the song, so are there any tips at all for this beast of an intro? Thanks in advance.
Hivnob  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I failed the intro a lot before finally getting past it. I still fail it more often than not. What I did was go in to practice mode on slow and just get used to moving my fingers in that way. I don't really use any technique. Just hold the green button down and use 234 to hit the rest. I'm not exactly sure how I strum it but I think I just strum the non-greens.

You'll get it eventually. First time I passed the intro I got 71% of the song finished before failing. My personal best is 81%.
Kataris  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SADFsdfsdafsfsdafsdaf.sdaf.

I'm getting the tapping for this down. I can pull off a 4x combo in the intro sometimes. I'm gonna pass this damn song if it kills me.
Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. Then it'll be, "Well, maybe I can press the pedal with my forehead..." I'd be in a full-body cast at that rate. I can just see myself all wrapped up on a hospital bed in the dark. "I'm...a...high...way...star..." *sniffle*
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, i read your thread title and i was like "this fool's tripping on acid or something" XD.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
MiamiHero  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well is there any way to possibly pass that dumb solo without tapping, I really don't do it well :X
09:55 popemobile : Stop being retarded guys.
09:55 MiamiHero : What if there was a retarded person in here ;o
09:56 popemobile : THEN IM GONNA FUCKING BAN THEM
Goals: 5 Star TTFAF [] (508K) (4.6 stars)
20 GH3 Fcs. [21]
Get 1000NS on One []
AAA-2 league Season 8
Joshman  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:
lol, i read your thread title and i was like "this fool's tripping on acid or something" XD.

hmm...interesting idea..

Studies HAVE shown increased Guitar Hero performance on Acid (moreso on Ecstasy). When i play on acid, i have no fucking clue what my hands are doing, but i'm in a trance to the music...so awesome..
SpiderPig  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Through the fire and flames makes me wanna eat my guitar Reply with quote

Rathalos888 wrote:
Honestly, what the hell? I can't get past 2% because of an intro that in reality should only consist of about 12 chords... I've tried tapping, but can only hit about 5 notes before I lose my rhythem. You have to pull off so fast, it's nearly impossible for me. I've tried one hand hammering, only strumming green, only strumming R, B, Y, and O, and strumming everything, and tapping, and still get to 0,1, or 2 percent.../vent,

But, I could easily finish the rest of the song, so are there any tips at all for this beast of an intro? Thanks in advance.

OMG this is exaclty what happens to me...except I actually get the rythym back again (i think) and the METER STILL GOES DOWN
catfish  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTFaf makes we wanna break my guitar....
Chasepw133  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the real intro on guitar is like a trill overdubbed 5x...

i hate how they made it WAY harder than it really should be

this will just fuel the fanboys.

EDIT: nvm thats the 2nd part... but still
TheStreetzKing  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i kno this is gay but if u tape down the green button and play the rest with strumming its easy.. however.. u need to pause and take the tape off after the intro and the solos are about 50% harder than the intro..
Rathalos888  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can half ass the solos. This I can't even pretend half ass. And that's not even a half assed statement.
Velocity92C  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol - it's silly, I know, a lot of people have been talking about rubber banding the green button, or taping it down. And yes that makes it much easier but it's cheating. I actually hold the button down with my mouth and do the rest with my life hand while strumming. I'm not good enough to tap the whole thing and this way I'm still using a part of my body for it so I wouldn't consider it cheating. Anyway, the trick to getting past the first part is to have something hold green for you so you can still strum and use your full left hand. After that the song is cake.
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velocity92C wrote:
lol - it's silly, I know, a lot of people have been talking about rubber banding the green button, or taping it down. And yes that makes it much easier but it's cheating. I actually hold the button down with my mouth and do the rest with my life hand while strumming. I'm not good enough to tap the whole thing and this way I'm still using a part of my body for it so I wouldn't consider it cheating. Anyway, the trick to getting past the first part is to have something hold green for you so you can still strum and use your full left hand. After that the song is cake.

i agree with this. using your mouth sucks, but hey u do what u gotta do...just don't be a douchebag and tape it down, then pause to untape it..or some other bullshit. what i would *really* suggest you do instead is take it into practice mode and spend 30 minutes or an hour or however long and learn to tap it...you'll be thankful in the long run. just watch the ttfaf intro tapping vids, learn from those, and figure out the best way for you to do it. start on slowest, move up to slower when you're comfortable with that, etc etc til ur up to full speed. and if you hit a wall, maybe consider altering your tapping a bit. seriously, this will be worth the effort, because knowing how to tap helps your game immensely. really fast trill? tap. stuff like the ttfaf intro? tap. plus you dont look like a goof with ur mouth on the guitar (no offense to velocity, but tapping looks about a billion times cooler lol).

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Samson007  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:
Velocity92C wrote:

i agree with this. using your mouth sucks, but hey u do what u gotta do...just don't be a douchebag and tape it down, then pause to untape it..or some other bullshit. what i would *really* suggest you do instead is take it into practice mode and spend 30 minutes or an hour or however long and learn to tap it...you'll be thankful in the long run. just watch the ttfaf intro tapping vids, learn from those, and figure out the best way for you to do it. start on slowest, move up to slower when you're comfortable with that, etc etc til ur up to full speed. and if you hit a wall, maybe consider altering your tapping a bit. seriously, this will be worth the effort, because knowing how to tap helps your game immensely. really fast trill? tap. stuff like the ttfaf intro? tap. plus you dont look like a goof with ur mouth on the guitar (no offense to velocity, but tapping looks about a billion times cooler lol).

You say that like its easy to learn to tap that fucking thing.

30 minutes......please. I was a tapping machine in GH2 and 80's. YRGM solo, Verse 3 in Institutionalized, basically any trill including the ones in BiM. But this fucking intro is beyond a short practice session.

I can 100% it every time tapping it on slow, but as soon as I move to full speed the only notes I hit are the ones im elbow strumming to desperately try to start the combo again.

Its needlessly hard and I would not feel at all bad for taping down green and passing it that way. Though I have tried that too and it doesnt work for me either.

I must say I was excited for this song, but it seems the only way to actually enjoy playing it is in practice mode. Credit to all those who seem to find this easy..............actually fuck everyone who finds this easy and fuck the guy who decided to write a keyboard part into a game about guitar playing.

Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiamiHero wrote:
Well is there any way to possibly pass that dumb solo without tapping, I really don't do it well :X

Yes, but you have to take your fingers off the buttons really quickly. I've managed a 100 note streak in the intro without tapping before, and I have gotten past it a few times, but I still usually fail there. When I have the time I will learn to tap it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: