ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Nasty Guitar Hero Injuries
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Nasty Guitar Hero Injuries Reply with quote

When I'm concentrating really hard when I'm rockin', I have a tendancy to bite my cheek and lips. Now my right cheek is all raw. Does anyone else have crazy habits while they play that cause serious harm to themselves? Or has anyone sustained an injury while playing?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
PissedatJordan  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my tongue hurts... but thats probubly cause i just got braces... hurt my right thumb and pointer finger every time i play the fast part
Lucifer2K7  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liver damage
officerbarbrady  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i notice i only do it in one song, but on cliffs of dover, i always kind of push my bottom teeth against my top teeth from the inside (if that makes sense), i especially notice it around the SP phrase thats just a simple 4 note scale from Orange to Red. every time, i don't know why, i could see it starting to hurt
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back when I was a newb and made the jump from medium to hard, I was playing a chord heavy song (maybe Strutter?) and all the streatching made somthing in my wrist >click< and the tip of my pinky went numb for about an hour. That was weird.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
MeeesterHat  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotten a blister on my pinky, but it's now calloused so hasn't happend again. Worst that has happend is is from a prior accident, I had a very deep gash on the index finger of my fretting hand. Cut was from the tip of my finger all they down to the trimmed nail, bled like hell. Even though it was very sore I kept playing GH3, and often ended up with bloody, sticky, frets from reopening the cut many times the first couple days after injury.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I'm concentrating really hard when I'm rockin', I have a tendancy to bite my cheek and lips. Now my right cheek is all raw. Does anyone else have crazy habits while they play that cause serious harm to themselves? Or has anyone sustained an injury while playing?

you should try chewing gum
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: A7xmetal182
Redbirdddddddd  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i first got gh3 on Friday i played on hard for 4 hours straight, so my hands and fingers were killing me, also i got gh2 the day it came out and too played gh2 too long...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Redbirdddddddd
Silly  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day GH3 came out I played it for, to quote my Wii...

Silly's Wii wrote:
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
19:32

I ended up with a swelling on my right *lower part of arm* which actually made my *part of arm* thicker than my bicep. It hurt to touch and took four days to return to normal and has been soft ever since.

I don't actually know what it's called

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
cicalive  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, ever since GH3 came out, I've been playing SEVERAL hours per day, and it's causing my hand to hurt quite a bit if I curl my four fingers and kinda bend them backwards. But I get that playing real guitar too if I play a lot.

When I first started on GH2, I used to always get severe wrist pain because I didn't have the necessary muscle memory to do difficult parts, so I strained myself. That never happens anymore.

The worst I ever suffered was when I was practicing the solo to Free Bird on Expert for the first time:
etc...

I slide my middle finger for that, and I got some pretty bad blisters on it from the yellow key "bump"
omegatitan99  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm playing a tough song or when I'm on an FC run, I will unintentionally bite my tongue and/or scrape it through my teeth. <_<

By the end of the time I'm playing, it will feel like I've burned my tongue on some hot food or something.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message PSN Name: MrHighScore (brother's) Wii Friend Code: 292172373142
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this stinger in my shoulder that i like to call "Guitar Hero shoulder". kinda reminds me of Tennis Elbow.
Spekkio  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucifer2K7 wrote:
Liver damage

I lol'd, 'tis sad that it was missed.
PhilFantastic89  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get the teeth grinding thing too haha chewign gum does work a little bit but it messes wiht your rythym, also my left wrist used to hurt really bad if i played a lot i thought i was geting carpol tunnel or somthing but it went away.
directshot999  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put my tongue on my right cheek. Just can't help it. It causes no injuries, but I did once dislocate my index finger. Just felt it pop while playing Cowboys From Hell and I couldn't move it. Went to docter, and sure enough, dislocated. It was amusing, telling him how it happened. It's weird, it didn't seem like I did anything to dislocate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: