ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Problem testing songs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruippeixotog  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Problem testing songs Reply with quote

Some days ago, I found this forum, and the custom song part interested me. After reading all the tutorials here, I started to make midis, and I already have two of them with all the notes; but I need to test the songs, because I am sure that they aren't perfectly synchronized with the mp3.
I tried this method, using FileInjector and the offsets in the text file, but I must have done something wrong, because I opened the ARK in ghex and I couldn't open any midi/vgs ("Not a valid MIDI/VGS file" error).
I tried using ghex to replace the midi and the vgs, created the ISO, but it didn't work in VgsPlayer.
What can I possibly be doing wrong? Is there any better way to test songs? It takes a long time...

Another problem: All vgs I created worked perfectly in ghex. I tried replacing midis there, but I couldn't see the note chart I created ("Unhandled MIDI command" error). Some people here said it was normal, but when I used sephiroth or sargoth's songs, they showed perfectly, like any original song. Does it mean that my midi has some error?

When I finish the midis, I will post here, but I need help
Meteodragoon  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem testing songs Reply with quote

ruippeixotog wrote:
Some days ago, I found this forum, and the custom song part interested me. After reading all the tutorials here, I started to make midis, and I already have two of them with all the notes; but I need to test the songs, because I am sure that they aren't perfectly synchronized with the mp3.
I tried this method, using FileInjector and the offsets in the text file, but I must have done something wrong, because I opened the ARK in ghex and I couldn't open any midi/vgs ("Not a valid MIDI/VGS file" error).
I tried using ghex to replace the midi and the vgs, created the ISO, but it didn't work in VgsPlayer.
What can I possibly be doing wrong? Is there any better way to test songs? It takes a long time...

Another problem: All vgs I created worked perfectly in ghex. I tried replacing midis there, but I couldn't see the note chart I created ("Unhandled MIDI command" error). Some people here said it was normal, but when I used sephiroth or sargoth's songs, they showed perfectly, like any original song. Does it mean that my midi has some error?

When I finish the midis, I will post here, but I need help

I use VGS Player to test songs, since ghex gives me that same error.
I don't think you did anything wrong while injecting, just try building the Iso and testing with VGS Player.
katamakel  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem testing songs Reply with quote

ruippeixotog wrote:

VgsPlayer has the song offsets hard coded and will not be able to read an archive modified by ghex (it doesn't keep the offsets.)

Quote:

Different MIDI editors save different commands into the .MID file, and ghex does not handle all of them.
In 0.1.1, only MIDI commands occurring in GH1/GH2 songs were handled.
In 0.1.2, some more commands were added which allowed certain custom songs to be viewed.
In 0.2.0 (upcoming release,) even more commands have been added, so this error message should become much less frequent.
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use the FileInjector method; you don't have to use Ghex at all. I haven't really come across any errors with that method, just the limitations of the utility, so I'm not sure what you may be doing wrong.

VGSPlayer won't play the GH2 disc at all, with or without custom songs. If you are using GH, VGSPlayer won't play custom songs that you injected using Ghex because Ghex changes all the file offsets. If you use ShadowZero's utilities, you can play custom songs in VGSPlayer, only if you are using GH though.

There currently is not a better way to test songs, there will be soon though.

I'm not sure what Seph and Sargoth do to their songs to get them to show up in Ghex, none of mine ever do and it isn't a problem.
Sargoth  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImaCarrot1 wrote:

I'm not sure what Seph and Sargoth do to their songs to get them to show up in Ghex, none of mine ever do and it isn't a problem.

I do the same. As long as the error reads " Unhandled MIDI command 65407" it means itll work. If it says " not a valid mid. file\vgs file" then it WONT work. So its really never a problem.
ruippeixotog  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response
katamakel wrote:
VgsPlayer has the song offsets hard coded and will not be able to read an archive modified by ghex (it doesn't keep the offsets.)

Does it mean that I have to replace a song larger than my custom song, because of the offsets? Do I need to use any other tool after FileInjector, or I just need to choose my file, search the offset of a song in the list and it's done?
ImaCarrot1 wrote:
There currently is not a better way to test songs, there will be soon though.

Looks a great tool, it'll make creating songs much easier ;) any idea about when it'll be released?
Meteodragoon wrote:
I don't think you did anything wrong while injecting, just try building the Iso and testing with VGS Player.

Already tried, doesn't load any song... I'll copy a new ARK from the dvd and try again.
katamakel  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruippeixotog wrote:
Does it mean that I have to replace a song larger than my custom song, because of the offsets? Do I need to use any other tool after FileInjector, or I just need to choose my file, search the offset of a song in the list and it's done?

The size of the file you replace does not matter. Offsets will be changed.
I don't know how FileInjector works, I've never used it.
ruippeixotog  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you said Vgsplayer had the song offsets hard coded, in your last post... doesn't it mean that it won't read modified offsets?

Anyway, I'm having another problem with FileInjector... I copied unmodified GH1 to HDD, and tried again... but somehow, it didn't work this time, the ARK remained unmodified, even if it appeared the "looks like success" normal message after. The files aren't read-only, and I input the offset correctly (without the space between the numbers). What can be wrong?
katamakel  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruippeixotog wrote:
But you said Vgsplayer had the song offsets hard coded, in your last post... doesn't it mean that it won't read modified offsets?

I meant ghex will always change some offsets when you replace a file.
Sephiroth87  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImaCarrot1 wrote:

that's strange, cause i've never been able to see my midis in ghex xD
only that lame midi error :P
Yeah, you do need help.

Take a look at my custom songs for GH here
ruippeixotog  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a screen of your "welcome to the jungle"...

All custom songs I tested appeared, except mine... but if you say it's not a problem, ok ;)

FileInjector still doesn't do any modification, it's very strange maybe i'll try burning a dvd, to see if I can play it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: