ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Building .midi and song with a guitar track seperated? Help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
horsemeat  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Building .midi and song with a guitar track seperated? Help! Reply with quote

I've created my .SNG in Freetar Editor and converted to .MIDI. Next I need to insert "all the proper tracks".

I've already read in the How To thread that I could simply replace the notes from an existing GH .MIDI with my own, but after attempting to copy and paste my .MIDI over the original GH one with Anvil.. I realize I have no idea what I'm doing. Would someone be able to create the .MIDI for me from my .SNG for GH2? I'm really desperate.
http://download.yousendit.com/A38CF905777B4758 <- My .SNG

Also, a question. I have two different audio files; this song has the guitar track separated from the rest of the mix! How would I put this in GH2 this way? There seems to be no documentation for this -- obviously it's not a common thing to have the guitar track of a song alone.

Thanks!
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone will take pity on you and set your midi up for you, I don't personally have the time to do it.

As for the seperate tracks thing;

Quote:
GH2:

Stream 0: Band, left channel
Stream 1: Band, right channel
Stream 2: Lead guitar, left channel
Stream 3: Lead guitar, right channel
Stream 4: Coop guitar, left channel
Stream 5: Coop guitar, right channel

So basically, just creat a .vag for the two tracks you have, then copy and paste them accordingly. What I would do, streams 0, 1, 4, and 5 would all use the band track you have and streams 2 and 3 would use the guitar track. You can use Shadowzero's utilities to mix them together into a .vgs, I haven't done that yet so I can't help you there, he should be able to though.
horsemeat  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you..this didn't work, though.

I finished my .MIDI and used his java utility, "FourVAGInterleave" to join the files .. I placed each .VAG into the appropriate backing and lead guitar places, but my resulting .VAG(didn't export as .VGS ? ?) ended up weird sounding with crackling noise over it .. then I had to rename the file's extension to .VGS to inject it.

When I burned my disc the crackling was still there and the tracks weren't seperated like they should have been..it was like the two tracks were flattened together.

So the operation was a failure. I know that my .VAG files ARE correct because I converted them to .VGS and put them in the game seperately and they sound fine! It's when I join them together in FourVAGInterleave that the file gets messed up.

I use GHEX to inject, BTW. GH 2.
katamakel  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most GH2 .vgs files have 5 or 6 channels, so a 4 channel .vgs probably wouldn't playback correctly.
Sephiroth87  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

time ago i tried to use the fourvaginterlace tool, and i had no problem...
i used 2 vag (it wasn't lead and band, but left and right channel), and loaded 2 times each in the program, it gave me a vgs that played fine...
pay attention that this tool requires you to put a name for the vgs file, and you must put the extension by hand...
Yeah, you do need help.

Take a look at my custom songs for GH here
Sargoth  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Building .midi and song with a guitar track seperated? H Reply with quote

horsemeat wrote:
I've created my .SNG in Freetar Editor and converted to .MIDI. Next I need to insert "all the proper tracks".

I've already read in the How To thread that I could simply replace the notes from an existing GH .MIDI with my own, but after attempting to copy and paste my .MIDI over the original GH one with Anvil.. I realize I have no idea what I'm doing. Would someone be able to create the .MIDI for me from my .SNG for GH2? I'm really desperate.
http://download.yousendit.com/A38CF905777B4758 <- My .SNG

Also, a question. I have two different audio files; this song has the guitar track separated from the rest of the mix! How would I put this in GH2 this way? There seems to be no documentation for this -- obviously it's not a common thing to have the guitar track of a song alone.

Thanks!

Heck , ill do it. I have a few hours free , I might as well test it with my next burn , due in 2 hours.

Edit: Yousendit link has expired
nhanha  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horsemeat wrote:
Thank you..this didn't work, though.

I finished my .MIDI and used his java utility, "FourVAGInterleave" to join the files .. I placed each .VAG into the appropriate backing and lead guitar places, but my resulting .VAG(didn't export as .VGS ? ?) ended up weird sounding with crackling noise over it .. then I had to rename the file's extension to .VGS to inject it.

When I burned my disc the crackling was still there and the tracks weren't seperated like they should have been..it was like the two tracks were flattened together.

So the operation was a failure. I know that my .VAG files ARE correct because I converted them to .VGS and put them in the game seperately and they sound fine! It's when I join them together in FourVAGInterleave that the file gets messed up.

I use GHEX to inject, BTW. GH 2.

Where i found "FourVAGInterleave"???

I'm tryng to make GH1 song work's fine no GH2 Multiplayer and need a tool to MUX the VAG's to 6 channels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: