ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero : Aerosmith!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jercurpac  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueEagle wrote:
Jercurpac wrote:
I don't understand why all the naysayers have to jump on a good thing. I think the idea has a lot of potential. Of course I do think the Steven Tyler hepatitis-c therapy mini-game is in poor taste.

Thanks for presenting your opinion as fact.

Don't get your feathers in a ruffle. It was a set-up for a joke. I wasn't trying to say anything for or against the game. But hey, thanks for presenting your response as incompetence.
DiscoV  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think this is a fine idea. Most people play guitar hero for fun, and if having more fun means Aerosmith tracks, thats fine with me.

Besides, Aerosmith isnt "OH MY GOSH DEATH BY TEH PLASTIC GEETARS!" They have decent songs, not my favorite band, but that doesnt mean we have to buy it. Wait until a set list comes out, then we can say this game sucks or this game is good.
urikobb3  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't see me buying this. I can't stand Aerosmith.
LeCoy  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait. Aerosmith rocks. I don't care what anyone else says.

Xbox Live Gamertag: KingofFunk412
FearTheSkyBass  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeiTnerium109 wrote:
If this is GH4: Neversoft, you fail.

If this isn't GH4: This might be fun to play, kinda like another Rocks the '80s.

As said before, this is not going to be GH4. This is scheduled for a summer release, and is an expansion of sorts. Consider it GH3.5 GH4 is scheduled for November, which I am sure they do every year so that they can make fat bank in the holiday season, which is a brilliant idea imo. Probably just one reason the series has made soooo much money.

Feel free to IM me. I am on 95% of the day. Tell me you agree or tell me I suck. Either way works.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: McAwesomeness17
viper565  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's gonna need to be really good if you want me to cough up 60 bucks for a game featuring one band. Let's hope that I don't have to pay that much.

www.highschoolorlower.com | VISIT OR PERISH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ViperX66
KageSorping  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also NOT hoping that this is GH4. That would suck big, why Aerosmith? are they paying the most or what? this seems real strange i have to say..
Don't get me wrong I like Aerosmith but why them? seems fishy to dedicate a whole game theyre not that great..
Damn Lou is hard on expert, i want that golden fiddle damnit!
DrofMot  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supporters sig!

Code:
[img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n300/DrOfMoT/gha.jpg[/img]
0v3rki11  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Aerosmith, but an entire game for them? That's pretty crazy... I'm really hoping this works well, because I would love to play it, but I'm thinking someone like Iron Maiden or Metallica would've made a much harder game? lol... but seriously, I'll definitely be looking to play the game once it comes out, but... :/ better band for GH?

I still need a GH game >.<
X28KillsLaterX  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it is bad. It says in the description that Aerosmith is not the only band, infulences and bands they toured with could also have songs in the game. I don't really like Aerosmith and I'd perfer somthing like an all metal guitar hero game, but this game wont be bad. It's going to be like rock the 80's except less bands. It would be cool to if they added a bass single player mode and I'm sure they can add new stuff to it. This could really just be the Beta of Guitar Hero 4 and this game will make sure Guitar Hero 4 is just that much better
Jonny-V  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prong1978 wrote:
To those who think a game based on one band is a bad idea: That's a fair point and one that is opinionated so you are not wrong.

To those of you who think they should have picked a different band: As much as you may disagree, it is simply NOT true that Metallica, A7X, Dragonforce and Megadeth are more popular and would sell better. While some of those bands (and others) would definitely sell better to Scorehero people, Aerosmith is a far better choice for mass consumption by the casual video gaming community.

For those of you who say you will not buy it: Stick to your convictions. Do not buy the game. Don't even play it. Show Activision/Neversoft/Red Octane that you do not approve of this direction they're taking.

For those of you who say Aerosmith isn't worthy: Not only is Aerosmith willing to let their music in Guitar Hero, they're willing to participate in its production and be involved with mo-capping and presumably the marketing of the game. Other bands like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC apparently think their music is too good for GH. While GnR Guitar Hero would be kickass, do you really think Axl Rose is gonna go hang out for a long day of mo-capping with Slash? The bottom line is that Aerosmith like Slash, Dave Morello, Living Colour, Buckethead and the Sex Pistols have shown that they appreciate Guitar Hero for what it is, and what it can do for them. Therefore, I raise my glass to those guys.

Aerosmith may not be my favorite band, but they have four decades of hit songs. I for one will be purchasing this game. I don't think it's as good of an idea compared to genre themes (or Rock Band in general), but it should be a good time.

The bottom line is that Aerosmith might not be YOUR #1 choice (mine would be Metallica, Megadeth or AC/DC), but they (Aerosmith) have a great combination of name recognition, quantity of hits, visual distinction and marketability.

Oh yeah, I'll be first to "Line Up" for this game...hint...hint...

Just to point out to you, It's probably very likely that Led Zeppelin will be in an upcoming game, since they're no longer "too good" and have broken the chains off of their songs
Just had to point that out...

An all Aerosmith Guitar hero game.... Not a good idea, and I'll spare people the rant. It's also a very general and ridiculous statement to declare them "the greatest American Rock band" or something to that effect.

They're already going through with it, so we can't complain enough to stop them, but hopefully this doesn't kill the gh franchise. Also, i don't understand the logic of putting bands Aerosmith has played with...Are you going t o put in a lot of old blues songs that no one's heard if it was led zeppelin?

Oh well... I don't think i'm getting ti, but hey, it's your show.
Gomer06  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TopGearFTW"]not 100% behind the game, but its more GH, ill buy it.
Quote:

Its that kind of thinking that's going to get us Guitar Hero: Sonic Youth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X28KillsLaterX wrote:
It would be cool to if they added a bass single player mode and I'm sure they can add new stuff to it.
I second that idea of bass career, just as long as we get a little harder than the bass on "dream on" had. I would like to see some new gameplay ideas.
X28KillsLaterX wrote:
This could really just be the Beta of Guitar Hero 4 and this game will make sure Guitar Hero 4 is just that much better
I doubt that's quite what they are doing, because they will probably keep all the GH4 info quiet till October, but it could be a possibility.

I just wonder if they are going to tighten the note window up a little more since the solos are going to be a little easier to handle than some of the stuff on 3?

Feel free to IM me. I am on 95% of the day. Tell me you agree or tell me I suck. Either way works.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: McAwesomeness17
30stm  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: k Reply with quote

yivkX360 wrote:
damn, I was hoping for gh90s.

theres still hope....this is a separate project there gonna still have an encore this year....although rumor has it that its gonna be called Guitar hero Encore: Slammin' Seventies....but yeah i hope for 90's also

Jts137  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TopGearFTW wrote:
not 100% behind the game, but its more GH, ill buy it

glad its being brought out for the PS2

me to i kinda like this game sounds cool but should of probly made it out of a differnet band or artist like S.R.V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 27 of 68

Jump to: