ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 3 Bugs and glitches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adcurtin  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero 3 Bugs and glitches Reply with quote

Ok right now I'm pretty damn pissed, so this is gonna be a rant.

Guitar hero 3 has at least 5 serious bugs that need to be worked out, here they are:

1. The most important by far. When somebody quits, I need to be given a win, at least one that counts toward the 500 wins achievement, but probably one that shows counts toward wins on the leader board too. The quitter should be given a loss if they are even tracked. This should hold true for when an opponent quits before any notes are played, and the score is 0 to 0. I have maybe 300 wins now, but I've probably had at least 80 people quit on me, some in the last note of the song (this just happened on The Way It Ends, and is my motivation for writing this).

2. In game lag that causes missed notes. This has happened to me only two or three times, but it is very frustrating. I am playing a song, and all of a sudden the fretboard stops for 1/2 a second then jumps and I miss a note. This is also an important bug that needs to be addressed, because it can affect outcomes of matches.

3. The search system is horrible, there are a few things wrong with it:
the timeout doesnt happen fast enough, sometimes when going to quickplay, I wait around 4 minutes on the Joining Game... screen before it actually joins a game or says game not found. Also, when it tries to join a game and fails and says no games found, create or cancel, I should still be able to press blue to refresh instead of going back to the menu. The manual search also rarely ever results in a joinable game, all of them are no longer available or fail to connect. Recently, something has been so bad that I couldn't connect to any games at all, I had to host my own. My xbox also seems to freeze a lot on the joining game screen, this has probably happened 5 to 6 times. Many times, guitar hero just sits on the joining game screen, but since the xbox isnt frozen I can go back to the dashboard. This has happened about 5 to 6 times also. The strangest glitch I have come across happened yesterday, when I went to quickplay, it said joining it may or may not have gone to a loading screen, then failed and spit me back out at the main menu with the character select features overlayed (it gives some insight to how the game layers different things). I t also displayed the opponents gamertag in the upper left. I went to quickplay again, and was instantly put into the same game, but when I selected my character, he showed up where the opponents character should have been, and his character showed up to the left side of the screen (seen when the camera panned after we were both ready). This has only happened once, but I've had similar things happen many times, such as the displaying of an opponent's gamertag in the upper left when at the main menu.

4. This and the next are very similar, and not very annoying, but still worthwhile mentions. When I activate star power, the game seems to skip a little, as in bug 2, but this is less detrimental, and usually doesn't affect anything but visuals (whereas 2 affects note timing too).

5. Also when I activate star power, the next note or two on screen sometimes disappears exactly like an amp overload, but in Pro Face-Off
(usually they are holds). This and 4 are very reproducible, and have happened to me dozens of times. I can try to upload a video if necessary.

Thats pretty much it. I would really appreciate it if Neversoft did what they could to fix these problems, particularly the first one. (I understand that #2 might not be possible to fix).
jisberg13  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree, on all of them, it gets annoying
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: jisberg13
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/agrees with all. These are all common issues and a patch/simple fix is GREATLY needed for XBL. Wonder why I haven't bothered to do Life of the Party/Search and Destroy?

^this^.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Bagged  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero 3 Bugs and glitches Reply with quote

adcurtin wrote:

Guitar hero 3 has at least 5 serious bugs that need to be worked out, here they are:

1. The most important by far. When somebody quits, I need to be given a win, at least one that counts toward the 500 wins achievement, but probably one that shows counts toward wins on the leader board too. The quitter should be given a loss if they are even tracked. This should hold true for when an opponent quits before any notes are played, and the score is 0 to 0. I have maybe 300 wins now, but I've probably had at least 80 people quit on me, some in the last note of the song (this just happened on The Way It Ends, and is my motivation for writing this).

2. In game lag that causes missed notes. This has happened to me only two or three times, but it is very frustrating. I am playing a song, and all of a sudden the fretboard stops for 1/2 a second then jumps and I miss a note. This is also an important bug that needs to be addressed, because it can affect outcomes of matches.

the timeout doesnt happen fast enough, sometimes when going to quickplay, I wait around 4 minutes on the Joining Game... screen before it actually joins a game or says game not found. Also, when it tries to join a game and fails and says no games found, create or cancel, I should still be able to press blue to refresh instead of going back to the menu. The manual search also rarely ever results in a joinable game, all of them are no longer available or fail to connect. Recently, something has been so bad that I couldn't connect to any games at all, I had to host my own. My xbox also seems to freeze a lot on the joining game screen, this has probably happened 5 to 6 times. Many times, guitar hero just sits on the joining game screen, but since the xbox isnt frozen I can go back to the dashboard. This has happened about 5 to 6 times also. The strangest glitch I have come across happened yesterday, when I went to quickplay, it said joining it may or may not have gone to a loading screen, then failed and spit me back out at the main menu with the character select features overlayed (it gives some insight to how the game layers different things). I t also displayed the opponents gamertag in the upper left. I went to quickplay again, and was instantly put into the same game, but when I selected my character, he showed up where the opponents character should have been, and his character showed up to the left side of the screen (seen when the camera panned after we were both ready). This has only happened once, but I've had similar things happen many times, such as the displaying of an opponent's gamertag in the upper left when at the main menu.

4. This and the next are very similar, and not very annoying, but still worthwhile mentions. When I activate star power, the game seems to skip a little, as in bug 2, but this is less detrimental, and usually doesn't affect anything but visuals (whereas 2 affects note timing too).

5. Also when I activate star power, the next note or two on screen sometimes disappears exactly like an amp overload, but in Pro Face-Off
(usually they are holds). This and 4 are very reproducible, and have happened to me dozens of times. I can try to upload a video if necessary.

Thats pretty much it. I would really appreciate it if Neversoft did what they could to fix these problems, particularly the first one. (I understand that #2 might not be possible to fix).

1 It does give you a win after you get somebody to stay for the whole time.

2 That would be your internet for sure if it happens to you online only, if not you probably are playing too long without letting your console cool off.

3 Host your own game or don't use the quick match feature, it takes all of 3 seconds to put in what you want for gametype settings.

4 Never experienced this myself

5 I have never myself experienced online, but does piss me off a little offline.
UltraMegaOK1988  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ What bagged said. Plus...

1. You do get a win when an opponent quits on you. I know this 100% for sure because I checked my total wins before I played a game, and checked it again after someone quit on me and my total went up by 1.

2. I have had the game-search (everyone has that 1 red latency bar) issues, but I have never experienced in-game lag. This leads me to believe that your lag issues are due to your console or internet connection.

3. I think they should completely revamp the search system and model their anonymous match-making system after something like what Warcraft III has on Battle.net.

4. I have never experienced this. Sounds like a disc/console issue.

5. Never experienced this. Sounds like a disc/console issue.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero 3 Bugs and glitches Reply with quote

Bagged wrote:

1 It does give you a win after you get somebody to stay for the whole time.

2 That would be your internet for sure if it happens to you online only, if not you probably are playing too long without letting your console cool off.

3 Host your own game or don't use the quick match feature, it takes all of 3 seconds to put in what you want for gametype settings.

4 Never experienced this myself

5 I have never myself experienced online, but does piss me off a little offline.

1. Wow, ok so they did fix #1. When I checked a month or 2 ago, it didn't count them.

2. It's pretty much online only, but either way the game should be coded in a way so that online lag just delays my score showing up on my opponents screen, (I thought it was) not actually affects my gameplay.

3. I hate hosting my own game because I choose songs I'm good at usually, then my opponent quits. It is even harder to find a game with the manual search. I always get "Session no longer available" or "Failed to connect to game". When I refresh, many times I see that games that were "no longer available" up again, but still can't join them. It would actually take longer to find a game this way, and it's also a bigger PITA because I can't just press a button and wait, I actually have to do something.

I seem to have some weird glitches that might be due to my internet connection in other games, I'll ask a friend if I can borrow his xbox and see if I get the same types or problems or not, and if so, I guess I'm gonna need to send in my console.

Edit: VVVVVV Nice use of "whilst." I thought I was the only who who still used that.

Last edited by adcurtin on Sun May 11, 2008 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
egraves7  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as your 2nd point goes, it isn't necessarily an online thing. It has happened to me whilst offline. I'm willing to bet that it is an issue with your disc, whether dirt or a scratch, etc.

adcurtin  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pics of what I was talking about with the gamertag in the upper right corner:

and

http://bayimg.com/IaJPeaaBJ
adcurtin  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another really bad glitch: I downloaded the WoW single and now every time I try to save, it fails, coop, single plaer, whatever. I try to save to my memory card instead, still fails.other people have had this problem and related it to the WoW single, but I still have the problem after deleting it. However, I deleted both the 4th of july song and the WoW single and it works now.
I would like to let Activision know that I will not be purchasing GH:Aerosmith, because GH3 has problems, plus they can't seem to realize that I have friends that want to be able to get achievements too. Why can't they give coop achievements to the 2nd player if he's signed in? Rock Band does, and I think unless Activision can get their act together, I will refrain from purchasing any more of their products. The online play is GH:A is still flawed, I sat on the "Joining Game..." screen for a good 10 minutes (I left and did something else and came back to see it still hadn't timed out. It should time out after 45 seconds maximum, I don't want to spend more time looking for a game than playing the game. And the refresh button is still missing when it fails to join the game.
Also, some more rants. I'm thoroughly glad they made the achievements in GH:A stackable, so I don't have to play easy medium or hard, but then they made all the stuff in the store so expensive that if I want to get the other achievements (buy all characters, guitars, songs), I still have to play expert 3 times, 5 starring everything or almost everything. I think GH should go back to GH2's system where you get all the money for lower difficulties too, and one run through expert 5starring everything gives you enough money to purchase everything frm the store. (I rented GH:A, that's how I know about all this crap.)

EDIT: having either the 4th of July single or the WoW single downloaded makes it so I can't save properly.
EDIT2: I also won't be buying any more DLC for GH3 for fear that it won't allow me to save.
PMCkitty102  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero 3 Bugs and glitches Reply with quote

adcurtin wrote:

#5. happened to me once, and i wasnt even in star power or anything like that, went for Almost Easy FC and during the chorus a chord just disappeared, then it lagged, then reappereared causing me to fuck up. so yea i feel ya all the way on everyone of them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kitty102
xXBenDstrawXx  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You are online playing someone (pre-planned) and either you or the person you hooked up with ends up with their game disconnecting. Usually, the game still goes for the other person, and your opponent's notes are all missed, but the sound plays. Sometimes the notes are played as well (AH GHOST!)

2. If you constantly miss notes in a row, and don't hit any for a while, the audio suddenly dies out, and the opposite (usually bass, unless co-oping) guitar's audio keeps playing.

Comments welcome.
RomeBravesBoy  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraMegaOK1988 wrote:
^ What bagged said. Plus...

4. I have never experienced this. Sounds like a disc/console issue.

5. Never experienced this. Sounds like a disc/console issue.

No its not. It happens to almost everyone. ur just lucky i guess
Rapstah  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The skipping glitches have never happened to my PS3 version, but the times I've played the 360 version at a friends place I've noticed them in every song. Yes, they are annoying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: