ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
My FF7 Progress: SCSWESONIIB - Omnislash + Bosses 17 and 18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slayer17  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even think of that Shinobi, but I planned on not using them anyway. I'll add that to the list lol. Thanks for mentioning it.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, watching the video of Guard Scorpion. LoL I always found it funny how the first time it puts the tail up it says "Attack while it's tail is up!"

And then you die...

EDIT: I need to play FFVII again. Just dunno if my discs will still freeze or not. Last time I tried I couldn't get past the Motorcycle escape because the game would freeze on both my PS1 and PS2. Haven't tried it on my PS3...who knows...

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilMunky wrote:
heh, watching the video of Guard Scorpion. LoL I always found it funny how the first time it puts the tail up it says "Attack while it's tail is up!"

And then you die...

Yeah that threw me for a loop the first time too. I also hate when you choose to attack it before the animation of it putting its tail up actually happens, then you get owned.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus you have Meteorain already? Hah

New goals:
FC Slither [ ]
FC The Outsider [ ]
FC Seventeen, I Wanna Rock, or, R&R [ ]
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying this challenge out as well, except I'm adding in:

No items at all
Starting Equipment (not just weapon)

Just made it past the Guardian Scorpion after about 8 tries. I beat him twice actually and couldn't make it out due to having HP in the single digits. Then I beat him with 40 hp remaining after coming up with a new strategy and I only take 5 damage on my way out. Go figure!

Ah sweet sweet inn...

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez Shinobi, that's nuts. Good luck. No items is damn hard. Air Buster will give you a lot of trouble, so level up by the inn.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slayer17 wrote:
Jeez Shinobi, that's nuts. Good luck. No items is damn hard. Air Buster will give you a lot of trouble, so level up by the inn.

That's the plan. It's kind of a pain to have to kill Tifa and Barret off every time I rest at the inn. Oh well. I'm sure it'll be much faster killing them off as time goes on. Not sure where any Enemy Skill Materia is or what Enemy Skills are good so I guess I'm just gonna have to wing it!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enemy Skill will be good for damage, but not healing sadly. Reason being, all the defensive enemy skills are acquired through manipulate, which, much to my dismay, is indeed materia.

The only reason I allowed items outside of battle is to make it less of a pain in the ass. It's not THAT much harder, but it is much more annoying to have to be near an inn to heal.

As far as the armor thing goes....I want my Mystile ok?

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, as I said in my last post, I started up a new game on my PS3 and everything seemed to be going ok. About 7 hours in I made it to the motorcycle minigame. As usual the damn thing froze after I set up my party and started the game. It's irritating cuz the disc looks nearly perfect and I don't know what the hell is going on. As soon as I try to start it, it just goes to a black screen and eventually it starts making the 'error' sound (like when you try to use a battle-only item, outside of battle).

Looking around on ebay last night I found a used working copy for like $51 with 2hrs remaining on it so I bid not expecting to win (since I wasn't going to be awake for the end of the auction). This morning I woke up and I realized I won, at a price of $60 which is much cheaper than the $100-$200 I'd seen for buy it now prices.

Hopefully the seller won't mind waiting until payday to get his payment (only 4 days away so I wouldn't think it would be a problem).

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slayer17 wrote:
Enemy Skill will be good for damage, but not healing sadly. Reason being, all the defensive enemy skills are acquired through manipulate, which, much to my dismay, is indeed materia.

The only reason I allowed items outside of battle is to make it less of a pain in the ass. It's not THAT much harder, but it is much more annoying to have to be near an inn to heal.

As far as the armor thing goes....I want my Mystile ok?

Haha, I think it is much harder without having items outside of battle. Once I leave town, every battle that I get into where I get hit is that much less life I have for the boss. I had to fight Guardian Scorpion with -70 HP and no leveling up (That'd be too much of a hit on hp). Let's just say I thought my version of the challenge was going to be ending sooner than I expected. Anybody trying the no item run, remember to put your guy in the back row! I forgot about this little tidbit. woulda saved me 35 hp. A full hit or more from Scorpion.

And Enemy Skill not giving defensive/healing makes me a sad monkey. It'll be nice to have something other than "attack" though. Lookin forward to finding it! XD

EvilMunky wrote:
Looking around on ebay last night I found a used working copy for like $51 with 2hrs remaining on it so I bid not expecting to win (since I wasn't going to be awake for the end of the auction). This morning I woke up and I realized I won, at a price of $60 which is much cheaper than the $100-$200 I'd seen for buy it now prices.

Hopefully the seller won't mind waiting until payday to get his payment (only 4 days away so I wouldn't think it would be a problem).

I paid $50 with $8.99 shipping for my copy and the only thing wrong was a tiny crack in the case. No reason you should have to pay more than 60 buckaroos.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShinobiAC wrote:

EvilMunky wrote:

I paid $50 with $8.99 shipping for my copy and the only thing wrong was a tiny crack in the case. No reason you should have to pay more than 60 buckaroos.

Yeah thats kind of what I was thinking. I hope it is a mistake on the seller's part but when I checked the invoice I found he's trying to charge me double the auction price bringing the total up to $124. There is no way in hell I'll be paying that much and I've sent messages to have him fix the invoice. If I end up getting negative feedback on this item I'm going to be upset...

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck getting your copy of the game EvilMunky. Don't pay all that extra money.

Also, Shinobi, you get the first Enemy Skill materia in the Shinra Building after fighting the first boss there.

Most of the skills are good. Matra Magic is good early on, then later Aqualung, Trine, and Beta are good. You can also get a few really nasty ones in the Crater.

After Air Buster I haven't had any trouble. Meteorain is so good.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slayer, you should post video's of all the bosses you beat. 'Tis pretty interesting to see how close some of the battles are (like Guard Scorpion for one...)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some HARDER challenges than this that are more than doable. This'll be fun to watch though anyway. I wonder if my copy still works...

EvilMunky  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tricked my PS3 into loading the motorcycle minigame by swapping to disc 2 at the instruction screen, then swapping back to disc 1 after it loaded. Swapping back was interesting cuz there's no pause so I let my guys take quite a bit of damage. But IT WORKED!! and now I'm leaving Midgar. Plus, if I experience any more freezes I've got a working copy on the way.

On another note, Slayer, I'm curious what your plan will be for the boss on the elevator before you fight Rufus at Shinra HQ. IIRC you need ranged attacks, damage items, magic, or limits to hit him. (Tis odd that this boss doesn't have the boss music as he's significantly more dangerous than Rufus) Is this going to be the single battle where you'll be using Barret (lol Big Blackie)?

EDIT: Well, I guess I spoke too soon. The game froze up again and disc swapping isn't working ... oh well guess I just have to wait or try to download a save file from after that point in the game.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: