ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I Wanna Be The Guy 4 Boss Impossible Mode Vid: Real Time Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
websurfertai  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat The Guy on Medium! Working on Very Hard now.

I might try some Impossible runs, but I doubt I'll get very far.

EDIT: Got Bowser/Wart/Wily after about 3-4 tries, working on the mine cart thing, which is a huge pain in the ass considering you have to do it all at once. >_<
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still stuck on the Guy on Medium so I decided to just play the game over and do some other stuff, But I had a question... how the hell do you get passed this room thats at the beginning of the game, I don't remember ever going through it when i actually played the game... So I'm not exactly sure how to get to that ledge...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler, this is directed at Mushy2008 wrote:
One of the spikes to the left of the screen is shaking. Shoot it, and it will fall to the ground, and you can land on it. Then, there is a sequence of invisible blocks that will appear every few seconds, kind of like the corridor in the Megaman section (at least I think that's where it is <_<)

The reason you didn't go through it before is because it's simply a shortcut to the area where you can choose whether to head towards Mother Brain or the Bowser boss. That's all there really is to it.

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
Qaszimon  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother Brain is down.

It didn't really feel like much of a boss to me. Didn't have the epic intro or special music that the others did.

Aside from that, it was actually pretty easy, whereas the other bosses actually took time and persistence to learn their routine, this was just about shooting/avoiding the red bubbles and dodging the turrets.

Cake, moving on to Klown Kopter as soon as I can finish the loop back to the beginning.
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegibbonator wrote:

Omg that Megaman room was soooo Cool lol :-) and that makes it much easier to get to the Motherbrain/Bowser Split, I remember see the shaking spike i just thought it was there to scare you... But I guess you can't use logic when playing this game. :-)

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
websurfertai  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I've had quite the week as far as IWBTG is concerned. Here's what I did so far:

Finally took the guy down on Medium (I know, lolmedium) and then did Very Hard and managed to kill him pretty easily. The mine cart area and the last area were the hardest I think.

After about 20 mins of trying Impossible, that's as far as I got. Took Tyson down on the first try of actually getting to him.
InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that last screen I posted, I still can't pass.

It's been days.

Halp. D:
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I'd never even seen this game before. This is the most absurd game I've ever seen! No way would I have the patience for this these days.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie, are you being killed by the turrets that stop in a position where you can't shoot them? You've gotta shoot them down before they reach their position, or it'll be impossible to make it through to the next screen. Other than that, there shouldn't really be many problems up until the next screen.

For the record, I STILL can't beat Wily. I've reached the second bubble, but I got hit by a fire column as I jumped over it.

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
Qaszimon  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowser/Wart/Wily down! It took all damn day yesterday but I finally finished him off.

The room right after him surprisingly only took me three tries. o.O

Heading to the cart ride as fast as I can!

thegibbonator wrote:
For the record, I STILL can't beat Wily. I've reached the second bubble, but I got hit by a fire column as I jumped over it.

I found it easier to stick to the right-hand side of the screen. Let him drop the ball, shoot him up, and as soon as your head is clear from the fireball hanging from the bottom of the Koopa Kopter, jump over. Time it so that you clear the ball as soon as he passes, or else he'll turn around and probably nail you from the other way.

Also, try your hardest to really shoot the crap out of the ball. I killed him in 2 attack phases, which made the fight TONS easier.
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qaszimon wrote:
thegibbonator wrote:

I found it easier to stick to the right-hand side of the screen. Let him drop the ball, shoot him up, and as soon as your head is clear from the fireball hanging from the bottom of the Koopa Kopter, jump over. Time it so that you clear the ball as soon as he passes, or else he'll turn around and probably nail you from the other way.

Also, try your hardest to really shoot the crap out of the ball. I killed him in 2 attack phases, which made the fight TONS easier.

THANK YOU! I beat him down on the fourth attempt after reading this, I'm on my way to the cart ride!

I got him down in two attack phases too, luckily I managed to jump over the bubble both times. :P

Edit: Erm, guys? Why is the screen directly after the boss so difficult? You can stand in-between the ceiling spikes and they won't hit you!

Also:

InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegibbonator wrote:
Pie, are you being killed by the turrets that stop in a position where you can't shoot them? You've gotta shoot them down before they reach their position, or it'll be impossible to make it through to the next screen. Other than that, there shouldn't really be many problems up until the next screen.

For the record, I STILL can't beat Wily. I've reached the second bubble, but I got hit by a fire column as I jumped over it. :(

I can kill those, but every time I try jumping up (after the three falling blocks), I get killed by spikes.

:(
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
Qaszimon  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InflatablePie wrote:
thegibbonator wrote:

I can kill those, but every time I try jumping up (after the three falling blocks), I get killed by spikes.

Jump to the right! After the last falling block, double jump to the right and you'll land next to the save point.

Mine cart wasn't too terrible. I only got a couple shots in on the dragon but he seems beatable too.

Yay progress!
Samson007  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you serious Gibbonator? You can stand on the regular floor between the spikes and the ceiling ones wont kill you?

If thats the case then I have to go back and do some more impossible runs going that way. I never do them cause I never get past that screen in one try.

Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samson007 wrote:
Are you serious Gibbonator? You can stand on the regular floor between the spikes and the ceiling ones wont kill you?

If thats the case then I have to go back and do some more impossible runs going that way. I never do them cause I never get past that screen in one try.

Yes it works. I tried it and didn't get killed but the ceiling's spikes. I got raped by that second jump, though. <_<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 14 of 27

Jump to: