ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
NOTB 5* on hard?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxmyst3ryxx  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: NOTB 5* on hard? Reply with quote

well im trying to 5 star NOTB on hard but i keep getting a 220k score and i need like 300k for 5 star. i can pass the song easily but the intro owns me because i can't hit it while down or alt strumming. if i alt strum ill go to fast and get s 2x multiplier max. i also dont get the trills in solo 1 to hit (well kinda of trills). so any help?

`thanks
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to be able to hit the solos for the 5 star. I alt. strum the intro and outro, but you must find the method that works for you. Slow it down to learn the pattern, then slowly increase your strum speed at faster speeds. How do you do in the main riff?
xxmyst3ryxx  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i pretty much own the main riffs exept when you go from the RYO chord to the blue yellow red then back i miss there cause i strum to fast over it.
thirteen37  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember that you DON'T have to take your hand off of the red (or green) notes on hard.

for some reason that song seemed to come to me more naturally than all of my friends.... (and yes, alt strum for sure.)

if it helps, i seem to alt-strum particularly forcefully on that song. i mean i SLAM the strum-bar back and forth. it mite help keep your speed low. (thot it sometimes cramps my hand)
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I down-strum this song. It's hell on my arm, but I suck at slow alt-strums even more. Anyway, that's personal preference, and I would probably stick with what got you this far.

The intro owns me too. It's not the most essential ingredient to a 5*, but it helps, especially if you can pick up one or two SP phrases. If I can't, I restart the song. Anyway, here's what I did for my five star:
1) Get 1/2 phrases in the intro. As suggested before, anchor your index finger on green/red. It really helps a lot, and is actually one of the few places I employ anchoring.
2) Pick up the easy phrase after it.
3) Activate in the chords ASAP. You should have a 4x multiplier before activating, though. It really, really helps to be able to combo that little between the chords. I could not get it, but once I did, 5* came soon after. Enjoy your free points!
4) I don't think I got enough SP for another activation before the solo. I can't remember that. What I do remember is BSing through the solo. It's not essential to the 5*. Maybe I got a phrase here too?
5) When you get back to the chords, activate again. More points.
6) The outro is the same as the intro, as you know. Not super important, so try to rack up more last-second points.
mninp  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pretty much need to be able to FC the main riff and chorus to get the 5 star. Especially if you can't hit the intro riff. Slow down the main riff if you can't get the muscle memory to hit it on full speed. It can be a tricky chord change, but it's not too tough to hit once you practice it a little.
eagle777  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like what other people said if you cannot hit the intro, outro, or solo, you must ace everything else. i did okay on the intro and outro and didn't ace everything else but I still 5* it. So you do not need to fc everything just do okay on the intro and to really good on the melody.
myself.  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it like I did - suck at the intro (slooooow alt strum and let the red finger layn down) and do no mistakes at the RGO chords. I got 297k, 5* :]
ortiz1193  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something's wierd? I remember having 395k before I learned how to hit the intro...I just flailed through the intro, outro, and solo...anyway

Remember everytime you miss a You're losing about 9000 points from the score you would get...so comboing all the way through the verses with a x4/x8 is extremely important, as long as you can pass the solo without sp then it shouldn't be too difficult to 5*
Killham  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the intro/outro with a sort of semi-alt strum: I strum the double reds down, then up for the oranges (or it could be the other way round, I can't remember and I don't really think about it while I'm doing it), and then do a normal alt-strum in the bits. That works pretty much every time for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: