Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Next NFL season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AxeBoy34  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Next NFL season Reply with quote

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm ready and willin' for some more FOOTBALL!!! Also, any thoughts about, oh, I dunno...who's gonna be in the Super Bowl, who's gonna WIN, the commercials for it, preseason...anything like that is welcome!
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I'm about dead with the lack of football, like I am every year (AFL doesn't count because the Storm suck this year(They've already had many glory days so I don't care)).

Obviously I'd like the Bucs to pull off a major WTFAWESOME season, but I dunno. I expect the Patriots to make it really far in the playoffs again, but otherwise I haven't given it much thought yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand the Patriots. I've been a die hard Giants fan for a long while though, and I never thought they'd win that game. I SCREAMED when they won though. Damned Patriots, thinking they're so great with Tom Brady... Eli Manning > Tom Brady. Hell, while I'm at it, Giants > Patriots.

I do think the Patriots will make it far into the playoffs again, and maybe in the Super Bowl. They got another great shot at it, but I would still do a frontflip off a bridge if they lost their first game =D.
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Packers will end up doing pretty well with Aaron Rogers. I don't expect them to go Super Bowl Honestly as it is his first year as start QB for the Pack, but I see a good future for him.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
shadow6463  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pats have only gotten better in the offseason. They added youth to their defense, so I see them winning the Super Bowl. They're pretty much the franchise of this decade because of a smart front office. (00s=Pats,90s=Cowboys,80s=49ers,70s=Steeler,etc.)

I think they will win the Super Bowl this year, should've won it before they choked to the colts 2 years ago, and should've won it last year, but I still don't know how that happened )

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/shadow6463
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: shadow6463
Thecandyman  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a Chargers fan since I was 4, so I hope they'll go pretty far into the playoffs. However, in the tough AFC and after losing Michael Turner, I can only stay optimistic. LT will rush 1600+ yards, but finish 2nd to Adrian Peterson, who'll rush for 2000+. I'll say Pats vs. Saints (hopefully Brees and Bush can do well next season) in the Super Bowl, Pats coming out of it 35-17. Oh, and expect at least 20 beer commercials during the game.
CnewbyHST  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobainage1994 wrote:
I think the Packers will end up doing pretty well with Aaron Rogers. I don't expect them to go Super Bowl Honestly as it is his first year as start QB for the Pack, but I see a good future for him.

If Aaron Rogers cant succeed here, hell never succeed anywhere. It's pretty much the perfect situation for him, great WRs, Ryan Grant playing out of his mind, and a suffocating defense. The only thing that can hold the packers back is the QB.
fphroch  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys fan here! Hopefully now that Julius Jones is gone Marion Barber with get more yards/Attempts. Maybe Felix Jones gets some runs eh?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Fphroch PSN Name: Fphroch
directshot999  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow6463 wrote:

I think they will win the Super Bowl this year, should've won it before they choked to the colts 2 years ago, and should've won it last year, but I still don't know how that happened )

It happened because the Giants FUCKING PWN!!!!

Nah really, I don't know how it happened either I had honestly picked the Pats to win by a good 2 TDs. When that game finally ended, I pulled a Jr KoT and screamed so loud. I was so happy lol.
fphroch  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

directshot999 wrote:
shadow6463 wrote:

It happened because the Giants FUCKING PWN!!!!

Nah really, I don't know how it happened either I had honestly picked the Pats to win by a good 2 TDs. When that game finally ended, I pulled a Jr KoT and screamed so loud. I was so happy lol.
They probably thought it was gonna be an easy win. So they did practice hard,etc. Then superbowl came. OWNED.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Fphroch PSN Name: Fphroch
joerod  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow6463 wrote:
The Pats have only gotten better in the offseason. They added youth to their defense, so I see them winning the Super Bowl. They're pretty much the franchise of this decade because of a smart front office. (00s=Pats,90s=Cowboys,80s=49ers,70s=Steeler,etc.)

You forgot thats the 60's were dominated by the Packers (3 straight championships)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living in Michigan, I've had the same Lions prediction for about the last five years: They're gonna do bad. So far, they haven't proven me wrong.

My two favorite teams are Denver and Cleveland. I expect Denver at best to hover around .500, though I suspect a 6-10 record to be more likely.

On the other hand, I think Cleveland could possibly make a serious run at the playoffs. They came very close last year, and it seems as though nothing has really changed since last year (roster-wise).
STFU, IBIATCL, AYGGMW ZWDC(C), YGSY aside, prove the TOAHIAPH/EIFL model is still GHWT-RB2 AOK for NSFT/HMX IMHO IHMFLY LTMDTT POTUS HIV IDK my BFF jill
BRB AFK
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: stealthamo Wii Friend Code: 356602567334
Shotgunmerc  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you saw my make your own team thread, which was so rudely locked, then you know how desparate i am for the season to start

GO STEELERS!

a funny video of me choking on Monkey Wrench will go here once i get my GH2 log
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotgunmerc
dmaster13  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might as well keel over right now. GIVE ME MY FOOTBALL. Do you know how starved for football i get once the season ends? (Before they cancelled it)I watched NFL Europe, and I watch Arena football. The first week of preaseason is a GODSEND, but the next 3 weeks are just boring. Then the season! And after 3 weeks, i'm already waiting for something new to happen. STUPID REDSKINS, ALWAYS LETTING ME DOWN. Actually, I do see a good future for them, they are definitely a good team this year. If Zorn can get his players to respect him this season, and Campbell gets it going, then this team is a dark horse.

Goals:

Top 5 on RB2 PS3 hard drums [ ]
GET A GH5 BAND STARTED [ ]
82erkle  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shotgunmerc wrote:
if you saw my make your own team thread, which was so rudely locked, then you know how desparate i am for the season to start

GO STEELERS!

It wasn't rudely locked, it just didn't promote discussion.

I am a diehard viking fan, although I really like the packers too, which is really weird, I know. I really think that if Tavaris Jackson can do well this year, the vikings have a good shot of at least going to the divisional game. Aaron Rodgers seems like he will be a great starter, even though no one will ever be as good as Favre. In the AFC I like the Patriots and my suprise pick is the Browns, as they did well last year with a young team, and they might do well again this year.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: