ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I fear for GH: Metallica
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goron40  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: I fear for GH: Metallica Reply with quote

Everyone was expecting Aerosmith to be an easy game, and Neversoft surprised us by overcharting every chart in the game, adding chords where they do not exist, the changed hammer-on system... and don't get me started on random strums.

If they can take a band like Aerosmith and do this... What is to become of GH: Metallica?
mrnuzzlespleen  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhhh- I just played and beat it, and it WAS really easy. Never below 97% for any song, pretty boring charts until the second to last tier-very much close to what we expected.
schoof  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I fear for GH: Metallica Reply with quote

Goron40 wrote:
Everyone was expecting Aerosmith to be an easy game, and Neversoft surprised us by overcharting every chart in the game, adding chords where they do not exist, the changed hammer-on system... and don't get me started on random strums.

Didn't really see much overcharting here, maybe a couple of spots that are weird, but not necessarily overcharted. As for the HO/POs, they were way too easy in GH3, I'm glad that they added a front window for them, you actually have to HO/PO at the right time to hit it.

That being said, I agree that the strums during the solos can be a bit much, if you have to strum once in a while I can live with that, but some of the time it is a bit ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good that they are making the game easier. Its more fun for the people who arent godly expert players.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
puppetmaster  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't really know how you could mess up GH:Metallica, but seeing how badly they shorted us on songs with GH:A, and how they pretty much left out the entire second half of Aerosmith's career, i guess if there is a way to screw up GH:Metallica, Neversoft may just figure out how to do it.
thedevilsreject  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

puppetmaster wrote:
they pretty much left out the entire second half of Aerosmith's career

That would be a good thing in GH:M's case

Last edited by thedevilsreject on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
puppetmaster  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedevilsreject wrote:
puppetmaster wrote:

That would be a good thing in GH:M's case [/b]

good point sir, good point. they can definitely leave out all of St. Anger. that shit was rubbish. i can deal with all their other stuff though. definitely wouldn't mind seeing "On the Road Again." i liked that cover.
LeCoy  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: I fear for GH: Metallica Reply with quote

Goron40 wrote:

If they can take a band like Aerosmith and do this... What is to become of GH: Metallica?
And that's a bunch of bullshit, seeing as there is no overcharting at all in the game. The hammer ons are basically the same, chords are where chords should be, and the random strums are there for when Joe Perry actually strums.

Xbox Live Gamertag: KingofFunk412
danman1979  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

puppetmaster wrote:
thedevilsreject wrote:
puppetmaster wrote:

good point sir, good point. they can definitely leave out all of St. Anger. that shit was rubbish. i can deal with all their other stuff though. definitely wouldn't mind seeing "On the Road Again." i liked that cover.

Don't you mean "Turn the Page" by Bob Seger? Just checking.
dxbrbnk  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, GH:M will be a pin off of GH4 not GH3. Meaning, that it will include all band instruments.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: juanbrbnk
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: I fear for GH: Metallica Reply with quote

Goron40 wrote:

Exaggerate much? The game had almost zero overcharting, maybe one or two spots, but nothing noticeable. The Hammer on system is just fine too, only slightly different than GH3, but doesn't take long at all to get the hang of it.

After seeing this, I'm really excited for GH: Metallica and hopefully will see if it'll have the full band thing going for it which would be too awesome. They really couldn't have the done the game any better I think.
metallidevils  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's "turn the page"..and they probably won't bother getting rights to the covers.

I do hope they leave off St Anger. I personally love the loads, but there's no way that they'll put anything besides Fuel on GH:M. There are actually some complex guitar parts to the Loads, but the overall slowness would make them not as fun. Some of those songs are damn hard to play on regular guitar, but it wouldn't translate well.
mrnuzzlespleen  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danman1979 wrote:
puppetmaster wrote:
thedevilsreject wrote:
puppetmaster wrote:

Don't you mean "Turn the Page" by Bob Seger? Just checking.

Yeah, "on the road again" is a Willie Nelson song. come to think of it, a Metallica cover would be REALLY awesome.
JB10194  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith seems to not have any overcharting to me at least. The only thing I fear about Guitar Hero: Metallica is that most of their songs sound similar and I wouldn't really feel like playing some songs that are six minutes or longer.
valioso  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dxbrbnk wrote:
Hopefully, GH:M will be a pin off of GH4 not GH3. Meaning, that it will include all band instruments.

I am pretty sure they will be a full band game since is after GH4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: