ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
HellAshes Technique FAQ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BTK2213  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to FC six and am only having trouble in a few parts

1) the intro chords changes do you slide or just leave position........ive been trying to slide and it feels easier to hit but weird i guess i should practice it more 4 muscle memory

2) in the verses hhow do you do the blue to RY chord I use my pinky like normal for blue but its not very consistent and sometimes I hit a RYB chord when trying for the RY chord

thats all i really have trouble and and if I haver a VERY VERY lucky run I could get an FC

my best is -8 right now and all misses in intro and verses

the solo has not given me much trouble at all
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inst 3d hand over fretboard:

for the I use my thumb, but another way to do it would be:

i know this is the HellAshes Technique Thread, but probably still best to leave the keyboard style fingering to the master ;).

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Schmole  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: nm nm nm *sigh* thought i was in another tab
HouseOfPayne2  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for this guide, its helping me with jordan.

DarkDucky talking about the reversal of the magnetic fields wrote:
This at first will just make lots of pretty coloured lights everywhere, but eventually will lead to severe amounts of radiation, and kill people.
GuitardedHero  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm about as good as I'm going to get without tapping, but starting to use this technique is kinda difficult. Any advice?

I can do Ballroom Blitz on 80's solo in Full Speed without an elbow strum now, but I'm trying to move on to something more challenging.
awesomelykrazy  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA, i have 3 questions.
1.Does wearing gloves while playing help you?(in any way, if so how?)
2.How do you get your fingers to move so ridiculously fast?
3.Where did you first learn to tap? Teach me plz!

tell me how i'm doin on guitar hero.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is actually possible on solo 7 to do a ghost pull off, so instead of

Y Y
B
O O
3 2 1 3 1

you can actually do:

Y Y
B
O O
3 2 1 123

like that for all those insaney bits, hope it helps
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: o0 Hazza95 0o
Arts4Lyfe  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a thread looking for another player that only plays with 2 fingers, seeing as I am the only one I have seen and I've accomplished so much alone, I was wondering if there were anyone else who was better than me, and could help me with the parts I am stuck on / the songs I can't FC, ect... and the response was you used to play with 2 fingers, and had guitar god status while you did it.

Do you / did you play with 2 fingers?
If so, would you be willing to help me be as good as you were/are?

Thanks for your time.

23Mil for Gh3 [X]
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTK2213 wrote:
I am trying to FC six and am only having trouble in a few parts

1) the intro chords changes do you slide or just leave position........ive been trying to slide and it feels easier to hit but weird i guess i should practice it more 4 muscle memory

2) in the verses hhow do you do the blue to RY chord I use my pinky like normal for blue but its not very consistent and sometimes I hit a RYB chord when trying for the RY chord

thats all i really have trouble and and if I haver a VERY VERY lucky run I could get an FC

my best is -8 right now and all misses in intro and verses

the solo has not given me much trouble at all

1. I play each chord progression like this:

1 1 2 1
2 2 3 2

1 2 1 3
2 3 2 4

1 2 1 3
2 3 2 4

For the , I treat it like That way, my hands are always ready for the next note. Oh yeah, and I slide up to the blue so my ring finger is on it.

GuitardedHero wrote:
So, I'm about as good as I'm going to get without tapping, but starting to use this technique is kinda difficult. Any advice?

I can do Ballroom Blitz on 80's solo in Full Speed without an elbow strum now, but I'm trying to move on to something more challenging.

Tapping is a tough technique to learn. It takes a ton of practice and patience. If you have GH2, start with Six and Thunderhorse, as they are the easiest to tap with, since you only use one finger on each hand. After that, move on to Laid to Rest, and Arterial Black, as they bring in more fingers from your right hand at once. Some of the more tough tapping is Institutionalized and You Really Got Me, just with the speed, and finger placement. Jordan is for people who are crazy enough to dedicate a lot of their time to playing.

awesomelykrazy wrote:
HA, i have 3 questions.
1.Does wearing gloves while playing help you?(in any way, if so how?)
2.How do you get your fingers to move so ridiculously fast?
3.Where did you first learn to tap? Teach me plz!

tell me how i'm doin on guitar hero.

1. Yes, it does help. When you're wearing gloves, it's like wearing weights, and overtime your hands will forget they're on. Once you take them off, your hands will feel much lighter and move much quicker.
2. Practice and proper technique.
3. The first thing I ever tapped was Cowboys From Hell on GHI. Check the above question to start tapping.

Try FCing it next time. SCOM is pretty hard to FC actually, but if you think you're up to it, go for it.

Arts4Lyfe wrote:
I made a thread looking for another player that only plays with 2 fingers, seeing as I am the only one I have seen and I've accomplished so much alone, I was wondering if there were anyone else who was better than me, and could help me with the parts I am stuck on / the songs I can't FC, ect... and the response was you used to play with 2 fingers, and had guitar god status while you did it.

Thanks for your time.

I've gotten a on every song in GHI, GHII, and GH80s, so I've learned a lot about playing with 2 fingers. First off, scale passages. They are extremely hard with 2 fingers, but the way I do them is this.

1 2 1 2

I jump between each group of 2. I found jumping to be MUCH more consistent than sliding, this goes for other things as well. Here are my fingerings for 3-note chords (Forget , unless you're crazy.)

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
2 1 2 1 2 2 1 2 2
2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Arts4Lyfe  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Arts4Lyfe wrote:

Thanks for your time.

I've gotten a on every song in GHI, GHII, and GH80s, so I've learned a lot about playing with 2 fingers. First off, scale passages. They are extremely hard with 2 fingers, but the way I do them is this.

1 2 1 2

I jump between each group of 2. I found jumping to be MUCH more consistent than sliding, this goes for other things as well. Here are my fingerings for 3-note chords (Forget , unless you're crazy.)

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
2 1 2 1 2 2 1 2 2
2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2

Lol I am much more advanced than this, but thanks for your time in answering me. I was actually looking for help on finger patterns for FCing certain songs on expert with 2 fingers, 3 for 3-note chords. I've managed to FC (and get only about 500 points off of the top score, would be better if I could select activate but I have to tilt, taking away squeezing . ) on My Name is Jonas, Lay Down, Mississippi Queen, Slow Ride, Closer, Sabotage ect...I've gotten 100% on over 20 songs on GH, like
Hit me with your best shot and those songs that are hard to *not* overstrum at least once (talking to you, Bulls on Parade...).

Anyway, my point is not to brag because you're much too good for me to even attempt to impress you, but, I wasn't asking how to do a 4-note scale, even though I appreciate your reply. I'll just ask you an example of something I need help on.

Cult of Personality's . I've managed to accomplish FCing this solo 1ce or 2ce before, but it involved me getting incredibly lucky because I either slid my hand across the fretboard so rapidly it burned after those 6 notes alone (vegetable oil required), or I somehow managed to tap it fast enough, which I can't do consistently AT ALL, not enough to try to FC it and get a decent score on scorehero. I also don't see how I could do this, and really, I don't see how you could answer me. But, never hurts to try. Oh yeah, and what I do when I try this is Index for G and R, and middle finger for the O and the B. So like, 112 112. But, it isn't consistent enough either.

Another one...

FCing Cliffs of Dover
Yeah, I know I'm insane for even thinking about it but I beleive I have a chance, EVEN with 2 fingers. This would DEFINATELY be where I need help with a finger pattern from someone who can play with 2 fingers. The chorus or whatever of this song is a note then a hammer on, then a note and a hammer on, over and over which basically put my fingers in a frantic dance to hit the notes, where they fail to do so. I don't need help on any of the solo's, or the :O, or the breakdown. It's just the chorus-like thing that owns me.

Thanks again, for your time. Hope you can help ^^.

23Mil for Gh3 [X]
Monstrousity  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About you wearing gloves - Can these be any type? Or specifically one's like your Jordan hands video?

When would you use them? Say like use them for 1 week, then take them off for a week? Or would you just use them once a week or something?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to thank you Hellashes, your tapping tutorial for Institutionalized Solo 3d really helped me a lot.
Arts4Lyfe  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mm. I guess HA isn't quite the right person to ask for GH3 help. Oh well.

23Mil for Gh3 [X]
HouseOfPayne2  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your fingering for gtr solo 1b of detonation?

DarkDucky talking about the reversal of the magnetic fields wrote:
This at first will just make lots of pretty coloured lights everywhere, but eventually will lead to severe amounts of radiation, and kill people.
ZackaryCF  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you give me your path for Mother? I'm on the verge of an FC here and I don't want to have to do it again because my path wasn't at least semi-optimal. Keep in mind I don't squeeze, but I do like to be somewhat exact with my activations...if you know what I mean. Ex: On Institutionalized, for the first activation, I don't activate the exact second before the fast strumming in order to perfectly allign with the next SP phrase. I just hit it before the fast greens and lose a very miniscule amount of points. I'm not that good at squeezing yet

Last edited by ZackaryCF on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 9 of 21

Jump to: