ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Anyone play Fire Emblem?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bman0517  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE, MY ELIWOOD SURE IS GOOD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4kN7FyxD0k
121212 wrote:
I recently started playing my DS Lite again and want to get some games for it. I already have New Super Mario Bros, GH: On Tour and Final Fantasy III.
Anyone have any ideas. Thanks.
buy a psp. gg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 541286281365
KratosAurion  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a GBA rom of 6 in Japanese and 7 in English due to losing them in the english version i still play Sacred Stones on my DS hahaha i just spam Arena on chapter 5, and chapter 12 for Ephraim or chapter 10 for Erika, yea currently im on my 5th run through fo the game on the Final Chapter :P on Hardest mode.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: azndude3194
cheedie101  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KratosAurion wrote:
i have a GBA rom of 6 in Japanese and 7 in English due to losing them in the english version i still play Sacred Stones on my DS hahaha i just spam Arena on chapter 5, and chapter 12 for Ephraim or chapter 10 for Erika, yea currently im on my 5th run through fo the game on the Final Chapter :P on Hardest mode.

Arena abuse can be fun, but it takes the fun away from the game.

Beating the game on hard mode without tower abuse, skirmishes, or arena abuse, is more fun.

Deimos wrote:
"~WeeDSk8r420's~Pot~Page~
Akaleth  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've just started my first serious run of FE7, actually planning out what units to use and whatnot (from Lyn's story, it'll be Lyn, Erk, Serra, Lucius and Florina, not completely decided on everyone else yet.) And as surprising as this may seem, this will be the first time I've ever used Florina aside from the first few chapters you have her.

Yeah, I know.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bman0517 wrote:
GEE, MY ELIWOOD SURE IS GOOD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4kN7FyxD0k

lolwut, how'd you get his strength so high and manage to get crappy skill/speed? >_> Seriously, my level 1 promoted Eliwood had the same amount of both that your level 10 Eliwood had.

This makes me wanna post my final chapter FE6 hard mode stats, my sage trio + Ray is friggin insane.

Quote:
And as surprising as this may seem, this will be the first time I've ever used Florina aside from the first few chapters you have her.

I don't think that in the many many times I've ran through that game that I've EVER trained Florina. Never been a fan of peg knights.

EDIT: Took screens of my FE6 hard mode arena team. Keep in mind that FE6 characters generally have lower stats than FE7 characters, both of which have lower stats than FE8 characters.

Roy:

I take back everything bad I've ever said about Roy. He has an A support with Lilina. That +5 to defense and resistance is due to the Sword of Seals, the best weapon in FE history.

Lilina:

I had to use a secret book and speedwings. She's fragile and has terrible aim, but damn she can blow shit up. She has A support with Roy.

Lugh:

I used a dragonshield on him, but even without it that's high defense for Lugh. He has B support with both Hugh and Ray.

Hugh:

Hugh has always been my favorite (even though you have to pay 10,000 for him), but damn this is good even for him. I used an angelic robe on him to boost his HP even more, even though he has plenty without it. Not only did he max out magic and speed this time around, but he managed to get a whopping 19 defense! He has A support with Ray and B with Lugh, as well as Forblaze equipped (hence +5 luck).

Ray:

I obviously used a body ring, or else he would've been weighed down by a lousy Flux, but otherwise he's damn good. He has A support with Hugh and B with Lugh.

Also, two honorable mentions:

Gonzales:

I used a secret book on him, but I should've given it to Lilina. It feels like cheating to use him, because he starts out as an enemy and thus recieves the f'ing insane hard mode stat bonus. To put this into perspective for you, he had 60 HP at level 20/1.

Miledy:

I didn't have to use any stat-ups on her. Again, it feels like cheating to use her because she starts as an enemy and gets those crazy bonuses. I actually stopped using her near the end because I kept getting 0-stat level-ups (she maxed out at like, level 8 or so) and I wanted the EXP to go to the sage trio. She'd be the perfect arena fighter if it weren't for her weakness to legendary weapons.

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
cheedie101  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxuallyAPeasing wrote:
the Sword of Seals, the best weapon in FE history.

Better than Ragnell?

Deimos wrote:
saxuallyAPeasing  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheedie101 wrote:
saxuallyAPeasing wrote:

Better than Ragnell?

I pretend that the series never went past 8.

HellsAgent  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fire emblem games I've played (7,8,) were some of my favorite games ever.
They kick so much ass, it isnt even funny.
cheedie101  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxuallyAPeasing wrote:
cheedie101 wrote:
saxuallyAPeasing wrote:

Better than Ragnell?

I pretend that the series never went past 8.

LMAO not a fan of the console versions huh? They aren't that bad...

Deimos wrote:
Bman0517  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UBER SPEAR GET (sadly yes, this is the first time i've done this)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Jb3R3a-Kc
121212 wrote:
I recently started playing my DS Lite again and want to get some games for it. I already have New Super Mario Bros, GH: On Tour and Final Fantasy III.
buy a psp. gg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 541286281365
Bman0517  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FE6 is horrible lol.
I just beat it and here's my "review"
It starts off hard as ALL HELL, and the maps are too boring. Middle of the game is fairly balanced, felt like I was playing FE7. Then the last half of the game is ASS, maps get huge, but along with that, it gets PISS EASY. Once all the divine weapons are obtained, it's cake, and the final boss? You can beat it in 3 turns, enjoy your LETDOWN OF A GAME.
Starting an FE4 run now, and it looks good.
121212 wrote:
buy a psp. gg
saxuallyAPeasing  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bman0517 wrote:
FE6 is horrible lol.
It starts off hard as ALL HELL, and the maps are too boring. Middle of the game is fairly balanced, felt like I was playing FE7. Then the last half of the game is ASS, maps get huge, but along with that, it gets PISS EASY. Once all the divine weapons are obtained, it's cake, and the final boss? You can beat it in 3 turns, enjoy your LETDOWN OF A GAME.

Pfft, all of FE7 is easier than a single map of FE6 (aside from the final one obviously.) The only times I ever have trouble with 7 is the Pirate Ship on HHM, but even FE6 on normal mode can give me problems. Try FE6 on hard mode, or maybe limit yourself to crappy units like Wolt, Noah, and Barth.

Razzmatazz  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxuallyAPeasing wrote:
Bman0517 wrote:
FE6 is horrible lol.

Pfft, all of FE7 is easier than a single map of FE6 (aside from the final one obviously.) The only times I ever have trouble with 7 is the Pirate Ship on HHM, but even FE6 on normal mode can give me problems. Try FE6 on hard mode, or maybe limit yourself to crappy units like Wolt, Noah, and Barth.

Oh come on Wolt isn't that bad. Unless you were talking about Hard Mode or something, then he does suck. Hard core actually.

I also started another game of FE4, but I quickly got derailed from that by FFT plus having beaten that game 2x already. I was gonna try and shake things up by doing some new pairings but god damnit I refuse to have Holsety passed on to anyone but Sety

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razzmatazz wrote:
saxuallyAPeasing wrote:
Bman0517 wrote:
FE6 is horrible lol.

Oh come on Wolt isn't that bad. Unless you were talking about Hard Mode or something, then he does suck. Hard core actually.

I also started another game of FE4, but I quickly got derailed from that by FFT plus having beaten that game 2x already. I was gonna try and shake things up by doing some new pairings but god damnit I refuse to have Holsety passed on to anyone but Sety

Both Wolt and Dorothy are terrible. Just look at Sue and Shin (especially on hard mode, damn...) and tell me you'd rather use two archers with lower stats and movement.

Razzmatazz  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually used Wolt many many times in Normal Mode and things work out just fine actually. Of course Shin is 10x better (and Sue) but still. Like I said, HM doesn't count since that's a whole different ball game when it comes to units *coughcoughPercivalcoughcough*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: