ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Call of Duty Black Ops. Coming out 11/9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw the trailer... Good stuff from the looks. Even though I suck at these games still, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

GOODBYE MY SWEETHEART, HELLO VIETNAM!

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer looks amazing, I kinda got a Assassin's Creed vibe from it.

Anyways, is this confirmed to take place in Vietnam? It looks like it takes place like 100 years from now.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it'll be a period game at all or will jump through time. I think when it was rumored to have Vietnam, I think it'll just involve the actual country at some point in current history in some fictional war.

I could be totally wrong too, we'll see. I'm sure we'll get a good reveal at E3.
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
Southparkhero wrote:
IN MY OPINION.

lol.

Yea, I see what you mean, but I was expecting something like "Modern Warfare 3".

xD

Treyarch can't make MW3, well i guess they can if they want to get sued for a billion dollars. Infinity Ward is the maker of the modern warfare CoDs and they own the rights to make the modern warfare games right now.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate teasers, they tell me nothing. Teasers can make a piece of shit look good.

I want gun info, killstreak info, perk info, and just other general stuff. Guess I'll be waiting.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
I hate teasers, they tell me nothing. Teasers can make a piece of shit look good.

I want gun info, killstreak info, perk info, and just other general stuff. Guess I'll be waiting.

Then it wouldn't be a teaser, but a launch video lol It's just something to give someone the littlest taste so it keeps them interested till a better trailer is released. At least it's better than the MW2 one which had just audio stuff going on lol
Octavian  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of the Vietnam FPS games were terrible....I wish they would do that.....why make modern warfare a cliche if you can just do something new and make of good by having a team like IW or Treyarch dev
MrYumYum  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treyarch never really faces too much competition anyway. Only real competitor, IMO, is Medal of Honor which doesn't look too great so far, save that for actual gameplay footage. This game will most likely encompass the Cold War which I think is a terrific idea since unnecessarily restricting a title to the Vietnam era isn't too appealing to me. We're still going to see some Vietnam, of course. There's a lot of speculation right now of the opening scene where you can clearly see 2010:03:2 suggesting things in the near past to be present in the game.

Being Vietnamese, I'm also hoping for some clarification that Vietnam was split into two states, communistic and non-communistic at one time and not just one. It gets a bit tiring hearing ignorant kids tell me their dad, etc. shot at my dad in the war.

And to clarify, that's not a fucking astronaut, it's an SR-71 pilot.

http://kotaku.com/5528598/your-first-look-at-call-of-duty-black-ops

EDIT 1: Forgot about Halo Reach lul. I don't own any Halos past Halo 1, so yeah.

<3 robbyx4595 for sex banner
Add me on XBL if you wish, just leave SH name in message.

Last edited by MrYumYum on Sat May 01, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrLeeChang16
meister  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nollaig wrote:
I hope they include a theatre mode like Halo and Uncharted

That would be awesome, although the number of montages/commentaries would increase infinite fold

You say that like its a bad thing. I like watching videos haha.

I'll wait for more info on this before thinking if I want it or not

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beginning made me think of one thing.

MK ULTRA

I am 99% sure this has to do with something like that going under cover(Note the 2010). It fits into the definition of Black Ops perfectly. Anywho, just my 2 cents.
Nollaig  

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://playstationinformer.wordpress.com/2010/05/15/call-of-duty-black-ops-oxm-scans-and-info/

Quote:
- Vehicles will return, but “not in the way you remember them from WaW”.

- There will be “dedicated co-op” with separate levels. Treyarch changed the subject when we asked about World at War’s hugely popular Nazi Zombies.

- A multiplayer beta’s being “considered”, Lamia told us with a literal wink.

- Treyarch will be improving mulitplayer by taking on feedback – even going so far as to openly acknowledge the under-the-map glitches that initially plagued World at War.

- Changes are being made to the matchmaking to “make it easier for [players] to get into games with their friends.”

- Multiplayer was up and running so early that some campaign levels were actually built from multiplayer maps.

- Create-a-Class 2.0 will allow you to customise yourself like never before. This should include kit and appearance items as well as perks.

And a whole lot more info w/scans

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy to hear the CoD; Black Ops will have dedicated servers: http://bit.ly/cEOez0

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCM08 wrote:
So happy to hear the CoD; Black Ops will have dedicated servers: http://bit.ly/cEOez0

And this is the hard part in buying this game for me. Dedicated servers are glorious, and are almost mandatory for a succesful online PC game. Servers form communities like ScoreHero all the time. You play with the same people, get to know them, and even be good friends with them. I remember always playing on a CoD2 clan server where they promoted good sportsmanship and respect. Also the customization of servers is awesome. Don't like OMA Noobtubes, you'll probably find a server where they can get rid of it.

For consoles, I have the option to play with lots of my friends since they prefer consoles over PC. It's always fun with late nights playing with these people, but you suffer from things you don't like in the game. In MW2's case, you're forced to deal with OMA Noobtubes.

<3 robbyx4595 for sex banner
Add me on XBL if you wish, just leave SH name in message.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrLeeChang16
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can customize your own character, I will literally go over to the Treyarch office building place and give all there employees like 500$ each.

But, yea, this "2.0" sounds pretty....advanced...lol.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
anonymous_97  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 2 of 31

Jump to: