ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Jordan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bushido72  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played through the practice mode on expert, and I must say -

WHAT THE HELL IS RED OCTANE THINKING???

This is where I stop playing the game for a while...

Congrats to all of you who somehow managed to beat it....
Bouncer128  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Ugh, my aching arms.... Reply with quote

I just tried to pass Jordan again. And again, I fail. I tried to half-ass my way through it as usual(Grab as much SP as I can in the beginning and then just go as long as I can and let my SP ride me through the really tough solo's), but that didn't work. I guess I am gonna need to try and get better at the solos, which I'm not really prepared to do.

This is the only song I can't pass, I get to about 60% and then my arms and brain go numb. I've seen a video of the guy playing this song and a real guitar, and it's pretty sexy, but jesus.... In my opinion, this is by far the hardest song in the game. I'd rather play Six with my eyes closed three times before I play this song once.

Why god have you cursed us with this song!?!?!?
bushido72  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Ugh, my aching arms.... Reply with quote

Bouncer128 wrote:
I just tried to pass Jordan again. And again, I fail. I tried to half-ass my way through it as usual(Grab as much SP as I can in the beginning and then just go as long as I can and let my SP ride me through the really tough solo's), but that didn't work. I guess I am gonna need to try and get better at the solos, which I'm not really prepared to do.

This is the only song I can't pass, I get to about 60% and then my arms and brain go numb. I've seen a video of the guy playing this song and a real guitar, and it's pretty sexy, but jesus.... In my opinion, this is by far the hardest song in the game. I'd rather play Six with my eyes closed three times before I play this song once.

Why god have you cursed us with this song!?!?!?

I agree
Bucket  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP I DID IT!

I was SOOO close of failling it after those first soloes, then came the slow part.

I'm so happy right now, haha.

Edit: Holy crap, in the exitement, I tripped on my ps2 cabble before it could save. But I made a run on the song right after and, oddly, got a better score. I'm really lucky.
Bouncer128  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: My life is complete Reply with quote

As of 9:01 P.M. on November 16, 2006, I can officially say that I have passed all the songs on GH2. My goal is now complete. Now, don't get me wrong, I am in no way bragging in the least(I think my score, percentage of notes hit, and stars speaks for itself.....yes, if you want the answer now, BAD). But should anyone want any tips, hear our my few.

Now I'm sure others have suggested this before, or at least something like it, but practice Guitar Solo's A and B(and possibly C) until you are at least hitting 70-80% of the notes consistently. Then go into the real thing, grab a full bar of SP in the beginning parts of the song, and just do your best on those two first guitar solo's. You should be able to get through them fairly well, and with your full bar of SP, should you ever get in trouble, let it rip, and the SP will ride you to Guitar Solo's D, E, and F(maybe even through D). Now this is just my strategy, which basically consisted of GETTING THROUGH THE SONG and not caring what my score and all that crap was.

So if you just want to get through it like I did, you could try what I did out. Otherwise, practice, practice, practice my friends. Because practice in this game makes perfect.

Rock on Guitar Hero's.....Rock on.....
Ignignokt  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solos A-C are teh suck.
Bouncer128  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on Hammers/Pull-Offs Reply with quote

It may just be me and my lack of hammer-on and pull-off skill with tough songs(Ahem...Jordan), but using hammer's/pull's on the solo's doesn't seem like the wisest choice, and I will tell you why.

1. Remebering and even just seeing which notes you need to strum to begin a good hammer/pull line seems to me like it could be extremely difficult. Almost to the point where it is even worth the risk.

2. Should you get your hammer and pull line started, if you mess up, then it stops and the notes keep going past you. Since you aren't strumming either, all the notes are just being wasted and your rock meter is dropping like a rock with an anvil tied to it. Plus, in the midst of all that, when you start strumming again, you could be all disorientated because you are in the middle of a solo.

Those are my two perspectives on why hammers/pulls could be more detrimental than beneficial. But, as I stated above, that could be just my lack of skill in that area with really difficult and fast solos.

Any thoughts?
websurfertai  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can pass this song about 75% of the time now, but it's the last solo that gets me, the one with all HOs, my fingers just don't move that fast.

I was so close to a 5 star too, I think my highest score is 246k or something.
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I passed and 5*'d Jordan tonight. And I got a video of a 277K run!!!!

Boosted me up to 5th place on expert.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quackadilly wrote:
WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I passed and 5*'d Jordan tonight. And I got a video of a 277K run!!!!

Boosted me up to 5th place on expert.

WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ddrussianinja
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I even jacked up the Blue Hold of Freedom on that run.

Could have been awesome

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignignokt wrote:
Solos A-C are teh suck.

You're obviously not doing it as hard as you can.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
Suitata  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trofl wrote:
Ignignokt wrote:
Solos A-C are teh suck.

You're obviously not doing it as hard as you can.

Haha, it took me a few seconds to get that.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gunna bet that I will 5 star this the first time I ever pass it just because I can do everything BUT the solo right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Rockoutdave  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vision has been scrolling for half an hour thanks to this song.

Jordan + Large Starbucks coffee = Hurl.

I thought I was good for a bit.....the song knocked me down a peg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero II (PS2) -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: