Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AskewedOne  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genga wrote:
CrackerRiley wrote:
well, the US Czech game sucked

the Czechs are the second best team in the world as said by FIFA World Rankings

Be that as it may, I'm not so certain the US should've held the 5th rank in said standings, I just don't get the FIFA ranking system..
Genga  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it goes by points, and passed and how many burgers your team sells in a week

its a pain
AskewedOne  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genga wrote:
it goes by points, and passed and how many burgers your team sells in a week

its a pain

I always knew food sales had to be figured in there somewhere, explains a lot, really...
Genga  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Rankings

all there mate
Genga  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-0 to England

you know its all good

was Glad with that result

England are through to the knockout stages
Genga  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the multiple posting, am i the only one interested now?

USA 1, Italy 1: I missed the game and I havent seen any highlights yet, but I feel it was a good game, congrats to the Americans there scoring a point against the Italians
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the game either, but I heard USA got 2 red cards early on and were playing with 9 players.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw *some* of the game, but it was across a Chili's, so I didn't actually get much in the way of enjoyment or actual information from what I was seeing. All I know is we tied, but I don't know what that's going to do with the total standings taking the Ghana win.
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Holland is third on the FIFA Rankings but our team sucks this time around, we've won our 2 matches so far but Argentina is going to own us so badly!
Genga  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, this World Cup seems to be going different. Japan arent doing as well as I expected (i missed their second match due to working ) and for Brazil to draw with Australia?

Bumf00d, it seems you have nothing to worry about, if Argentina get the win over you, youre still going through as the Ivory Coast or Serbia-Montenegro have no chance of getting 6 points in 1 match ;)

EDIT: sorry I thought the Brazil game had finished, it turns out they won 2-0 :P
Chime  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genga> What do you think about the upcoming match against Sweden? Both England and Sweden are teams that haven't convinced their fans yet. I think it's going to be a close game. I hope we get to see some early goals since the last few games we've only seen a few in the last minutes. Personally I think that Sweden will win by 2-1. Ljungberg, Källström and Crouch will score in that order.
AskewedOne  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AskewedOne wrote:
I saw *some* of the game, but it was across a Chili's, so I didn't actually get much in the way of enjoyment or actual information from what I was seeing. All I know is we tied, but I don't know what that's going to do with the total standings taking the Ghana win.

Okay, after going through the standings, it looks like the US needs an outright win coupled with a win by the Itallians... Or, the less likely scenario, win by 3 with Italy and the Czech Repbulic winding up with a draw. So, I guess, go Italy?
Genga  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chime wrote:
Genga> What do you think about the upcoming match against Sweden? Both England and Sweden are teams that haven't convinced their fans yet. I think it's going to be a close game. I hope we get to see some early goals since the last few games we've only seen a few in the last minutes. Personally I think that Sweden will win by 2-1. Ljungberg, Källström and Crouch will score in that order.

Good question. I dont know what to expect really. Im guessing England will take it easy as they are guaranteed to go through, but hopefully still put up a fight. If England play like they did against Paraguay, then you'll be walking over us. And dont forget we have our "secret weapon" *groan*, Rooney starting with us. But im expecting a great show by both sides. If England win, you just gotta hope its 1-0, and Trinidad & Tobago lose or win 1-0, else theres trouble ;)

Im guessing if you come second, youre stuck playing Ecuador in the next round and were with Ecuador, unless you win, its the other way round.

But yeah, Roll on tomorrow
Chime  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweden - England 2-2

Tight game. Once again it's proven that England has a hard time with Sweden. England hasn't won a single game in the last 38 years (12 games) against Sweden. I hope we get to meet each other again later on in the tournament. Allthough I think Ecuador and Germany will be tough opponents for both teams.
Genga  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I thought it would be good to finally snatch a win against you Swedes :P

I feel bad for you guys now having to face Germany in the next round, not the fact its a "home advantage" but they are quite the strong team. I wouldnt prefer to meet Germany until further in the next round

but hey, were both through, its something to feel great about
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: