ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bad habit or not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenpinata23  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoky is right (Phenom losing TONS of whammy XD)

This is my whammying technique (normal facing whammy bar, NOT REVERSE): For some odd reason, my hand likes to strum with the left tip of the strum bar. Most of the time I keep my right hand on the strum bar, but when I know a sustain with star power is coming up, my hand changes position. My middle finger is positioned above the tip of the whammy bar and my index finger is positioned at the bottom tip so I'm *technically* holding it. When the sustain is next, I early strum it and whammy (this is ALSO important to GH3 even though there isn't early whammy, but just so you don't lose any). My hands then return back to normal position. I hope this whammying technique will be helpful to you ^-^
oddballzfrank  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its probably easiest to put your four fingers flat over the whammy bar and strum with your thumb, and on short sustains, strum and quickly whammy with your fingers =]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Odd Ball Frank
vosnos  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I use the standard whammying method where I strum with just the thumb and use my middle, ring, and pinky fingers to whammy. My pointer finger just kinda hangs around between the whammy and strum bars.

But my real question is this. Ever since I've seen it, I've wondered how PhenomMan whammys. Like physically, how is it possible? I've tried to figure it out myself but it seems physically impossible. With the whammy bar pointed towards the bottom of the guitar I can't get it to move one way or another with the palm of my hand. I think I've seen a few JLC videos where he uses this method to perfection. Could someone explain how it's done?

VISIT MY ACC. THREAD! | MY BANNERS | I LIKE SHOES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: