ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Guitar Hero 5 Thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 208, 209, 210  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e24412  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a note about achievements - their descriptions change when you get them. when you don't have the achievement, it will say what you actually have to do to get it (i.e. for 'senior commander' it will say 'Earn 5 or more Stars on a song in Career or Quickplay'). but after you get it, the description will change to something generic (i.e. 'senior commander's description changes to just 'Did quite well') and you can never view what the original description was again.

now, this introduces a problem with secret achievements. when you don't have it, all it says is "this is a secret achievement". then you do something (most of the time not even sure what) and it unlocks and has a vague description. i unlocked the secret 'starstruck' achievement at some point (no clue what i did to get it) and the description just says 'had a brush with celebrity'. i tried looking them up online. there's one called 'open minded' and its only description is 'gave every one a chance' - how the hell are we supposed to figure out what that means
dark2elite  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i'm not a fan of the achievement system, it's cool to have that generic title. But I want to know what I did to get it..
Twall  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any Children of bodom expert+ charts up?

Sesing  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulRobinson wrote:
Just wanted to clear up the PFO questions from a couple of pages back.

1. Players will be matched only at their own difficulty. If after 30 seconds nobody is found, you will be given the option to match against other difficulties or continue searching at your difficulty.
2. If you do play against another difficulty, the lower difficulties will be handicapped by having a lower overall base score. This means that if 2 people play at different difficulties and FC the song, the higher difficulty will always win. Previously, that scenario would have resulted in a tie.

Paul

So I can choose Yes or No if I want to play against lower or highter Difficulty Players, did I understood that right?
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twall wrote:
Is there any Children of bodom expert+ charts up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IHfvU2I_Y8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o53vO5qZvN0

0___________________________0

good luck
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scatterbrain looked pretty simple on a 4-lane chart. So did Brianstorm.

Now...Holy fuck. King Crimson will be SO HARD.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e24412 wrote:
now, this introduces a problem with secret achievements. when you don't have it, all it says is "this is a secret achievement". then you do something (most of the time not even sure what) and it unlocks and has a vague description. i unlocked the secret 'starstruck' achievement at some point (no clue what i did to get it) and the description just says 'had a brush with celebrity'. i tried looking them up online. there's one called 'open minded' and its only description is 'gave every one a chance' - how the hell are we supposed to figure out what that means

I haven't played the game, but I looked up the secret achievements online and they don't seem too complicated for the most part.

Starstruck
"Had a brush with celebrity"
Obviously for unlocking a celebrity character (Cobain, Cash, etc.)

Open Minded
"Gave every one a chance"
You tried all of something. The icon is a musical note and a CD, so I'd guess it's for playing every song at least once.

The Traditional
"Beat the game"
A complete mystery. Who knows.

Over 9000!
"Went super"
According to the icon, 9000 refers to 9000 points. It's only worth 5G, so it's something easy like "got 9000 points". Maybe 9000 points in one star power activation.

Did You Finish Like We Did?
"Came alive"
Icon says 95% with a flatlining heart monitor. First guess is "failed at the end of the song", but the description doesn't fit. Maybe if you fail out near the end but the band finishes the song anyway? Or if you're saved near the end? I don't know how saving people works in this game, heh!

Edit: should I black out the names or something? Is anyone bothered by that?
JCM08  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brehonia wrote:

I haven't played the game, but I looked up the secret achievements online and they don't seem too complicated for the most part.

Starstruck
"Had a brush with celebrity"

Obviously for unlocking a celebrity character (Cobain, Cash, etc.)

Open Minded
"Gave every one a chance"

The Traditional
"Beat the game"

Over 9000!
"Went super"

Did You Finish Like We Did?
"Came alive"

Edit: should I black out the names or something? Is anyone bothered by that?

I got the game a few days early (Well, a few weeks earlier than the average UKer)

You're right about starstruck.

I too have no clue what I did to get open-minded.

The Traditional is unlocked when you play the last song before the credits song, when I did the career on guitar/bass it was Spirit of the Radio (Live) The achievement popped after I played that. You then unlock some sort of holographic dome where you play 21st century Schizoid Man.

Over 9000! is unlocked when you either fill out the rock meter (all the way in green) or fill out starpower.

Did you finish like we did? finish the song with the rock meter all the way in green..

/dunnololguy. the descriptions are vague and I got alot in one day. Jut trying to recall what I can.

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCM08 wrote:
I got the game a few days early (Well, a few weeks earlier than the average UKer)

Just a quick question (considering we both run on PAL TVs), does your copy have a NTSC coding or a PAL coding on the cover of the game? Just curious before I import to get the game 2 weeks before Australian release (and because I'm in the middle of nowhere :P).

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Cjmainy  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add on to Cyberwaste's question, WHERE did you obtain a copy? 11th september is too long of a wait now lol.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Cjmainy  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£51? I don't have that money.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
JCM08  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay, for around £50 (first class delivery from London).

To answer Cyberwaste's question, GH5 is region free and should run on any TV sytem/coding. My copy has NTSC coding. I play on a HDTV 1080i/p if that matters.

EDIT: LOLSLOWREPLY
EDIT 2: For those interested (Not sure if this has been mentioned before as I'm not going through all the pages in this thread to see) it costs 280MSP to export GH:WT, it's free for DLC.

Last edited by JCM08 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Prez O Dent
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 208, 209, 210  Next
Page 176 of 210

Jump to: