ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Final Fantasy XII!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why buy strategy guides when you have the internet Mr. Green ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm used to just coasting through the beginning of the FF games, but not so on this one. I've already been wiped a few times (most by one particular boss, but once on my own stupidity - attacked a neutral Lv. 34 Wild Saurian - the green T-Rex looking thing ).

If you play active mode, you'd better be sure you know what you're doing with Gambits.
Riz  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have died several times, a couple due to stupidity, a couple due to biting off a bit more than I could chew (although not quite as bad as a level 34 Saurian), and at the end of the night, getting just totally and utterly pwned by a boss battle. Had breezed through to it, mostly, wasn't totally prepared for it, but was in mostly good shape, really, I think, and just... uttlerly pwned. That'll be my first task for tonite... try and figure out what I'm doing wrong there.

Riz.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also...take heed to the messages you sometimes get at Save points saying you won't be able to leave easily, and save a second file. I nearly got stuck in a certain area because my characters were underleveled and underequipped, and I ran out of loot to sell (because I wasn't fighting monsters).
Riz  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. No worries there. I'm about 11 hours in, and have 27 save files. I bought 2 new cards, just for FFXII, and at 50 saves per card, I can tell you right now, they aren't going to be enough.

Riz.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riz wrote:
LOL. No worries there. I'm about 11 hours in, and have 27 save files. I bought 2 new cards, just for FFXII, and at 50 saves per card, I can tell you right now, they aren't going to be enough.

Riz.

Why so many?

Riz  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I'm a save whore. I rarely overwrite a save file unless absolutely nothing of significance has happened since it. It's saved my ass many times, including tonite, when I decided I wanted to take a couple steps back in the story line and keep exploring and leveling before moving on... I just backed up 3 save files and started from there.

Riz.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riz wrote:
Because I'm a save whore. I rarely overwrite a save file unless absolutely nothing of significance has happened since it. It's saved my ass many times, including tonite, when I decided I wanted to take a couple steps back in the story line and keep exploring and leveling before moving on... I just backed up 3 save files and started from there.

Riz.

Hah, I'm a total save whore as well, I just save onto the same file. I save every single time I'm even remotely near a save point, really.

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:
Hah, I'm a total save whore as well, I just save onto the same file. I save every single time I'm even remotely near a save point, really.

Yeah, dude, I'm seriously paranoid when it comes to that. I'm afraid that I'll die and have to do ANY part of the game over again, so I save constantly. It was awful in the Lunar games for PSX when you could save anywhere. I probably saved about every 10 seconds.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
eman2101  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just beat the first boss, I'm enjoying this game quite a lot.

As for save whroing, on my RPGs I usually have about 5 saves that I'll alternate around. I figure by the time I get around to overwriting the first save I probably won't feel compelled to have to restart from that point.
Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can I anticipate enjoying the hell out of this game? I just got it in the mail today, but didn't have time to start it while I was on lunch break. Once my son goes to bed I'll start it up. Hoping to get at least 3 or 4 hours in tonight.
Jaksiel  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Every time another Target that I checked wasn't selling GH2 yet, they had FFXII and I was tempted to pick it up, but I told myself I have a limited budget and what I have is going towards GH2. But now you guys are tempting me to overspend my budget...
bcruise  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized something that's going to be a big help when it comes to the inevitable level-grinding - EXP from defeated monsters is divided between the characters in the active party, and the number that appears is what each character earned. That may not seem like much, but this game is unique (at least to the FF brand) in that you can have as low as 1 character in the active party at a time. That means that lone character will get all the experience from a battle, and (as long as that solo character can hack it) probably level up much quicker. No real worries of getting overwhelmed either - when the lone character falls, you can still bring in the others to finsh off the battle - the game doesn't end until every one of your characters - even those in the reserves - die.

There's other reasons to fly solo sometimes too - It's a great way to test attack gambits in a closed environment, and.....it's just fun.
Kachie  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fex Ex is awesome, I got the game at 10:45 last friday night, brought to my door by this really sweet old japanese guy.

Loving the game so far, besides being georgeous, the story is just, wow. I`ve tried playing some random rpgs while i`ve been here, haven`t been able to get into them. . and then I try this one and am once again reminded on how great FF games are.

LOVE hunting. Anyone beat those cockatrice? birdies with their huge momma? Bah, really don`t like them. Definitely took time to get used to the new battle system. It`s ok now, but I really miss seeing my guys hopping up and down in anticipation.

Only downside so far has been the music. . there`s just something a little off that makes it not as good as the previous games.

"I'm a loner dottie, a rebel, you don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. . . "

Riz  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kachie wrote:
LOVE hunting. Anyone beat those cockatrice? birdies with their huge momma? Bah, really don`t like them.

Cluckatrice and her chicks are both elite marks and they're no picnic. I tried her the first time with a party of 11s, and she smoked me bad. Came back later with a party of 15s, and taking her down was an incredibly difficult chore even then. You will definitely need the best gear and magic you can get your hands on, and you'll need to really plan how you're going to do it. As a tip, it might be beneficial to explore elsewhere within the Eastersands and pay attention to... uhm.. similar monsters. PM me if you want more of a hint than that.

Rocktoise... now that's another matter entirely... ugh.

Riz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: