ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Official 'Opinions on note tracks' thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliff  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WGalczak wrote:
The Way It Ends is just.... ridiculous. I can't express it. It just pulls out all the stops with the gyo's and pure craziness.

The Way It Ends

Difficulty: I'm going to guess... 8? lol I haven't passd it yet and I've passed most of tier 8,

Opinions: Crazy ass tremolo/triplenote chord transitions, crazy.

I second this, but kick that difficulty up to 11. At least you can play the

as

mct  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: All of them

Difficulty: 390124wqrjh

Opinion: OK, but when maybe at a fast strum part or something, if I miss it completely or something, it disappears right away and I can't tell which ones I'm missing to be able to get back on tempo. And what's with every song being incredibly simple until Tier 7, and why wasn't Cities on Flames in regular career, and why can I completely miss a HO/PO and still hit it, and why can I be off rhythm and still hit notes in a rhythm game.

Love online though.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: little jerry12
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoever charted medium I love you
this is finally fun!
--Rob  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through the Fire and Flames
Difficulty: Expert
Opinion:

I'm extremely thrilled and disappointed at the same time. Like, when I play this song... I just can't stop. It's so mind-grabbing. Nothing else around you exists.

But at the same time, it only took me 7 tries to pass it. All 6 previous tries had me failing at 1%.

Once I passed the intro, I beat the entire song without the use of star power. I only left the green -once-, and I got it back into the green like .02 seconds later. I did this three more times,(these times never leaving the green) and then my hand pretty much said 'Fuck you, I'm done for the day'.

I was hoping this would be another Jordan. (Where I get to do nothing but play this song for a month in order to barely pass it.)

>_> -Shrug-
Loder  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I found gh3 easier than gh2. I 5 starred every career song on expert in one day, not to mention that I 5 starred all but two (before I forget and raining blood) on my first try. I bet through the fire and flames multiple times, and can constantly beat it, and actually find that I would fail jordan more often than I would fail through the fire and the flames. Despite the insanity of through the fire and flames, it's "streakable" for the most part. I find that jordan, during the solo, is impossible to keep a streak in.

Basically, I think gh3 is a little more lenient than gh2 in terms of note timing.. so that makes it easier to hit insane solos and tricky sections.

I'd might as well throw in a song review too..

Song: Cliffs of dover

Difficulty: 6/10

Opinion: I gave it a rather low 6 because It's filled with hammer ons and pulloffs, and I find them relatively easy to hit. Overall, I love the song.. one of my favorites in the game.

Anyway, just a few of my thoughts about the game so far.. and I think quite a few of you will agree with me.
RGValdearg  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raining Blood

Expert: 8/10

This song was so frustrating for me, I failed it about 10 times before finally getting past those freakin Decending Notes!

Guitar Battle Vs. LOU

Not to spoil the song for anyone who hasn't gotten there, but YES! FREAKIN YES! I haven't beaten him yet, cuse he always gets the first attack, but FREAKIN A, I could play that song ALL day long.[/code]
LUIGI074  

Location: I'm everywhere. That's what happens when you're a geek XD.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post may be a bit long. I'll edit mine with my little opinions:

Song: Even Flow

Difficulty: 3/10 (Expert)

Opinions: Seems a bit easy, though I think it's one of those tricky-at-first-but-easy-when-you-get-the-hang-of-it type of songs. I might go for FC on this one and it probably would be a bit easy.

---

Song: Through The Fire And Flames

Difficulty: 11/10 :P (Expert)

Opinions: Insanely hard. Who knew? XD I played this one during the credits, and the intro is difficult, but I'm able to hold a small combo without tapping. Solo, no wait, EVERYTHING about this song is hard, but accurate. There were some things that were added that people who played the custom of this song weren't expecting. I actually surprised myself by maintaining some combos throughout the song. Considering this the next Jordan :P.

---

Song: Devil Went Down To Georgia

Difficulty: 10/10 (Expert)

Opinions: Very hard battle, and this should've been able to be practiced. Nice note chart, but I hate the fact that there are strums in the middle of a scale. I don't really find those necessary. The song is already hard as is.

---

Song: One

Difficulty: 9/10 (Expert)

Opinions: I like the note chart on this one. I'm a bit surprised that the solo is as fast as the GH2 custom note chart. I don't see anyone getting an FC on this one for a while, if ever. As for the Hard note chart, I hate it. The Fast Solo on Hard is the same as the one on Expert, and I really suggest that a trill should've been put there and not that 12 note/second full solo on Hard.

---

Will add more later.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Take This Life

Difficulty:Expert 5/10

Opinions: Honestly one of my favorite charts out of any GH game.....I guess I'm speaking too soon as I'm only in the 5th tier (I'm savoring the awesomeness of GH3), whoever charted that i would shake your hand very nicely done just like all the others.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the whole game but fav song comes between when you were young, one, number of the beast

Last edited by zents on Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Wii Friend Code: 7706005539304577
Malum  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through the Fire and Flames

Expert

I give this song a lot of credit. The intro very accurately portrays what is really happening. I've tried to play it on an acoustic, and it's just as hard as the intro on the game.
However, I am sure that if I ever make it out of the solos, I can beat the song. The solos are just like they are in real life: Impossible to completely master, but you can get close enough. Just like I don't believe anyone will ever FC it, I don't think anyone else could exactly copy what Herman Li does on the album. It's just too insane. You couldn't have asked for a better song, so epic. Unless, of course, you asked Buckethead to write a song specifically for the game, then you're in trouble...
fudgeface44  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: The Way It Ends

Opinion: Freakin' awesome! This song killed my strumming arm, but I managed to get five stars on it in a few tries. Never has there been a song in GH like this one. Cool chord patterns, and the way the alt strummed note makes up the middle note of the chord... Got the of best me, but only for a little. The song is really good, fun to play, and extremely difficult. Summary: The Way It Ends just plain roxorz.
yivkX360  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: k Reply with quote

Song: Lou boss battle

Opinion: This could have been amazing, but its too dependent on luck of powerups that it is a frustrating and time consuming end to an awesome game.
Graf  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M002 wrote:
Well, I think its an awesome game
and other than the drummer moving like a robot, and sensitive star power phrases, the only complaint of mine is the bad servers going around on 360 Live right now, and my game Freezes a lot
a lot of my friends also have games freezing
other than that, i love the way my les paul looks, i put my Gh3 logo on fire, and its sick!
great game and good job RO and Neversoft and Activision

My game froze as well, but only twice after a full 12 or so hours of playing.

It wasn't a big deal, I jusat restarted and kept going. It only seemed to freeze during Loading screens ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
M002 wrote:
Well, I think its an awesome game
and other than the drummer moving like a robot, and sensitive star power phrases, the only complaint of mine is the bad servers going around on 360 Live right now, and my game Freezes a lot
a lot of my friends also have games freezing
other than that, i love the way my les paul looks, i put my Gh3 logo on fire, and its sick!
great game and good job RO and Neversoft and Activision

My game froze as well, but only twice after a full 12 or so hours of playing.

It wasn't a big deal, I jusat restarted and kept going. It only seemed to freeze during Loading screens ...

This happened to me too the first night.. playing for about 4 hours. It froze up twice on the "location" screens ... I was very nervous because it's a brand new xbox 360 and all the horror stories and all... but then I turned it off and played a lot today (not all day solid, turned it off and back on several times) and it never did it again... so I guess it's all good.
tommyp484  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffs of dover

expert...

fun, sounds great, i may try to learn this on real guitar. hehe

edittt: they need to make the devil went down to georgia a song you can play, (w/o batteling lou)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 3 of 35

Jump to: