ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New Online Update is Out for PS3(not europe) & 360
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastercrazy10  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they release(IMO) a few good things and a few things i could live without, and they STILL DON'T ADD THE CAPABILITY TO INVITE A FRIEND TO A MATCH!!!!

That's been my biggest complaint for GHIII online next to not being able to even JOIN a game. Why wouldn't this be fixed? Come on Neversoft, stop jipping the PS3 owners, and the Wii and PS2 owners for that matter.

-CC10

SSCoasters.net - the biggest K'Nex roller coaster website on the planet
KnexForum.com - the best forum for everything else K'Nex
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an update when I connected a couple of days ago, any idea what that might've been? This was in addition to the one that I got the day it was released over here.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
MasterAce  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
* Improve Online Quick Match results and reduce "Failed to Connect to Server" messages.

* Enable the Hyperspeed cheat to work in online games.

* Include various stability improvements and fixes.

Well, that's good to hear.

Hyperspeed online probably won't be as great as some of you are making it seem...have you ever played a boss battle with anything above Hyperspeed 1? It'll be the exact same thing online (it's very disorienting because of the smaller fretboard).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
DanSamp  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GallantPugly wrote:
DanSamp wrote:
Hopefully this fixes only co-op... you know the glitch where if there are two star powers at the same time (one for you and one for your partner) it only counts as one...

I'm not entirely sure it's a glitch but I think(hope) it is. A way this can be dodged (from one test) is if one partner hits the last SP note early/on time while the other hits it late. Hopefully this update fixes this, if it is, in fact, a glitch.

I'm 100% sure it's a glitch.

If you play locally on your console and both you and your partners get a star power at the same time, you will have half a bar and be able to activate.

Online it will only count it as one star power. You can go test it on almost any song, One has a couple right away though.

Another glitch occurs during fast strumming sections. Once you miss one note it seems like the multiplier will take forever to go up. It'll keep bouncing between 1 and 2x, then 2x and 3x, then 3x and 4x, then finally stay at 4x. Some good songs to watch this happen are TTFaF and One.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty solid update, a co-op career online capability would win my heart, though.
Str0kN  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanSamp wrote:
GallantPugly wrote:
DanSamp wrote:
Hopefully this fixes only co-op... you know the glitch where if there are two star powers at the same time (one for you and one for your partner) it only counts as one...

I'm not entirely sure it's a glitch but I think(hope) it is. A way this can be dodged (from one test) is if one partner hits the last SP note early/on time while the other hits it late. Hopefully this update fixes this, if it is, in fact, a glitch.

I'm 100% sure it's a glitch.

If you play locally on your console and both you and your partners get a star power at the same time, you will have half a bar and be able to activate.

Online it will only count it as one star power. You can go test it on almost any song, One has a couple right away though.

Another glitch occurs during fast strumming sections. Once you miss one note it seems like the multiplier will take forever to go up. It'll keep bouncing between 1 and 2x, then 2x and 3x, then 3x and 4x, then finally stay at 4x. Some good songs to watch this happen are TTFaF and One.

I can agree here, me and my friend have trouble with both of these glitches all the time, and its gets real annoying.
DanSamp  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everybody does.

The original post mentions something about stability fixes so that could be referring to the multiplier in online co-op. Who knows...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coastercrazy10 wrote:
So they release(IMO) a few good things and a few things i could live without, and they STILL DON'T ADD THE CAPABILITY TO INVITE A FRIEND TO A MATCH!!!!

That's been my biggest complaint for GHIII online next to not being able to even JOIN a game. Why wouldn't this be fixed? Come on Neversoft, stop jipping the PS3 owners, and the Wii and PS2 owners for that matter.

-CC10

1. Create Match.
2. Player Match.
3. Private
4. \
5. -|> These are your gametype options, choose whatever you want.
6. /
7. (should be at the character select screen) open your friends list and "invite to game" someone.

EDIT: oh shit your talking about the ps3. my bad.
KurtCobain  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very helpful. I can't wait to actually get the 2000 note streak achievement with HS now. I can't do it with none.
loco2k  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..................wow.....3rd page

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41307&start=0
lazor  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't care that much f Wii owners don't get DLC. I want an update, but when Wii customs starts I'll be doing that. Not to say that I wouldn't mind some DLC(at least boss pack). If they don't release Boss pack, I'll have to learn how to make charts and do it from a video or something.
Anihil8r  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterAce wrote:
Quote:
* Improve Online Quick Match results and reduce "Failed to Connect to Server" messages.

* Enable the Hyperspeed cheat to work in online games.

* Include various stability improvements and fixes.

Well, that's good to hear.

Hyperspeed online probably won't be as great as some of you are making it seem...have you ever played a boss battle with anything above Hyperspeed 1? It'll be the exact same thing online (it's very disorienting because of the smaller fretboard).

Exactly. It's the same for any 2P mode game. Even Hyper Speed level 1 is still too fast for me to be of any real assistance (on expert), unless they make the fret board bigger in multiplayer like it should be.
Jerkinator  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one not excited about hyperspeed being available online? I hate using hyperspeed (although I'm definitely a lot better with it), but I guess now to even have a chance online I'll have to use it.
Gotsmack  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does a news thread like this always get turned into a war vs RO/Neversoft?

Its pretty obvious they are working on getting all the systems equal attention, the PS3 and Wii are obviously taking more of an effort. I seriously doubt its their fault for the delay.

As for the next patch - I would like to see something added that will distinguish a Career Newspaper Screen from a Quickplay one. Something simple that shows the word 'Career' or 'Quickplay' in the corner would make me happy. That way we can tell if there is a possibility of cheats (easy expert) being used to get high scores.
GallantPugly  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotsmack wrote:
As for the next patch - I would like to see something added that will distinguish a Career Newspaper Screen from a Quickplay one. Something simple that shows the word 'Career' or 'Quickplay' in the corner would make me happy. That way we can tell if there is a possibility of cheats (easy expert) being used to get high scores.

In a career newspaper screen you have the option to 'Replay Song'. That option is not available in Quick Play newspapers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: