ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Teenage music tastes.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NineInchNails  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zYgote wrote:

LOL SMALL TEXT IS SOOOOO HILARIOUS!!11

There I flexed my sarcasm muscle too. Anyways, when I personally said abysmal, I meant it in the sense that 13-16(yes, generalizing please don't take offense) year old's music tastes normally aren't very refined and they're just starting to branch out and listen to other types of music. So basically, they don't have a clue at what all is out there.

Also I don't fit your stereotype(lolucwutididther?) either as I haven't been 17-19 for a long time.

You silly bear, the normal sized text was the funny part. Sheesh, and I have a sarcasm tank, not a sarcasm muscle.
Don't worry, I won't take offense either, that would be stupid. And (oh shit, i'm starting a sentence with "and", I need shooting because i'm too lazy to reword it correctly) I wasn't stereotyping, with the whole 17-19 year old thing, I was just pointing out that there will be at least one person to do that in this thread.

The whole branching out thing is what happened to me at that age... well, when I was 11 or so. So why would someone "hate" the fact that younger people listen to the more accessible music (and by that i mean music that's played on music stations and radio a lot) and are starting to branch out. I mean, i'm almost 20 and i've branched a hell of a long way in various directions, and i'm sure that other people my age have branched out equally as far and into different areas because that's what floats their boat. So yeah, calling mine and theirs and every other teens taste shite is verrrrrr verrrrrr silly indeed.
zYgote  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NineInchNails wrote:

You silly bear

I don't think you understood my post correctly, but instead of arguing let's talk about bears. I love bears. Which is your favorite type?

The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
NineInchNails  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zYgote wrote:
NineInchNails wrote:

You silly bear

I don't think you understood my post correctly, but instead of arguing let's talk about bears. I love bears. Which is your favorite type?

I was never arguing in the first place, I was discussing :p So please, do rephrase so i'm not mislead.

(I'm not taking the piss)
BenniWells  

Location: Lincoln, UK ~ Where farming epidemics always hit the front page

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the 50's when your grandparent's were listening to soul, crooners and rock 'n roll, do you seriously think they accepted glam metal and heavy metal? It's just conflicting tastes from one generation to another, and it pisses me off so much whenever people brand the so-called decline in music all down to teenagers.

My Wiki: Open for anybody to edit, go ahead and write anything!
......................\/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 150443735976
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend's so stupid. He listens to modern crap and thinks my music is just 30 minutes of guitar solos. He says it's harder to play 3 simple chords on guitar like his music than fast solos. He says solos are just random notes and anybody at school could play them. That's stupid because you have to know a scale, be fast, be precise. Someone wouldn't know the right technique to play the solo. If they tried to play a buckethead solo, they wouldn't know how to nub so would be playing it wrong. He said his music is real talent that only 2 people can play. My guitar class had over 40 people. Most of the people in the class played simple chords and only 2 could play fast solos. I should know if solos take talent, I've been playing reeltar for 5 years and can play chords and solos. The solos were way harder to learn. He's been playing guitar for like a year. I know theory and understand how the solos are musical. "Modern rock" takes no skill. All of the singers sound the same. Buckethead plays like 14 notes a second and his music is musical and takes skill. Modern music sucks. I'm more talented than all of the guitarists and I'm half their age.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I listen to the radio, all the "hard rock" and "nu-rock" they play SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME.

Ugh. I mainly listen to progressive stuff (Dream Theater, Symphony X, BTBAM, Porcupine Tree, Coheed & Cambria, Rush, etc.) But I also listen to some techno/trance/house, ska, and some more traditional rock and metal.

Most people go WTF when they see my music on my mp3 player, but some people have similar tastes. The person I know with probably the most diverse, best music taste is pretty cool. And gay. He likes a lot of really hardcore stuff, though. The heaviest band I listen to is probably Opeth.
ShadowDude27  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, being a teenager (specifically 14) actually like metal, hard rock etc. and I think that the only reason people call it "just noise" is because in today's modern age, people pay most attention to lyrics. Let's look at Raining Blood as an example, I don't think the lyrics make any sense, but I do like the rhythm, and the beat it has. Most people say they don't like this song because they can't make out the lyrics. Just a theory.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowDude27 wrote:
I, being a teenager (specifically 14) actually like metal, hard rock etc. and I think that the only reason people call it "just noise" is because in today's modern age, people pay most attention to lyrics. Let's look at Raining Blood as an example, I don't think the lyrics make any sense, but I do like the rhythm, and the beat it has. Most people say they don't like this song because they can't make out the lyrics. Just a theory.

I'd have to say that it would be the other way around.. If they actually cared about the lyrics then they could make a better judgment. Kids bite on hooks.
Raining Blood (3.4)
Cliffs of Dover (4.0)
One (4.7)

Trent is the man.
http://www.rockband.com/blog/entry/276614
Simpsonfreak17  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not one of my friend listen to Rap!

One of my friend is a fan of Ozzy Osbourne and my other friend is a hardcore fan of Kiss.

What I hate is EVERYONE that sits besides me at school all listen to dragonforce... I'm not saying that they sucks but when you hear the music like a thousand time, it's getting quit annoying.

Graciously documenting our future retards
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: simpsonfreak17
MasterAce  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I was pretty much expecting the "teenagers listen to shitty music and metal sucks and rap sucks" and "I listen to awesome music, like (insert obscure metal bands here)" jargon that's in every music-related topic on Scorehero.

*sigh*

I really need to stop coming into these topics. They're all the same and they're all equally obnoxious.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the musical taste of teens. By that I mean it's funny. From the age of about 11 to 15, most people pretty much pick one genere and listen to that strictly. I'll admit, the only band I listened to through Jr. High was Linkin Park. The only one. And I'd curse anthing that wasn't heavy (LP is, ironicly, pretty soft sometimes. I was a stupid kid. ). I mean, I still love the band, but my tastes are quite varried nowendays. I love the screaming of Demon Hunter, as well as the soft, almost folky style of Dispatch. I don't realy listen to rap, but "Changes" by 2pac is one of my favorite songs.

tl;dr, untill you're around 16, your taste in music sucks and is too strict. Yay, steriotyping!

ShadowDude27 wrote:

Mabey I'm one of those dumb kids of which you speak, because I do believe lyrics are more important than the music. Don't get me wrong, I love a good guitar solo, but my three favorite bands probobly have about five solos between them, in the (Give me a second to count. :P) 11 albums they've realeased. I do apreciate good music, and I'll admit, I wish those band of which I speak solo'd more and shredded/chorded less, but once again, I look for bands with great lyrical power, not instrumental.
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterAce wrote:
So, I was pretty much expecting the "teenagers listen to shitty music and metal sucks and rap sucks" and "I listen to awesome music, like (insert obscure metal bands here)" jargon that's in every music-related topic on Scorehero.

*sigh*

I really need to stop coming into these topics. They're all the same and they're all equally obnoxious.

Yup, that's how it works. I come in music threads by now just to make my obligatory Pearl Jam comment.
NYVideoGameFreak  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to say about my music is: BOSTON!!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

directshot999 wrote:
I used to be one of those kids yall are talking about. I would listen to the music not because I liked it, but because it's cool to listen to. When other people see it, they think "Hey, that's a cool person there."

Now, I've realized what a retard I was, and I've actually completely changed my musical tastes. See, it used to be Rap, then a little LP, some POD, and that's it. Now it's more Metal. All That Remains (which I actually found out about BEFORE GH2 =D) was and still is my favorite metal band. Now I hate Rap, and I proudly turn my Anthrax mp3 songs up to the full volume when someone beside me is listening to it.

I don't give a flying fuck what someone beside me may think of who I am because of what music I listen to, and I'd like to see someone who listens to Rap even try to down my taste in music.

As for Rap... I've been Rap free now for about 3 years, and I hopefully plan to keep it that way. I think that if some people were shown what Rap used to be, they would stop listening to it, because it damned sure wasn't about shooting up rival gangs and livin' on the streets (yo.)

I love you.

On a side note, I used to listen to some pretty terrible bands, then I was introduced to Rush and Anthrax.
TrashedAndGashed  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole bash on rap stuff..NEW rap is garbage, it's (For the most part not ALL but like 99% of it) about gangs, drugs, and having sex with whores. Now if you go back to late 80's early 90's hip-hop it's generally decent. Catchy shit.

Although myself personally like mostly Technical Death Metal, Deathcore, Melodic death metal, Inde, Alternative, and Progressive metal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: