ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII League AA - S3 Winners: backinblack167 & Beauregard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drazar  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I miss in the verse I FC the fast picking, and vice versa

i hate it

HAAAAAAATE it

that and i need a new guitar, my yellow button got wedged

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never hit the fast picking yet so there's not much chance of an FC.

I just need to stop making stupid mistakes in other places.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: Wupun
eachann  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wupun wrote:
I'm quite close to 450k now. I just want a run where I at least hit everything except for fast picking. Then I'll be happy.

That is my goal too, though I don't think I'll do it by Tuesday .
Other than the fast picking, there isn't anything in the song I can't hit.. but to hit all of it in a single run is damn hard for me.
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eachann wrote:
wupun wrote:
I'm quite close to 450k now. I just want a run where I at least hit everything except for fast picking. Then I'll be happy.

Other than the fast picking, there isn't anything in the song I can't hit.. but to hit all of it in a single run is damn hard for me.

Pretty much my thoughts, although with some persistence I think I can pull it off. Just a matter of if I have time to do it.

Also strikes me as odd that the "fast picking" should be difficult. Isn't it just straight sixteenth notes? Then again...this is coming from the person who has trouble with the pre-chorus in Push Push.
Hotoke  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
I'm so glad I don't have to play OftR. My score is like 390k and it was a completely lucky run.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Felipernani
eachann  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
eachann wrote:
wupun wrote:

Pretty much my thoughts, although with some persistence I think I can pull it off. Just a matter of if I have time to do it.

Also strikes me as odd that the "fast picking" should be difficult. Isn't it just straight sixteenth notes? Then again...this is coming from the person who has trouble with the pre-chorus in Push Push.

Are they 1/16 notes or 1/32? Playing that section feels just like misirlou to me.. i have to strum pretty much as fast as I can and I'm completely unable to keep it at just the right speed. I can sometimes get my multiplier up to 3 or 4x, but only for a brief moment and i lose it.

I have the same problem with misirlou except it's the whole song.. lol.
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the notes are double the speed of the notes in the rest of the song. I suppose technically THOSE notes are sixteenths with a very slow meter, so yeah I guess they are thirty-seconds.
Deschain  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As nice as all those 100% are, there are two extra strums in there, not even counting the fast picking, so this isn't the score I'm submitting.

Still looks pretty cool, tho.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out why I can't seem to get the main lick. I was getting it during my preliminary runs, and now I miss it 5/5 on my runs...
daddylonglegs75  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I was just curious, when is the round 2 week song going to be released? Tuesday night? Wednesday? I have a pretty busy schedule this week. Home work of course. Then I have two meets, one thursday and one saturday, so I really don't have a lot of time to work on playoff songs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daddylonglegs75 wrote:
Hey, I was just curious, when is the round 2 week song going to be released? Tuesday night? Wednesday? I have a pretty busy schedule this week. Home work of course. Then I have two meets, one thursday and one saturday, so I really don't have a lot of time to work on playoff songs

good news for me or eachann.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha ya. We will see though. If it ends up being a song I'm already good at, I might just be able to pull a good score out of it. Good luck to you both though... if thats possible.. haha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i just may be the cinderella story in this bracket. Week 1 i was in third place, and every other week school/spring break interfered with my guitar playing. Last week i was busy winning the campus guitar hero contest($20 best buy gift card) so i was lucky to make it in the playoffs, but now that i'm in i could prove a formidable foe now that i have time to spend focusing on a single song. Don't let the 12 in front of my name fool you, i'm not a walk in the park. good luck to everyone in the tournament, and good luck MuDvAyNe. Unfortunately for you this is one of my favorite songs too and my score has improved "slightly", so if you think you have a score that can beat me, i would not recommend stopping, i think our matchup will be closer than expected...

wow sorry if i sound like a douchebag i'm just really tired and i tend to be arrogant when i'm really tired lol.
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmf4ever wrote:
wow sorry if i sound like a douchebag i'm just really tired and i tend to be arrogant when i'm really tired lol.

Fear the big MF!

I think this thread is partially for talking smack, so go right ahead~
silverknight727  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daddylonglegs75 wrote:

You bastard! You better make it to the end! You're the one I wanna go head to head with, so tell your track/swim/whatever buddies to piss off!

That's assuming of course, I even make it to the finals. I'm a decent player, but anyone can get uber scores on the earlier tiers so we'll see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: