Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII: The Harbowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually seeing the jets there would be a sign of the apocalypse too considering they haven't seen a Superbowl in what, 52 years? XD

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'69... followed by my boys at '70 :-P. There are only four franchises that have never been to a Super Bowl (not counting the pre-AFL championships, of course)- the Browns, Lions, Jaguars, and Texans. Nine more have appeared in Super Bowls without winning one- the Bengals, Bills, Cardinals, Chargers, Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, Vikings, and Seahawks.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player

Last edited by fUNC on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
'69... followed by my boys at '70 :-P. There are only four franchises that have never been to a Super Bowl (not counting the pre-AFL championships, of course)- the Browns, Lions, Jaguars, and Texans. Ten more have appeared in Super Bowls without winning one- the Bengals, Bills, Cardinals, Chargers, Dolphins, Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, Vikings, and Seahawks.

The dolphins have won 2 super bowls, one of which they went undefeated all year.

The bills and vikings are tied for most super bowl appearances without a win (4) and the bills did all 4 in consecutive years.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized I typo'd. I meant to put 42 years. XD But yeah, the list of teams not to win a SB still is pretty large surprisingly considering all the parity that happens in the NFL.

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
youhas  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
The bills and vikings are tied for most super bowl appearances without a win (4) and the bills did all 4 in consecutive years.

I not only lived through it, but watched a majority of the games... but "four straight Super Bowl appearances!" is still one of those "man, how the hell did THAT happen?" sorts of NFL stats. (And I feel for Scott Norwood. Dude could fucking cure cancer tomorrow and "WIDE RIGHT" is still what would end up on his tombstone.)

Anyhow: I'm a huge sucker for the "team who has not won a championship [ever / in decades upon decades] finally breaks the schneid" concept, so yes, a Bills/Lions (or equivalent) Super Bowl would be all kinds of awesome. Mr. Green

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
fUNC wrote:
'69... followed by my boys at '70 :-P. There are only four franchises that have never been to a Super Bowl (not counting the pre-AFL championships, of course)- the Browns, Lions, Jaguars, and Texans. Ten more have appeared in Super Bowls without winning one- the Bengals, Bills, Cardinals, Chargers, Dolphins, Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, Vikings, and Seahawks.

The dolphins have won 2 super bowls, one of which they went undefeated all year.

Ha, wow... how the hell did I forget that? Also, apparently nobody cares about the Browns, which goes to show that Cleveland is that weird uncle that nobody likes to talk about.

~Kyle~

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really does surprise me that there are that many teams in the NFL that have never won a Super Bowl. Four of which have never even been. As for the Bills having gone four straight years and never winning, that is almost mind blowing to be honest. Talk about crushing your fans' hearts.

I, too, am a big sucker for teams that have never won or made it, to get that far (unless they are up against my team obviously). But a Bills/Lions Super Bowl would be pretty awesome. And it would be very hard to choose who I would want to win. I would probably go for the Lions simply since they have never been there. But at the same time, 0-5 for the Bills would not be very good. lol

And mentioning the Dolphins undefeated season, I've actually got the newspaper from that season when they went 14-0 (before 16 games seasons). I've also got two newspapers out of Chicago from when the Bears won in '85. And then of course, the New Orleans paper when the Saints won. Still need to get that one framed......

Anywho, I've picked my games today. Not too thrilled about the Cowboys/Pats game. I always root against both of these teams no matter who they play. Had to go with the Cowboys though. Blah.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Sean Payton has a torn MCL and Jim Harbaugh and Jim Schwartz want to get into a cage fight. The coaches are seeing more action than the players today.

The word now is that Harbaugh threw in a "motherfucker" with the handshake because Schwartz was taunting him about throwing the challenge flag on the Lions' TD that was already under review. I don't see it as a big deal- anybody who's been at the middle of an atmosphere like that knows how tense it gets- but it'll turn into one just because both coaches let their emotions get the better of them.

~Kyle~

BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never liked Jason Garrett as coach, and this is why. You have two weeks to prepare your team, you have everyone healthy, and the team commits an unbelievable amount of stupid penalties. The playcalling was terrible at the end of the game too, but I've always thought it was questionable at times. I get that every plan won't work right, but some of these playcalls really dumbfound me.

Otherwise, all this game did was prove to me YET AGAIN what I've been thinking all along. The Cowboys are a good team, and can hang with anyone, but it's always one stupid thing after another costing us games. The team played well all around, held the Pats to under 30 points for the first time in 14 games, and Romo played fine. The defense even got to Brady some. Sigh...at least the Rams are next week.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's obvious that unless the bills' defense can pick up some slack, the bills are not a playoff team. Yeah they'll make turnovers and whatnot, but they need to limit so many big plays and yards. Cuz on the days that the offense is a little off, they can't take carry the weight. We'll see what happens, hopefully the bye week brings good things.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
youhas  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this time, I'd been operating under the assumption that the '9ers were a 2-3 team that somehow lucked their way into masquerading as a 4-1 team. Where yes, sure, there have been some glimmers of quality gameplay... but that was all probably blind luck, where they'd come crashing down to earth any day now.

But now? Hell, I dunno. They played on the road, in a deafening dome, playing against a seemingly quality opponent, even coughing up a pair of potentially back-breaking turnovers... and still managed to eke out a win? It's possible that the 49ers do not suck, for real! It's their first 5-1 start to a season since 1998!

I mean, they do not look like a team of well-oiled casually-dominating world-beaters or anything. But they do look solid and competent, which is leagues better than I'd anticipated at season's start.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shotti needs to go on the Jets. Even though they won, the play calling is absolutely terrible.

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was painfully boring, i don't think there has actually been a good monday night game this year. None of the games coming up are looking promising either.

Baltimore - Jacksonville
San Diego - Kansas City
Chicago - Philadelphia (potential to be good)
Minnesota - Green Bay
Kansas City - New England
NYG - New Orleans (potential to be good)
San Diego - Jacksonville
St. Louis - Seattle
Pittsburgh - San Fransisco (potential to be good)
Atlanta - New Orleans (potential to be good)

who the hell was scheduling these? most of these will probably end up as blowouts or just ugly games like the ones we saw tonight.

EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to remember that scheduling was done before the season. Teams like Philly and Kansas City are good on paper, but aren't doing well

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmoArbiter wrote:
You have to remember that scheduling was done before the season. Teams like Philly and Kansas City are good on paper, but aren't doing well

jacksonville weren't that good, they have two home games against teams that were clearly better than them, yeah kc made the playoffs, but do you really think they'd do anything against the patriots? Minnesota wasn't good last year, etc.

there is at least one game I can find that looked visually more appealing on paper at the beginning of the year for every week.

Baltimore - Jacksonville instead chicago vs tampa bay
San Diego - Kansas City instead new england vs pittsburgh
Chicago - Philadelphia instead Green Bay vs. San Diego
Minnesota - Green Bay instead New Orleans vs. Atlanta
Kansas City - New England instead Buffalo at Miami (say what you want, it's a great rivalry, and both teams looked pretty equal at the beginning of the year)
NYG - New Orleans (I agree with this one)
San Diego - Jacksonville instead Green Bay vs NYG
St. Louis - Seattle instead New Orleans vs. Tennessee
Pittsburgh - San Fransisco (I also agree with this one)
Atlanta - New Orleans (this one is good, but Giants vs. Jets)

Maybe it's just my opinion, idk. I'm just tired of boring MNF games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 39 of 111

Jump to: