ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Scorehero on decline?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StXDragonSword wrote:
quick question here so Danny never really became part of the community? It was just apparent to me now after watching more of recent videos, its just his Ego looks like it just takes over him and his attitude looks like he just always think hes the best at everything he does....don't get me wrong is a hell of a guitarist, and plastic instruments but I hate when people get to much into themselves.

Correct me if I am wrong but does anyone else feel this way?

I don't know about now, but back when this whole "Danny is too good and FCed everything" thing first became a problem I certainly don't remember Danny coming across as arrogant in any way (Jack probably did, but that's another issue entirely ). What I was actually talking about was just Danny's lack of involvement with ScoreHero. Basically he just entered his scores here and updated his accomplishments thread whenever he did something particularly impressive, and never really integrated himself into the community, which I think probably would have gone a long way toward dispelling some of the criticism he received. You look at all the guys who used to be "the best" (ES, HellAshes, Lo7, and even Chris to some extent come to mind); they were active members here who participated in discussions and made friends, and so when they FCed stuff it contributed to the "WE as a community have these songs FCed" mindset that I talked about in my first post. In comparison, Danny was just this freakishly good player who was just kinda out there independent of SH, and so when he got a hard FC there was an element of "this guy isn't really one of us" to it. Again, it's not like he's under obligation to be a good SH user in order to do the things that he did, but it's at least understandable why some people got angry.
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got why you guys seem to forget that the games are just fun in general. The act of interacting with music is fun, regardless of if you're the best in the world or even if the song is some crazy thing that only the greatest players can pass.

I've never been the best, I am always getting better, but I've never been among the scorehero elites on any instrument. I just like to play the game though, so it's never gotten old for me. I post on here mainly for news, there isn't much news about Guitar Hero lately aside from things that make me go into a blind rage and see how many swear words I can replace Bobby Kotick with. So that's why I don't post as much. On the RB side I post a lot because there are games that we're actually getting info about, new stuff like weekly dlc that is actually new and RBN, etc.

Really what you guys need to do is make something to talk about while you're waiting for Neversoft to tell us about GH6. Set up a tournament, video contest, whatever. Just come up with an idea that involved everyone and is fun.

We're not reliant on the devs to give us something to talk about, be creative and we'll think of something.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirdkoopa and Zsj's first post: You. Are. Awesome.

Shame I have no clue how to actually do that. *sad* But i'd be perfectly willing to be the player, if possible.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just a game. I myself have played it way to much and just got bored of it, and i assume everyone will feel that way one day down the road.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 wrote:
StXDragonSword wrote:
quick question here so Danny never really became part of the community? It was just apparent to me now after watching more of recent videos, its just his Ego looks like it just takes over him and his attitude looks like he just always think hes the best at everything he does....don't get me wrong is a hell of a guitarist, and plastic instruments but I hate when people get to much into themselves.

Correct me if I am wrong but does anyone else feel this way?

long z post

I might add, Danny used to be in every streams, talking to players, but people treated him like shit so he stopped (That was pretty early in his GH career).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair I think people are burnt out with Neversofts game releasing, To be fair I only play band play now and I used to play really competive in my area, There are no guitar hero events now, Still play a couple of songs on guitar hero arcade now and then though

Goals:
[ ]1000 GS in all UK released RB games (Lego RB TBRB RB1 left) (TP2 ACDC RB2 done)
[ ]1000 GS in Guitar Hero Metallica
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: X Storm Trooper PSN Name: Storm-Iz-SiK
codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My response to the hoard of games released in the last year:
Out of Memory Exception on line 1

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really didn't want to have to say this, but come on now. Let's not argue about Danny in anyway. A person should never be as controversial as he.

That is all.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
SAW4135  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel decline isn't really the proper word to describe the situation. More like a recession or lull. One would hope that when summer rolls around, people with extra time might come back to the site.

However, I do feel the GH series is as a whole on the decline. Some may think GH:3 ruined it by being too easy, or WT ruined it with the purple notes, or what have you. The point here is that Scorehero is the competitive side of GH. Without lots of tournaments, large, seemingly unattainable goals, and such, it's hard to recreate the same sort of frenzy that brought most of us here in the first place.

When I first joined, 100%-ing a song was seemingly impossible on expert. Now, I like sightread FC-d somewhere between 60-70 songs on GH:5. Does that make GH:5 a bad game? No. But the chances I'm really gonna go back and play most or any of those songs is not very likely, unless I like the specific song or chart.

I think it has gotten to the point that the GH games have as whole have become less competitive/more "fun" oriented. Therefore, the SH community is gonna suffer a bit.

I don't think any game killed it, but after GH:3 was so well received, and then when WT was released, it seemed like square one. By becoming more Full-Band oriented, we kinda lost the Guitar aspect. But whatevers. We always have the old games to go back to

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(^ to LlamaYip) I even tried to avoid participating the Danny talk. I agree, and that's not the point we want to reach. There's no way I can think he's one of the causes of the decline anyway.

Speaking of decline, I think we got a vivid example of it yesterday. The Misc. GH Game Discussion didn't get any post in a span of 7 hours (from 7pm to 2am, GMT -3). As far as I know, since I frequented these forums, this never happened outside downtimes. Maybe this activity decline that SH is suffering nowadays is much worse than other activity declines that SH may have had before.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
qays1991  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't realise people would be bashing Danny so much.

Can I, or We, just say a statement or a quote like, Whatever happens happens? Or something cliche from a lot of movies and tv series like Glee recently in the 'Sectionals' episode, 'You can't always get what you want?' If Scorehero declines, then it was bound to happen, BUT, hopefully it will (and it should) definitely pick up again once the new games are out.

(It sucks that I'll never be able to play my own custom )
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with the severe decline in quality in GH, along with presumably Activision's stubborness to put more DLC, yeah it's going to happen.

I mean on RB now you can get songs from the normal store AND RBN. I'm more of a fan of Guitar Hero as a game, but the DLC is demolishing the franchise.

I've been saying for over a year that if they don't step up to the plate with DLC, GH will die off eventually. Then they can Neversoft, bring in VV and who knows what's going to happen? Could it get better? Maybe, but somehow I doubt it, and I don't blame Neversoft for it either. I blame Activision.

It's like going up against iTunes and offering 1/8th of the songs available, then wondering why iTunes is destroying you.

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/battlestarfire
AdamHero  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny isn't the problem, the games just stopped appealing to a pretty big majority of this community. One of the reasons for this is definitely the lack of wtf insane songs in games. This community has quite a lot of competitive players in it, and all of them want a challenge. Back in the day there was Jordan, Through the fire and flames, ballroom blitz, all these hard songs that people would try to FC. Now in GH5 there is no WTF song that people want to grind to get better at, and Guitar Hero: metallica and Smash Hits just had newer versions of old hard songs.

Also, I personally would like the newer guitar hero games a lot better on the older engines and look. I don't know why but the GH2 and GH3 engines and the way they look appeal to me a lot more then the newer games. I just think hitting those colored circles would be more fun on those games. I don't know how other people feel about this but I know it's true to me.

Also, this series has just been around so damn long people are just growing tired of it, that's about it.

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
Benster26  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamHero wrote:
Also, I personally would like the newer guitar hero games a lot better on the older engines and look. I don't know why but the GH2 and GH3 engines and the way they look appeal to me a lot more then the newer games. I just think hitting those colored circles would be more fun on those games. I don't know how other people feel about this but I know it's true to me.

But gh2s and gh3s engines and look are completly different so what you what is two versions of each game?

One like gh2 and one like gh3?

You cant want a game that has the same look and engine of two games that were completly different in those areas.

Back on the 11th!
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a bunch of WTF songs on GHTunes and they sound just about as good as the songs deadhead and exilelord try to FC on youtube :P

Also we only have one FC of Dueling Banjos afaik >_>
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: