ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - CONFIRMED + screen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
This is the gayest shit I've ever heard in my life.

really? because I thought it was the most heterosexual thing I've ever read
Cliff  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxuallyAPeasing wrote:
Cliff wrote:
MarsPhoenix wrote:
Or if it had to be one artist, why not someone who's got enough difference in their songs to make the game worth buying? Metallica, the Stones, the Who...

lolwut? That'd have as much variety as GH: Dragonforce.

There's a difference between having a consistent band sound and having almost literally the same song over and over.

And consistent band formula? Like sexy acoustic guitar intro -> same intro redone with electric guitars -> new fast 'n' heavy riff -> really fast solo and let's tap some of that shit -> OK back to the riff and we'll sing some more and then be done.
Justaddwater  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2fr wrote:
I like aerosmtih BUT>

I honestly think this is over saturation. please spend the time & money on getting Zep, Floyd & Doors licenses instead.

Free DLC i s always great, but 30 tracks of aerosmith is going to get boring. I really believe they should have this as a major download for like 20 bucks.
I bet the engine/presentation is goign to be exactly like gh3. (just how 80's was... with new skins/tracks). It's really kind of a slap in the face, especially after "gh3 will have the MOST DLC of any game" quote/ AND especially uif it's 60 bucks.

If they brought it to ROck band however, the thought of doing vox or drums would sell me completely.

I would think that its aerosmiths record company paying to make the game, not the other way around, this is basically just an advertisement remember.
anjroo11688  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieB wrote:
http://www.aeroforceone.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/993147/pid/302766

Aerosmith's website is reporting a $50 price tag or so.

Also, how would Joe Perry be upset that he didn't see his band in GH1? Wouldn't he have known they put his music in the game?

Haha, I thought the same thing too. It is probably just some BS from the guy who wrote the article, or Joe Perry was making it up.
C0NTR4l34ND  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Metallica is no where as marketable as Aerosmith. there's no contest there. I'm a metallica fan but honestly I'd get bored with some of the older stuff; playing something like hit the lights would just irritate me because it would be too damn hard. ramping the difficulty and pushing the limits, challenging the veteran players is always a good thing, but for the casual players like me... Hell we need some easy ones. hehe.

I mean I've beaten everything except for Lou and a couple of bonus songs on all the games, but I'm still terrible compared to most. Aerosmith will give a well rounded setlist for everyone to enjoy.

The only thing I wonder about is if they actually have a song that's suitable for a "final song," difficulty-wise. My money is on a guitar battle with Joe Perry.. sadly. I think. I don't know. Are we playing AS Aerosmith or WITH them using a created character?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C0NTR4l34ND wrote:
Sorry, Metallica is no where as marketable as Aerosmith. there's no contest there. I'm a metallica fan but honestly I'd get bored with some of the older stuff; playing something like hit the lights would just irritate me because it would be too damn hard. ramping the difficulty and pushing the limits, challenging the veteran players is always a good thing, but for the casual players like me... Hell we need some easy ones. hehe.

I mean I've beaten everything except for Lou and a couple of bonus songs on all the games, but I'm still terrible compared to most. Aerosmith will give a well rounded setlist for everyone to enjoy.

The only thing I wonder about is if they actually have a song that's suitable for a "final song," difficulty-wise. My money is on a guitar battle with Joe Perry.. sadly. I think. I don't know. Are we playing AS Aerosmith or WITH them using a created character?

Youre playing as the guitarist in aerosmith, apparently from their first gig to now. Thats how I understood it anyway.
ViPeR6  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope:

-If its overpriced, they alteast offer some DLC for it
-The Wii gets this, and GH3 DLC (sorry, gotta put this in every post until it happens
-It's not bugged up like GH3 (plz no 50% of one note)

This could potentially be really good, and i look forward to any Guitar hero. Also, congrads on more free DLC 360/PS3 users. I really hope they do the same thing for the Wii if it ever gets DLC, but thats a worry for another time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justaddwater wrote:
C0NTR4l34ND wrote:

Youre playing as the guitarist in aerosmith, apparently from their first gig to now. Thats how I understood it anyway.

That's pretty badass. I mean hell, the first thing I unlock in any of those games is either Slash, or Izzy's Slash outfit... Anything but the faggy fictional characters they have... So now it saves me the hassle of unlocking them.. I can be Joe Perry from the get-go. Woot!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erodyne wrote:
God I hope this is fake...

Why is that? If you want to b**ch and whine about Neversoft and Activison "milking" the franchise, email them. Say it to their face. I'm sick and tired of stupid comments like this blasting this game just because it's another Guitar Hero game. Sure, they could have focused on a wide spectrum of bands like GH3, but they just decided to focus on Aerosmith, one of the most legendary rock bands out there. If you hate Aerosmith, then there is no reason to try to post your comments in here, because I am still getting the game, whether people like you and everyone else whine and complain about it. I love Guitar Hero, and until I think that they have "jumped the shark" I will continue to support GH. If the games keep on getting better, and the setlist is good, I will get it, because I love playing Guitar Hero. Just think of that the next time you and a few others say stuff like "this is the gayest s**t I've ever seen". If you aren't going to buy it, then don't. Don't whine and complain about it. You have the freedom on whether or not to buy this game. Just don't fill this thread with uneccessary comments like that. Oh, and about Aerosmith, people who are blasting this game have either 1. never listened to Aerosmith or 2. are too young to know who they even are. *sigh* Sorry about this rant, I just wanted to get some stuff off my chest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
xxyetixx  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Metallica would have been a much better choice. You could have made the last tier Metallica's new album that is coming out this year or next year.

Maybe they could of used Guns n Roses and Chinese Democracy could have been the last tier
FoG  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the recent creation of Activision Blizzard, It would make sense that they are doing Aerosmith. Being under Geffen (Vinvedi owned), They have access to all of the Aerosmith recordings. For the acts that have opened for/inspired Aerosmith, I wouldn't look farther than bands under the Universal Music Group Label.

[quote=/"MarkMadness/"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat[/quote]
My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote=/"dudextr/"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Joe Perry is a well-known Gibson user, so they can keep the regular guitars without losing the sense of authenticity. If they did a band like Metallica they'd either have to lose that bit of realism and have the hardcore fans whining like little girls or license a fuckload of extra stuff that'll cost them the earth and force them to up the final sale price of the game, and have the hardcore fans whining like little girls.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
LaMang0ouste  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like other ppl said earlier, I doubt that there's enough song from aerosmith that would make good guitar parts. I'm pretty sure it will be at least 50/50 with other band songs.

I also think they choose to make a gh game on a band so that they could put an actual real band on the stage. I'm talking here about the graphic of the game; right now on gh3, the basist and the drummer are not really well made, the singer is ugly as hell. By putting a complete band, I'm pretty sure they will work harder on all the character on the stage to look nice. They will surely put signature move, like they did with slash and tom morello, which could be pretty nice.

Lets not get hasty judging the game, when we will see the playlist and the notecharts, only then we will be able to know if its a good or a bad game. Neither way its more circle to make disapear, so it cant be bad
Samson007  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This........is.........awesome!

I dont much care for the Aerosmith songs they have already put into guitar hero.......and 30 more of them is not exactly what I want in a new GH game. But its more songs to play and its coming out on PS2, so im happy!

vintsukka  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did Yahoo! get the "band who have opened for Aerosmith" from? The press release reads as follows:
Quote:
s fans progress through their careers in the game, they can rock out to scores of Aerosmith’s greatest hits, as well as songs from celebrated artists that the band has either performed with or has been inspired by in some way.

Inspired by! They could have some real rock legends there.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: