ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Beliefs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevenlarged  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraMegaOK1988 wrote:

It's possible the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists.

/me points to my avatar

Anyways, people need to just calm down.

This thread was about what you believe is true, not HEY EVERYONE LETS TRY TO PROVE EACH OTHER WRONG FOR 50 PAGES!
DiscoV  

UltraMegaOK1988 wrote:

yudlugar wrote:
Therefore refuting the comment that somebody knows God exists (with reasoning of personal experience) as meaningless is not a fair thing to say.

He himself said he has no evidence. He said, "I dont use science, I dont use the history of books or civilizations."

I said I dont need the evidence of science and historical civilizations, not that I dont use them. If you read the edit of my post, it says that I have looked at historical records and science, and that they reassure my beliefs.

Ive tried my hand at this thread, Ill leave it up to the mods to what they want to do with it.
sgspecial  

UltraMegaOK1988 wrote:
sgspecial wrote:
This post right here is a brazen example of why no one is taking you seriously

I think, judging by all of the vitriol slung my way between yesterday and today, everyone is taking me seriously.

I suggest you stop trying to attack my character and focus on the substance of my posts. Every single post of yours adds nothing to the conversation and you contribute to the intellectual decline of this thread.

I'm going to assume that you're still a kid, so I suggest that, until you can handle these kinds of discussions maturely, you remove yourself from this thread. If my assumption about your age is wrong, forgive me because you're acting like a 14-year-old.

Fuck it I have tried but this is going no where fast you think that if you are not hardcore attacking in your arguements that "kids gloves" have been applied and it serves no purpose.

It is funny that you link that video a page or two back because you are coming off as that man and I just wanted to thank you for the irony of that last post. (see bold)

For the record I am 18 years old a legal adult in the United States and through my speaking and writing have gained quite a bit in my life your opinion of me matters as much as god does to you.
UltraMegaOK1988  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kltznum1 wrote:
Please give me a few oblivious reasons.

Intentional spelling error?

The walking fallacy that goes by the name "The Bible" is the obvious reason. You know, the book that says that plants came before sunlight.

kltznum1 wrote:
Because according to my memory I remember reading about 2 other raptures occurring in the Old Testament. I may be wrong, but I think I remember that.

Such as...?

kltznum1 wrote:
Why do you care so much about your non-religion?

This is probably the tenth time I've said this in this thread. I care because religious bigots influence my life personally as well as impersonally through law (preventing homosexuals from marrying and pregnant women from getting abortions, and wanting to teach creationism alongside evolution).

As I mentioned before, religion is responsible for many millions (probaby billions) of deaths, torture, injuries, suppression of rights, discrimination, etc.

kltznum1 wrote:
Do you get satisfaction from causing war via internet?

I get satisfaction out of forcing other people to think.

kltznum1 wrote:
By the way I love reading your posts, they seem very well-thought out and are entertaining.

The well-thought-out part is intentional; I'm not going for an Emmy with my posts, however. It's the kids here who are causing this thread to derail.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yudlugar wrote:
which is why I said using scientific reasoning to disprove his arguement is not valid, because it is a philosophical arguement not a scientific one.

Philosophical arguments for God's existence are moot. You may as well say that you worship your black pepper shaker.

yudlugar wrote:
The point was, you cannot prove God doesn't exist, not that you can prove the FSM doesn't.

It's not on non-believers to prove that God doesn't exist; it's on the theists... which I have stated many, many times in this thread. The burden of proof is always, 100%, on the theists, not the atheists.

yudlugar wrote:
do I need to write a definition of unlikely, to show you that unlikely does not mean wrong? Or can you find it yourself. It doesn't make it right either, but not wrong

It's wrong until it's proven.

Matt wrote:
It is quite obvious that the only time this thread degrades into crap is when you are posting.

Yes, it's my fault that the kids in this thread can't handle a stern tone. And you completely absolve everyone else of any wrongdoing.

Matt wrote:
but everyone seems to agree that *you* are the problem making this thread crap, and no one else.

Argumentum ad populum.

Matt wrote:
The only reason people are responding to you is because you are making so much noise, as if you have to be the center of attention.

Does "douchebag atheists" ring a bell to you? Oh, you're a mod, so you can't do any wrong.

DiscoV wrote:
I said I dont need the evidence of science and historical civilizations, not that I dont use them. If you read the edit of my post, it says that I have looked at historical records and science, and that they reassure my beliefs.

You're looking at them wrong.

sgspecial wrote:
For the record I am 18 years old

You're a kid, just as I thought.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraMegaOK1988 wrote:
kltznum1 wrote:
Please give me a few oblivious reasons.

Intentional spelling error?

The walking fallacy that goes by the name "The Bible" is the obvious reason. You know, the book that says that plants came before sunlight.

kltznum1 wrote:
Because according to my memory I remember reading about 2 other raptures occurring in the Old Testament. I may be wrong, but I think I remember that.

Such as...?

kltznum1 wrote:
Why do you care so much about your non-religion?

This is probably the tenth time I've said this in this thread. I care because religious bigots influence my life personally as well as impersonally through law (preventing homosexuals from marrying and pregnant women from getting abortions, and wanting to teach creationism alongside evolution).

As I mentioned before, religion is responsible for many millions (probaby billions) of deaths, torture, injuries, suppression of rights, discrimination, etc.

kltznum1 wrote:
Do you get satisfaction from causing war via internet?

I get satisfaction out of forcing other people to think.

kltznum1 wrote:
By the way I love reading your posts, they seem very well-thought out and are entertaining.

The well-thought-out part is intentional; I'm not going for an Emmy with my posts, however. It's the kids here who are causing this thread to derail.

Ok I am going to go back to reading and not replying, but that typo where I put oblivious i meant obvious. I wasn't saying to give me ignorant reasons, my bad lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anyone who is vain enough to pin the decline of this thread on me, was it bad here?

And how come none of the other religious arguments I have on t3h Interwebs decline this way?

It's because I usually argue with mature adults, not whiny video-game playing high school kids who haven't had but three minutes of life experience. It's my mistake for overestimating the collective maturity of the SH community.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kltznum1 wrote:
Please give me a few oblivious reasons. Because according to my memory I remember reading about 2 other raptures occurring in the Old Testament. I may be wrong, but I think I remember that.

yes, Enoch was raptured (Genesis 5:24), as was Elijah (2 Kings 2:11)
Mark 8:36
UltraMegaOK1988  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
kltznum1 wrote:
Please give me a few oblivious reasons. Because according to my memory I remember reading about 2 other raptures occurring in the Old Testament. I may be wrong, but I think I remember that.

yes, Enoch was raptured (Genesis 5:24), as was Elijah (2 Kings 2:11)

Funny how you can quote the Old Testament when it's convenient for you, but when I point out the misogyny, mistreatment of animals, and support for slavery in the Old Testament, you criticize me for cherry-picking from an invalid document.

The "you," of course, isn't just a reference to you, Matt; it's a reference to a few people in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraMegaOK1988 wrote:
To anyone who is vain enough to pin the decline of this thread on me, was it bad here?

And how come none of the other religious arguments I have on t3h Interwebs decline this way?

It's because I usually argue with mature adults, not whiny video-game playing high school kids who haven't had but three minutes of life experience. It's my mistake for overestimating the collective maturity of the SH community.

Dude if you hate this place that much why be here?
Matt  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraMegaOK1988 wrote:
Does "douchebag atheists" ring a bell to you?

Yes, and if you took the time to show the whole quote before you decided take it as a personal attack, you would see I said roughly "I seem to encounter a lot of douchebag atheists".

If you have a problem with how I moderate, you go ahead and contact JCirri.
If you have a problem with how this site is run, then by all means, don't let us keep you here.
UltraMegaOK1988  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgspecial wrote:

Who said I hate it? I love ScoreHero. It's more than a bunch of kids like you spamming up the Beliefs thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
Yes, and if you took the time to show the whole quote before you decided take it as a personal attack, you would see I said roughly "I seem to encounter a lot of douchebag atheists".

You called me one. That's not mod-like behavior, now is it?

Matt wrote:
If you have a problem with how I moderate, you go ahead and contact JCirri.

I've gone that route before and it's like the Bush administration: no one in a position of power can do any wrong. Trying to hold SH mods accountable for their actions is a fruitless endeavor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraMegaOK1988 wrote:
sgspecial wrote:

Who said I hate it? I love ScoreHero. It's more than a bunch of kids like you spamming up the Beliefs thread.

I can't take it anymore this is fucking ridiculous. You claim to be oh so mature yet your the one that's flaming everyone. You just attack people for absolutly no reason, that's real fucking mature.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Yell86
Matt  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraMegaOK1988 wrote:
Matt wrote:

You called me one. That's not mod-like behavior, now is it?

I said you were acting like one. Meaning, I was viewing your behavior and labeling it for what it was, not making a judgment call about your personality.

Again, if you don't like how this site is run, then go somewhere else.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 56 of 57

Jump to: