ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Obama vs. McCain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zYgote  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jondrody wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
jondrody wrote:
So you are calling Deak2112 (and a shitload of other people) a bigot because he does not support the legality of gay marriage?

Yup.

Well in that light one could say you are a bigot for accusing people who hold different beliefs than you of being intolerant, couldn't you? Don't just throw labels around, if you are going to call millions of people intolerant back it up with something ffs.

This.

The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
stryker  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zYgote wrote:
jondrody wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
jondrody wrote:
So you are calling Deak2112 (and a shitload of other people) a bigot because he does not support the legality of gay marriage?

Yup.

Well in that light one could say you are a bigot for accusing people who hold different beliefs than you of being intolerant, couldn't you? Don't just throw labels around, if you are going to call millions of people intolerant back it up with something ffs.

This.

Cute. People who believe that those who do not support gay marriage are bigots are themselves bigots because they aren't tolerant of the anti-gay marriage stance? In that case, you're a bigot for not being tolerant of someone who's not tolerant of gay marriage.

It don't work that way, people. The vast majority of negative opinion towards homosexuality takes its root from religion; religion, I might add, that typically stresses the axiom "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" as one of its highest tenets. If organized religion were an infallible source of morality, dictated to man from the very lips of God himself, then perhaps the claim that "homosexuality is a sin" or in some way its wrong would have credibility. But the bottom line is that it doesn't.

If you don't support gay marriage, then yes, you are a bigot because you are denying others a ceremony which you claim as your own, reserved for your "own kind." I'm not a bigot for calling you out for your nonsensical belief.

Alakaiser wrote:
What's your problem with unicorns? They're a majestic, mythical creature! And the colors! The colors are great!
Really, the unicorn avatar is the best thing to ever happen to this forum.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zYgote wrote:
jondrody wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
jondrody wrote:

Yup.

This.

What the fuck do you expect me to back it up with? Homophobes and racists are dickheads, end of. By your logic, everyone on the planet is a bigot, so fine, whatever.

EDIT: ...or, to put it another way, what stryker said. Thanks for putting it so much better than I'm able to at this hour of the morning.

Time I stepped out of this argument, I don't plan to be baited any further. 3:45am is bedtime anyway.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
sushi111  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stryker wrote:

Cute. People who believe that those who do not support gay marriage are bigots are themselves bigots because they aren't tolerant of the anti-gay marriage stance? In that case, you're a bigot for not being tolerant of someone who's not tolerant of gay marriage.

It don't work that way, people. The vast majority of negative opinion towards homosexuality takes its root from religion; religion, I might add, that typically stresses the axiom "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" as one of its highest tenets. If organized religion were an infallible source of morality, dictated to man from the very lips of God himself, then perhaps the claim that "homosexuality is a sin" or in some way its wrong would have credibility. But the bottom line is that it doesn't.

If you don't support gay marriage, then yes, you are a bigot because you are denying others a ceremony which you claim as your own, reserved for your "own kind." I'm not a bigot for calling you out for your nonsensical belief.

Exactly.

I really dont think "Its what I believe" and "this" are good enough reasons for discrimination, and I find any defense of this prejudice hilarious.
Lunchb0x  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sushi111 wrote:
There is a strong possibility homosexuality can be genetic, at least in some cases.

The "gay voice" is not a coincidence, but the thing that lead me to believe this is a strong possibility was David Cross on one of his comedy records explaining why he thought homosexuality was genetic. I cant quote it word per word, but it was something about a kid choosing to get beat the shit out of him by a bunch of assholes.

Actually, the gay voice interestingly enough, is a learned behavioral pattern so that gay men are able to identify and find one another without having to acknowledge anything out in the open. That's why there are so many situations in where people can tell that closeted homosexuals are gay before they "come out". The homosexual in this case, although closeted for obvious social reasons, still wants to find other people like him. Hence the "gay voice". (No source for this but my voice teacher told me this awhile ago and that guy knows his shit.)

That being said, I tend to go with the belief that gay people are just part of the evolutionary design so a thriving species doesn't overpopulate.

As for gay marriage goes, I can see how people wouldn't want to allow it considering it's letting homosexuals partake in a Christian ceremony and we all know how hardcore Christians feel about homosexuals. Prohibiting gay marriage to me is a lot like the childhood concept of cooties and starting all boy clubs (we don't want gay dudes to marry because they'll be all smoochy and stuff on each other!!! IN PUBLIC!!! ICCKKKYYY). I think it's an issue that we're inevitably, as a population, get over.

Only goal: Learn and master RB drums (/)
0wnd1zzl3d  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stryker wrote:
zYgote wrote:
jondrody wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
jondrody wrote:

Yup.

This.

Good stuff goes here (removed for relative lengthiness of quote tunnel)

Exactly.

Also, what reasons do you guys have against gay marriage that dont stem from religion? None. Now how would you outlaw it if you want to maintain a separation of church and state. In no way; you would have to violate that basic rule if you wanted to.

Unless you can come up with a valid, non-religious reason. "I believe it's wrong" doesn't cut it, that's opinion, and it's

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
sushi111  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, we gave plenty of reasons for the gay marriage defense: gays deserve the right to marriage because they are equal. What reasons has anyone given besides a Bible quote?
jondrody  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me repeat once more that I am FOR gay marriage's legality. I have 2 good friends that are homosexuals and I have nothing against them nor any other race, religion, gender, orientation, etc. I just like to play the devil's advocate, it brings me lulz. I enjoy the challenge of defending a viewpoint I don't agree with, but this one is really difficult. I tried though but once again, because I think some people didn't read my earlier posts: I am pro-gay marriage legality.
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jondrody wrote:
Let me repeat once more that I am FOR gay marriage's legality. I have 2 good friends that are homosexuals and I have nothing against them nor any other race, religion, gender, orientation, etc. I just like to play the devil's advocate, it brings me lulz. I enjoy the challenge of defending a viewpoint I don't agree with, but this one is really difficult. I tried though but once again, because I think some people didn't read my earlier posts: I am pro-gay marriage legality.

well...go you for being pro gay marriage!!! And whatever stryker and sushi and the guy with with joker icon said...nice! I just didn't feel like wuuting and making a thought out response, it's too late for that.
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent been here for 2 pages. And somehow i started an argument again that i havent mentioned for like 10 pages or more.

thecaptainof wrote:
jondrody wrote:
sushi111 wrote:
Not everything, I just hardly can't take anyone who says something like that seriously.

so regardless of the fact that you found his arguments on almost everything else to be compelling, his stance on one issue renders his stand on all others invalid? That's absurd. Maybe I could understand if it were something a bit more obscure, but his stance on gay marriage of all things? One of the issues where the country is most divided? Wow. Just, wow.

If someone supports discrimination based on race, gender, disability or, in this case, sexuality, it's a good sign that they're a bigot... i.e. the sort of person whose views are best taken with a mountain of salt.

This. You start out by assuming I think im better than gays. Never said. Not once. Just because you dont support something doesnt mean you think you're better. Hell, my 2nd cousin is gay. I love him, but I dont support it. Half my dad's side of the family is about bunch of alcoholic drunks. I love them, i just dont support their life-style. Its the same thing really.

And trust me, I have my reasons for believing what i do. I will not go into that though.

And for clerification, I have no problem with gays. Im not a gay basher and i dont dislike them.

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
0wnd1zzl3d  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:
I havent been here for 2 pages. And somehow i started an argument again that i havent mentioned for like 10 pages or more.

thecaptainof wrote:
jondrody wrote:
sushi111 wrote:
Not everything, I just hardly can't take anyone who says something like that seriously.

so regardless of the fact that you found his arguments on almost everything else to be compelling, his stance on one issue renders his stand on all others invalid? That's absurd. Maybe I could understand if it were something a bit more obscure, but his stance on gay marriage of all things? One of the issues where the country is most divided? Wow. Just, wow.

If someone supports discrimination based on race, gender, disability or, in this case, sexuality, it's a good sign that they're a bigot... i.e. the sort of person whose views are best taken with a mountain of salt.

This. You start out by assuming I think im better than gays. Never said. Not once. Just because you dont support something doesnt mean you think you're better. Hell, my 2nd cousin is gay. I love him, but I dont support it. Half my dad's side of the family is about bunch of alcoholic drunks. I love them, i just dont support their life-style. Its the same thing really.

And trust me, I have my reasons for believing what i do. I will not go into that though.

And for clerification, I have no problem with gays. Im not a gay basher and i dont dislike them.

Ehh, pardon me for asking, but why won't you go into it?

I think it's pretty obvious (there is no reason that has nothing to do with religion)

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got on to by one of the senior moderators last time i said why. Its not necessary, just accept it.

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
0wnd1zzl3d  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:
I got on to by one of the senior moderators last time i said why. Its not necessary, just accept it.

So you said why at one point? Alright, well, thanks for telling me, I'll try to dig it out (unless it's been edited or something).

toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0wnd1zzl3d wrote:
Deak2112 wrote:

So you said why at one point? Alright, well, thanks for telling me, I'll try to dig it out (unless it's been edited or something).

obv he is a Reptoid from Alpha Draconis
Knut  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:

Being gay and being an alcoholic is NOT the same thing you ignorant fuck.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 60 of 61

Jump to: