ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Battlefield BC 2 Discussion : GUN STATS ARE OUT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vietnam is great. I only have a problem with one map which is the rush version of the one with the rice paddies. It starts out in an extremely linear section of the map, with A & B being down by a river and it's a horrid mess to get through. It's the worst grenade spam section I've seen in a BC2 map to date lol

Other than that, it's alot of fun. I love running into enclosed areas with the flamethrower or driving around with music playing. It's how you do a map pack/expansion for 15 bucks compared to the over-priced Black Ops pack coming up.
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vantage Point does have a tough start, but I don't completely hate it. It has a kind of claustrophobic feel that is new to Battlefield. I rarely have a team bad enough to permit too much spawning, and when I do I just leave. I can't play with retards.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a tech related question for here, I just bought the game and I'm trying to play online. But whenever I join a game within about 3 minutes of joining I get kicked for a problem with my punkbuster client (I can copy down the exact problem if need be).

Now I'm not sure whats up, I haven't played a game that uses Punkbuster in years so I'm not sure what I'm missing.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can go to the punkbuster website, grab the program from there and basically manually add in BC2 along with making sure it's properly updated.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for joining the party late... just bought BC2 for PC. Anyone want to hit me up on steam?
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...I just bought it for the 360. I like it, but I also kinda hate it. It has flaws that make me angry, yet it has exciting moments that make me....well...excited!

My favorite map is definitely Atacama Desert for Rush and Conquest. But for Squad Deathmatch(which I'm amazing at btw), all of them just work.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminder that you can get BFBC2 and the Vietnam expansion for 10 bucks for the next 14 hours on STEAM. Insane deal. I actually REBOUGHT BFBC2, just for the ease of having it on Steam and getting the SPECACT skins.
V0Lt4Ge  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Reminder that you can get BFBC2 and the Vietnam expansion for 10 bucks for the next 14 hours on STEAM. Insane deal. I actually REBOUGHT BFBC2, just for the ease of having it on Steam and getting the SPECACT skins.

Got it a couple hours ago. woot woot. ^__^

"Now, if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish... Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry - an absolute death machine."
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: V0Lt4Ge
Saru786  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, funny story, I actually bought the Ultimate Edition of the game and I didn't even know. Like I didn't see the top of the cover saying it was the Ultimate Edition. My eye only caught the guy with the gun and I automatically picked it up. Then I get home and only until after I open the case do I realize I picked it up.

I need stronger eyeglasses. :P

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
lol...I just bought it for the 360. I like it, but I also kinda hate it. It has flaws that make me angry, yet it has exciting moments that make me....well...excited!

My favorite map is definitely Atacama Desert for Rush and Conquest. But for Squad Deathmatch(which I'm amazing at btw), all of them just work.

flaws such as?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
Saru786  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudFuel wrote:
Saru786 wrote:

flaws such as?

Well the knifing in this game kinda reminds of the knifing in CoD. And by that, I mean the problem. In CoD when you knife somebody, sometimes it won't kill them, even though the animation was complete. Same thing happens in BC2. It happened multiple times aswell. I knifed some guy like 2 times and the animation worked but it didn't kill him. He turns around and kills me. :/

I also hate how the chopper respawns in like 30 seconds after one goes down. I know you can just blow it up, but I hate having to do it like every minute. And by the time I do blow it, I've died like 10 times. They should increase the respawn time of it.

Also, I'm not sure about the whole slug things or w/e for shotguns, but I assume they make the shotgun shoot further, right? Well, the shotguns in this game, even without the slug things, apparently can kill you a mile away. It happened multiple times where I'm running and I get like one shotted by a shotgun that was so far away from me. I don't understand how the shotguns work in this game. Really strange.

That's all really. But like I said, this game doesn't really suck at all. It has more pros than cons and overall, it's a good game. I've been playing it almost non-stop since I bought it. Quite addicting to roadkill people with a Quadbike! xD

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
DPooch  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talk to my friends about how good this game is, but in reality, I'm so bad at it. My k/d (which I know is not the most important thing) used to be a steady .8 or .9 because I've always been negative in any shooter I've ever played. Nowadays, it was a steady .67, and has made its way down to .62, which is infuriating. I'll find myself going 1/11 a lot of the time, and just never, ever seem to do well, or at least go positive. My SPM and score in general fails to compare at all to my friends and other players, and it's gonna take me quite some time to get to level 50, if I ever make it there. I'm trying to force myself to unlock everything in all the kits, but I keep going back to Medic, which I've completed. Running around reviving people seems like the only fun thing to do since I have little success killing anyone, even in a killing class. Sick of getting sniped everywhere and I can't counter it because I'm bad at that, too.

But the game is still good for some reason, it's a mystery. I guess I just enjoy the realism.

Edit:
Saru786 wrote:
I also hate how the chopper respawns in like 30 seconds after one goes down. I know you can just blow it up, but I hate having to do it like every minute. And by the time I do blow it, I've died like 10 times. They should increase the respawn time of it.

This, so much. I'm tired of being on a defending side in Rush and there's constantly two helicopters hovering in circles over us and nobody seems to care. I plant tracer darts on them and still nothing happens as I continue to get wrecked.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the shotguns, the slug upgrade basically has no downside. You can snipe with them, they'll one hit or two at any distance and in a way are almost better than sniper rifles, if your able to hit people at distances without the scope, cause there is not much, if any, bullet drop using them. They aren't used as much as they use to I think, but they are both fun and ridiculous lol

Knifing does have it's problems. Personally I like BC2's more, which tends to be more reliable, but much like CoD that has a lock on attack for doing so, I don't really get why they do that, when it ends up having problems. Has me hoping it's changes with BF3, since your able to pull out your knife and keep it out.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, in BC2, k/d is the last thing on my mind. I rather just run over people with quad bikes for fun and repair every tank in my sights for the points. I just can't stop repairing, even THATS addicting! xD

What I hope they change in BF3 is the chopper respawn time. Thats honestly the only thing that makes me rage in this game when I die from it. In Conquest, whichever side gets to the chopper first and does the most damage first, that side usually ends up winning. Unless, somehow, you find a nice place to hide from the chopper while trying to cap a flag, but even then, with the Frostbite Engine 1.5, that is nearly impossible.

Edit: Woah, wait a sec, sniping with a shotgun? wtf?

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah with the slugs, no drop or distance restrictions. They kinda goofed on that lol Shotgun sniping is alot of fun. I do it sometimes as my sniper class lol

I personally don't have that much of a problem with chopper maps. Most maps have two choppers an AA usually aside from like one map or so and unless the chopper pilot is REALLY good, they aren't hard to take down with normal kits or tanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: