Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
English football season 2012-13
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: English football season 2012-13 Reply with quote

Resurrecting this rather than starting another thread, because why not. Discussion of season 2012-13 starts on page 8.

Let me know who you support if you want adding to the list:

Quote:
Team - User

Arsenal - ShonSuperstar, sportsboy85
Everton - RLKDragon, GesterX
Ipswich Town - Rtsdeathreaper
Leeds United - Nyumi
Manchester United - Kinitawowi, boss1592, superspaz117
Norwich City - thecaptainof
Wolverhampton Wanderers - Dodongo

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?

Last edited by thecaptainof on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 11 times in total
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been getting more and more into the EPL in the past few years. And I get more and more annoyed that the team I chose to back, Everton FC, has done pretty mediocre, despite having Tim Howard, one of the greatest keepers of all time. Though they did place second in the FA Cup in 2009, I still feel they should go and make some big moves to challenge the likes of Man U and Chelsea.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have so much sympathy for Everton. They've got a great manager who's done wonderful things, but they just haven't got the budget or the name to bring in those extra couple of players they need to push on. It's looking like another season of painful mid-table obscurity.

Manchester United fan over here, and I'm not entirely sure where we're going right now. Let's just say we're a side in transition. I'm also keeping an eye out on the nearest thing I ever had to a local team - Kings Lynn Town of the United Counties Football League.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinitawowi wrote:
I have so much sympathy for Everton. They've got a great manager who's done wonderful things, but they just haven't got the budget or the name to bring in those extra couple of players they need to push on.

That's pretty much what I was gonna say. I thought they gave a reasonable account of themselves last season, though.

I've always gone into the season figuring that the big four will completely dominate... although in the grand scheme of things I don't much care which of them takes the title. I guess I'd like it to be Arsenal for a change, if only because it'd shut my brother up, but... ehh. I don't see it happening.

But aye, I always felt like I should keep tabs on a non-league team, if only to keep hold of the "it's about the sport, not the celebrity" thing that so often gets lost in the Premier League. My mate would be upset if I didn't consider Welling United...

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
ShonSuperStar  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an Arsenal fan who's had enough, and I have no faith in Wenger to sort it out either.

GesterX - "This has got to be one of Wales' top 5 accomplishments of all time. "
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Shon Super Star
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
But aye, I always felt like I should keep tabs on a non-league team, if only to keep hold of the "it's about the sport, not the celebrity" thing that so often gets lost in the Premier League. My mate would be upset if I didn't consider Welling United...

Well, I've always followed Kings Lynn as a retort to those people who bellow "Manchester United?! You glory hunter! Why don't you support your local team?!" And given that I grew up in Hunstanton - 45 miles from the nearest league side - I didn't really have a proper local team to support (Hunstanton played in a local Sunday league sometimes), so I couldn't. The Linnets were who was on the back of the Lynn News so I sort of had an interest in them (saw them live at The Walks a couple of times, and then there was their famous FA Cup run about five years back that got them on to Sky).

"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really had the problem of not having a local team, but for some reason I didn't end up supporting any of them. There's five teams within 10 miles of where I spent my first 8 years (just outside London), nowadays my nearest league team is within 20 miles but it's not the team I support. I'm actually starting to apply for jobs in the Norwich area now that I'm done with university - aside from the football, I've got a handful of friends and family up there and it's a really nice city so I figure there's no reason why I couldn't base myself there.

ShonSuperstar wrote:
I'm an Arsenal fan who's had enough, and I have no faith in Wenger to sort it out either.

My brother is exactly the same, and understandably so... Christ knows what's going on there. I've always had massive respect for Wenger but he's losing it fast.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ipswich supporter here Hopefully they can accomplish something good with Jewell now managing, Roy Keane did a TERRIBLE job with them. I'd bet that if they kept him they would've got relegated. It's a shame really they sold their best player though, but fair enough they did get a hefty amount for him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtsdeathreaper wrote:
Ipswich supporter here

Yeah, you're banned from this topic.

But, seriously: Keane would've seen you relegated, no doubt - I'm surprised he lasted to the new year, to be honest. It's hard for me to say this but... you didn't deserve that. Wickham leaving is a bit of a blow but at least there's a decent amount of money to throw at filling the gap.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
boss1592  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manchester united fan here, and let me just say that i cannot wait for the season to get started. hopefully this year we can retain the title and make a strong push for the champions league this year, i mean we were clearly screwed in the final by referees, im joking of course, we were totally thrashed by a majestic team, but yea, hopefully we can give them a better fight this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Benster26  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShonSuperStar wrote:

Gervinio(?) looks pretty good I think, he might actually bring to arsenal what chamkh failed too, a decent, 20 goal a season striker. The next Drogba, maybe

Back on the 11th!
boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benster26 wrote:
ShonSuperStar wrote:

Gervinio(?) looks pretty good I think, he might actually bring to arsenal what chamkh failed too, a decent, 20 goal a season striker. The next Drogba, maybe

It wont make much of a difference, he's not going to be getting any support from mid because fabregas looks like he's off to spain. arsenal need nothing short of a much improved goalkeeper, a big experianced center back, a new creative hub in the midfield, and a striker that isnt going to be spending 80% of the season out injured. unless they get all that before the end of august, then their hopes of a top 4 finish are, in my estimation, unrealistic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss1592 wrote:
arsenal need nothing short of a much improved goalkeeper, a big experianced center back, a new creative hub in the midfield, and a striker that isnt going to be spending 80% of the season out injured.

In other words, exactly what EVERYBODY has been saying they need for the last five seasons.

Wenger's convinced he can get around this by playing Barcelona / Ajax / Netherlands '74 style Total Football because he thinks that's the formula that will win him the only trophy he wants - the Champions League. But Barcelona are simply better at it than Arsenal are and the team's not physically or mentally strong enough to challenge domestically. In a metaphorical and literal sense, they need a backbone.

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Particularly since the minor crisis earlier in the year that saw them dragging Lehmann out of retirement, the fact that Arsenal haven't signed a reliable, experienced keeper is almost mind-boggling. I've got a feeling Szczesny will be really good with a bit more experience but for now they need someone else to help fill the hole.

EDIT: apparently Arsenal have had a £10m bid for Phil Jagielka rejected. That's maybe a couple of million short, but word is Everton are looking for up to £20m which I reckon is pushing it a bit.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
sportsboy85  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShonSuperStar wrote:

Chalk me up for the Gunners' fan club. GIVE US SIGNINGS YOU FUCKING HACK

Inter I hope will do well in the Serie A though, huge Maicon and Inter fan here.

I also hope Liverpool goes about beating the lot of the Premiership (except my Arsenal of course). Luis Suarez <3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: