ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Adrenaline, the jitters, and narrowly missing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joker  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Adrenaline, the jitters, and narrowly missing Reply with quote

I had an experience (finally 5*ing BATM, BTW) last night that really made me understand the second level of gameplay that you reach after getting decent at this game. I worked feverishly for the last 2 weeks to 5* BATM, and last night before I finally got it, my nerves caused me to f*ck up the last chorus and nearly fail on the second solo (a part i usually nail 95-100%). I missed 5*ing it by less than 1000 points, but got it the next go-around.

Does anyone have this problem, and does anyone know how to overcome it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get jitters when I finally full combo a song I've been trying for awhile on. i nearly had a full meltdown towards the end of take it off-expert when I full combo'd that.

no..no advice for you. It happens. However, once you 5 star batm-expert on a regular basis..you'll no longer get jitters. It seems to be that first time that does it.
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrenaline, the jitters, and narrowly missing Reply with quote

joker wrote:
Does anyone have this problem,

Just happened to me on Frankenstein the other day... I had plateau'd around 25k short of 5* for a while now, then I had a run where I KNEW I was going to get it. Missed the last SP, ran out of SP during the end chords, and lost my combo on the single note strumrun.

1011 points short. Unlike your next run though, my next few runs were right back around 150k, where they had been for months.

Quote:
and does anyone know how to overcome it?

Have you tried going Pete Townshend on your SG? I dunno about it helping on a 5*, but it should relieve some stress.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always f*** up the end of iron man. i mostly always get the solo, but the end part screws me up.
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whenever i manage to get through to solo on tripp i usually need to pause beacause my arms start shaking and my vision blurs for a couple seconds. im good after a short breather though, and the rest of the song isnt to hard, but this happens every time i manage to survive that damn solo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always happens to me with The Breaking Wheel...like I can play every single part of the song, and sometimes I get over a 1000-note streak from the beginning, but somehow I always screw up cause I mentally get all jittery..like I can hear this voice in my head that's like "You're doing awesome! Don't f*** up now!" and then... *dink*....I feel like I get more jittery now than I used to before I got really high scores, because now, there's literally no margin for error. Like a lot of times now, if I screw up once, it's over....the frequency of restarting songs has increased 20 fold, probably.

ES, random...congrats to you man, I really don't know how you got through The Breaking Wheel without getting all mentally jittery...because I know at this point it's only mental, and I keep making one stupid mistake somewhere every time.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
ES, random...congrats to you man, I really don't know how you got through The Breaking Wheel without getting all mentally jittery...because I know at this point it's only mental, and I keep making one stupid mistake somewhere every time.

Hey! You forgot me already! Maybe I need to knock off that GR2R score to remind you who I am!
popemobile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
JHetfield0816 wrote:

Hey! You forgot me already! Maybe I need to knock off that GR2R score to remind you who I am!

You motorboatin' son of a bitch
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OMG popemobile....congratulations...you just made me laugh out loud like a moron in a quiet, Japanese-teacher-filled office. Can't wait to explain my way out of this one...

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
JHetfield0816 wrote:

Hey! You forgot me already!

You forgot me too. That 100% is probably my best achievement and as I've said somewhere else, I seriously have no idea how I got through the ending in the state my mind and body was in. I was still shaking for a good 15 minutes after that run.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
ES, random...congrats to you man, I really don't know how you got through The Breaking Wheel without getting all mentally jittery...

On my first real chance at a FC on TBW, I screwed up with 4 notes to go, which is crazy because there's not even anything remotely hard at that point. In fact, I'd say those are about the 4 easiest notes in the song. So yeah, lucky for me I never get "all mentally jittery"
zawisza926  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really feel like a loser...I'm the only one in the top 10 to not FC Unsung...
I can't stand it! Also, the Breaking wheel just bugs me. I always miss the same note and then I get mad at myself and screw up even more.
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone does this, at all levels. To my name, I have a total of one full clears ever. Across any difficulty. (I'm sure I could FC songs on easy if I bothered to go back, but that's not the point.)
silencer  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
Everyone does this, at all levels. To my name, I have a total of one full combo ever. Across any difficulty. (I'm sure I could FC songs on easy if I bothered to go back, but that's not the point.)

joker  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys have no idea how much better i feel now that i know that even the best players have this problem. i was getting ready to go get an MRI and a CAT scan to see if i had brain damage...

of course, i probably need to get them anyway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: