ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rearranging the Difficulty of Guitar Hero Songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silencer  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take, based on expert difficulty:
Opening Licks
I Love Rock and Roll
I Wanna Be Sedated
Smoke on the Water
Thunderkiss '65
Stellar

Axe Grinders
Infected
Unsung
You Got Another Thing Comin'
Sharped Dressed Man
More Than a Feeling

Thrash and Burn
Killer Queen
Hey You
Take Me Out
Take It Off
Iron Man

Return of the Shred
Fat Lip
Ziggy Stardust
Heart Full of Black
Cochise
Symphony of Destruction

Fret Burners
Spanish Castle Magic
Higher Ground
Godzilla
No One Knows
Crossroads

Face Melters
Ace of Spades
Frankenstein
Texas Flood
Cowboys from Hell
Bark at the Moon

To me, Unsung, Infected, You Got Another Thing Comin' are incredibly easy - it's a very steady pace of fairly simple chords. The ones that kill me are fast and not a steady pace - like Ace of Spades, CfH, BatM. The solos in Iron Man and Symphony of Destruction move them into more difficulty categories..
ensockerbagare  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
dspoonrt wrote:

Go play Stellar again. It's like chewing gum and walking, but without the gum.

rofl

..I gotta remember this line...

...but just so this is not a complete waste of a post. I think steller is very, very easy for experienced players...but I can see those new to the game, or those who struggle with hard having problems with it. Mostly due to the fact that the main riff is constantly having you go from Green to Orange. A lot of people have problems with that Orange button. Especially when it is part of a chord thrown in. I've met some people who just get to those notes in this song and just kinda freeze.

The problem with Stellar for me wasn't really the positioning of the riff... It was that the song couldn't keep a freaking steady tempo for more than 8 notes.
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are moving up Infected, but keeping I Wanna Be Sedated in the opening licks? Man. I have no trouble at all with Infected(as a matter of fact, it's my best song in the group, and probably in the game), but I Wanna Be Sedated constantly gives me trouble. I can't seem to even 4 star it.

(Yeah, I know. OMG NOOB)
KetchuponEggs  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its full of trickery and deceit on expert, if thats the mode you're playing on. so yeah, i'd move that down a notch on expert only.

<Fenster> eh
<Fenster> 89 is only 7 less
<Fenster> what's 7 quite bitter beings when you already have 89
* You were kicked from #toys by Echelar (MAGIC PENIS BOX-HO)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Toxin066 PSN Name: Toxin066
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KetchuponEggs wrote:
its full of trickery and deceit on expert, if thats the mode you're playing on. so yeah, i'd move that down a notch on expert only.

Yeah, I play on expert.

Infected seems to be pretty straightforwards to me, though, and the solo lasts for like three seconds. I mean, I've got a score of 260k, and I barely hit any of the notes in the solo.
ES942  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somke on the water kicked my ass for a couple of weeks on expert, it gave me the most trouble out of any song.
SixStringSlut  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an odd thread for me, because right off the bat when I decided to go through 4-starring Expert, the only 3-star I had in Opening Licks was I Wanna Be Sedated. I instantly 5*'d it.

I went up, going for more 4 stars, went back and started going for 5*'s. All of the opening licks fell on the first try (they were already 4*'s the initial run through so I didn't play them when i first got back into this). Then Sharp Dressed Man and Take Me Out gave me hella trouble to 5*. I doubt I'll ever play Take Me Out again... I despise that song.

Other notables that gave me trouble (First 20 songs, 5*) were Killer Queen, Fat Lip, and Cochise. I really didn't think I'd have to go back and practice so hard to get 5*'s on some of these, especially Cochise.

Anyways, since I've gone through and 5*'d the first 20 songs, I've decided to go back to increase my scores so they'll all be above one of my friends, just to brag... and I've found that after playing Texas Flood a billion times and working on 5*ing Godzilla and a whole bunch of the Bonus Songs, I SUCK at the early songs. He's still winning at Iron Man, Stellar, and Ziggy. Granted I haven't tried very hard, but I figured I should shatter my old scores after doing so much of the hard stuff, but I didn't even match some of my older scores, much less beat them by any worth-recording margin.

As for switching difficulty, I think everything is fine just the way it is. It's clear to me that they meant for the 5th song in each category to be harder than the earlier song(s) of the next categories. Like Crossroads to Godzilla, Crossroads is clearly harder, but it was the "boss" of that level, and Godzilla was the training level of the last dungeon. Or something.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SixStringSlut wrote:
As for switching difficulty, I think everything is fine just the way it is. It's clear to me that they meant for the 5th song in each category to be harder than the earlier song(s) of the next categories. Like Crossroads to Godzilla, Crossroads is clearly harder, but it was the "boss" of that level, and Godzilla was the training level of the last dungeon. Or something.

QFT. That's exactly how I was trying to phrase it, but I just couldn't think of the words.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
but I can see those new to the game, or those who struggle with hard having problems with it. Mostly due to the fact that the main riff is constantly having you go from Green to Orange. A lot of people have problems with that Orange button. Especially when it is part of a chord thrown in. I've met some people who just get to those notes in this song and just kinda freeze.

Which is probably why it was the first song I ever failed. I've cleared expert, albeit I'm very inconsistent on a few songs and just lucky to finish, but I've got that orange button thing down by now.

You can say what you will about Stellar being easy. It is. Very easy. Just like Killer Queen.

And to the last few replies, I think Sedated is fairly easy, just takes some adaptation and have to stay off autopilot. The only reason Infected is creeping into the second arena isn't because anyone thinks Infected is hard, but moreso that something past it (usually Iron Man) is easy.
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Man's solo is just as hard if not harder than Infected's, considering it lasts about 4 times as long. I'd say they are about even difficulty-wise. I have no probably keeping Iron Man second tier.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Azuarc  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I certainly can't argue with that. It really depends on if you're ranking these by difficulty to clear, to 5-star, or to FC. I'm thinking more towards clear or maybe 5. Iron Man is probably harder in the same way that Symphony of Destruction keeps its position.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: