ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero 2 (Coming Late 2010)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/01/24/dj-hero-2-mixing-up-incredible-talent/

Incredibly vague yet exciting statements
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear they are looking for both songs and features. But I sorta assumed they'd be doing both..

The real thing I'm hoping for, and doubt will happen, is a re-design of the controller. I 100% believe a new design with 2 turn tables would be the best move, and believe that they could do this while maintaining both the compatibility of the dj1 platter with dj2, and the two platter table with dj1.

But I doubt that will happen... no matter how sweet it would be...

everything else that I'm hoping for, I believe we'll get. Great disc tracks, more dlc, better controller design (which I think sadly will continue the dj1 controller design, just improved play from it), better graphics, custom dj creation (on some level)

Maybe even track exporting so we can keep our dj1 tracks and dlc to play on dj2?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah good, I can pick up the DJ controller + game bundle when it's out. Need a new turntable controller (as seen from my previous post) Hopefully the build quality is better...
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Hero 2 already......?

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:
DJ Hero 2 already......?

While it does seem pretty soon to have dj2 here already... remember it is going to be an end of the year release.

Plus, with dj 1 being somewhere between gh1 and gh2 for play-ability... it would be nice for them to make a proper gh3 quality game, ya know, where we can actually play everything the way it is supposed to be played lol ^_~

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
gh3

Grimnir wrote:
play everything the way it is supposed to be played

HOPOs.
Make sure you're hitting the drum controller
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nardi11011 wrote:
Grimnir wrote:
gh3

Grimnir wrote:
play everything the way it is supposed to be played

HOPOs.

Sry I completely ignore the argument between gh2, 3, wt, 5, and rb hopo timing...

I'm talking about the fact that you can play something by pressing the buttons when you're supposed to press them. In dj hero it doesn't work that way... if it did, they could have ramped up the difficulty on these and we'd be getting more consistent scores.

The way it is now, I can miss many times in a song where I am 100% sure I played it "correctly"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:

I'm talking about the fact that you can play something by pressing the buttons when you're supposed to press them.

But that's the whole crux of the argument with GH3 - you can also FC a section by pressing the buttons far before you are supposed to press them. (Which actually helps on Monkey Wrench v Sabotage, I've found.)

And once I nailed down my calibration, I really haven't had any sections that I knew I "nailed" and didn't recieve full credit for, apart from the fast-taps-in-a-row type stuff. I know I'm late to the party with this game, and maybe it's been universally agreed upon here that's the case.

Or maybe GH3/4/5 and their giant timing windows have caused rhythm gamers to get sloppy. :-P

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, we aren't talking about timing windows. We're talking about things like - if the platter rotates on a green or blue tap, it often causes it to miss by adding a scratch after the tap. And - the weird and inconsistent timing windows for fast spams of a single note. Or - How difficult it is to do an up up or down down scratch. This is not really a difficult thing to do, but the game engine doesn't do it well, making it difficult (well that, and having to chase the buttons around the platter)

This is NOT a debate about timing windows.. this is about game ~bugs~

gh1 was buggy, gh3 was not. As I said, dj1 seems to be between gh1 and gh2 in terms of game quality. Meaning, like gh1, it has bugs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP:

not much news about DJH2, BUT this page explains that Activision is reducing the number of SKU's from 25 to 10 and they are also cutting off support for their PS2 game lineup...

...and it also confirms that the two major games of this year (Guitar Hero 6[?] and DJ Hero 2) as being released late within the 2010 year, so i would predict an October/November release at least for DJH2.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah I hope they quit making ps2 games... the console is great, but making all these games for older systems really holds them back. ps3 and 360 have been out so fuckin long, let the ps2 die already O_O

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
Again, we aren't talking about timing windows. We're talking about things like - if the platter rotates on a green or blue tap, it often causes it to miss by adding a scratch after the tap. And - the weird and inconsistent timing windows for fast spams of a single note. Or - How difficult it is to do an up up or down down scratch. This is not really a difficult thing to do, but the game engine doesn't do it well, making it difficult (well that, and having to chase the buttons around the platter)

This is NOT a debate about timing windows.. this is about game ~bugs~

gh1 was buggy, gh3 was not. As I said, dj1 seems to be between gh1 and gh2 in terms of game quality. Meaning, like gh1, it has bugs.

People new to the game or those who can't get the incredibly high scores can't see the issues. It's like in DDR with padmisses, ppl who are average heavy players claim player error, when us who can actually AAA all of DDR know the pad is the one missing steps.
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's true... maybe that is why so many games are released so buggy these days. Maybe it's because they don't hire epic level players to play test the game. They just run it through some basic tests, and release it... then the epic players hit the game and are like wtfhax b/c it's got bugs lol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
1 thing and 1 thing only: Better turntable design. No over-scratches on rewinds or anything. Give me that and I'll be happy.

THIS x1000. And custom mixes, practice mode(breakdown songs), among other things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: P0WAH0USE
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we would get custom mixes in DJ hero (How the hell would you do it without copyright infringements ), But how about this ??

1 Single player
2 Player Co-op mode
Double Deck Mode.

Double deck would ask you to control the 2 decks independently, like using real decks. If it was done right, it would be pretty cool

Also, change those ''DISABLED SAVING'' stuff for cheats that AREN'T ACTUALLY CHEATS !!!

And fix all those horrible bugs, like guitar tapping.

Instrument support ?? Drums ??

Also, if doing any more instrument support, how about when the DJ reverse's, the notes for everything appears like normal rather than reverseing the highways.
Reverse to the nearest beat of 1/2/3/4/1/2/3/4. based on pre-decided amount of Euphoria.

DJ Battles ??? Like in nightclubs or something ??

Oh, and i dont like dance music, but loved DJ Hero, so they did something right !!!

EDIT : 1000 POSTS !!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: