ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ScoreHero Madness round 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machchunk  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed you have Match 20 flipped. I'm 2nd seed, kajota is 7th.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc - You have a great idea here, but you rely on everyone to be honest... which I think the majority will... and even those who aren't will eventually get theirs, I'm sure.

I like the idea of it basically being the NCAA meets Guitar Hero, the only thing I'd suggest (next time around) is maybe to have all of this information out to the public PRIOR to trying to get people to sign up? Ya might get more people interested that way... plus so far this looks like a success.. and ya know we'll gossip about it and be looking forward to the next one... so I think it's safe to say with a bit of tweaking here and there... you've got yourself a golden egg here.

My only question, must've missed it somewhere, is why you have the brackets named after the song brackets in GH2... but the songs we're playing don't reflect the same? Just curious.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudFuel wrote:
Azuarc - You have a great idea here, but you rely on everyone to be honest... which I think the majority will... and even those who aren't will eventually get theirs, I'm sure.

No other way. It's the spirit of ScoreHero.

Quote:
I like the idea of it basically being the NCAA meets Guitar Hero, the only thing I'd suggest (next time around) is maybe to have all of this information out to the public PRIOR to trying to get people to sign up?

I started a thread 2 weeks ahead of the sign-up thread that got moved to tournaments and nobody seemed to bite on it. Yet, as soon as I made a sign-up thread, I was able to fill up to 32 fairly quickly, and when I announced we were *starting*, I gradually got everyone else.

Quote:
My only question, must've missed it somewhere, is why you have the brackets named after the song brackets in GH2... but the songs we're playing don't reflect the same? Just curious.

The NCAA names their four brackets after the regions the teams come from. That doesn't make any sense here, but I wanted to call them something. So I borrowed the concept from an old video game poll tournament at Gamespy and named them simply identifiable. I don't have the Amp Warmers play Amp Warmers songs because it would be pretty lame if you got stuck playing Misirlou and Hangar 18 for your round 1 and round 2 songs when somebody else had to play Heart Shaped Box and Strutter. Plus there's only 5 songs in a set and I'd need 7 for the whole "division". (I'm not using the word bracket since that refers to 16-person clusters, or to the entire tournament tree.)

I wanted to actually not have people feel condemned to particular songs til they were actually told what to play, and I wanted everyone to play something different so we could truly sample all of Guitar Hero 2, so instead I'm using a song-selecting pattern that moves down the setlist and will hit every song on its own. I know what every song will be up until the finals, regardless of who gets into them. There are a couple lame song positionings, and some people will play better songs than others, but I've at least guaranteed a couple good songs for the semis.

I sent out notice a little early to the Relentless Riffs folks. About midnight last night. Hopefully I'll hear back from the last String-Snappers (day 3 people) today.

Day 6 features:

Zawisza926 vs grenamuhnades
skogsharald vs rhkmb1120
saxev2005 vs ellijos5
suspectfenster vs tommy2000

Who are your favorites? Who will win?
fcphantom  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
My LtR run was epic... It lagged right after the first chord of my "no goin back run"

Pause -> Mute -> ? -> Profit

I'm happy that I even 5*ed it... I rely heavily on music.

You could have just kept playing since you were up against my patheticness at that song. Oh well, at least I'm leading my league right now.
saxev2005  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eachann wrote:
lol.. I'm not sure how I got put into this tournament, but i'm not complaining I'm always happy to compete. I thought this tourney was just for the top players though. Me vs ES942 is a huge joke But I'll do my best! Course even with my best ES can close his eyes, turn off the volume and play with his feet and still win haha...

hahahahahaha

I really don't know anything about the guy I'm playing. Rankings mean nothing when you get ONE chance to play ONE song. So, I have no idea who's going to win my match.....predictions anyone?

GH GOALS (EXPERT):
20 mil (GH2)
Top 100 (GH 80s)
20.5 mil (GH3)
Spoon333  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well around here for march madness you grab 10 bucks, throw it in a pot with all your friends, take the NCAA tournament bracket and make all of your picks....whoever comes the closest wins and takes all the money. Since I dont think we could bet cross country on this(although paypal makes it possible ) i think it'd still be interesting to see who comes the closest (and azuarc seems to be encouraging this, as he should, it's what march madness is all about!!!)

so here's my bracket, i wanted to pick more upsets, but with such a large difference in ranks it's kinda hard, zawisza is my dark horse tho, you gotta come through for me buddy!!!

Tahmer  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the fact that you're probly right about where i'm gunna get taken out.
Matt276  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a #1 seed can really be considered a "dark horse."

Tahmer wrote:
I hate the fact that you're probly right about where i'm gunna get taken out.

I hope so, but I'm not that far ahead of you in overall rank. It should be close. And if we get Misirlou, then I'm done. My average score on that song is like 170k.
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had more prep time before jumping in, I would have published the bracket and tried to get folks to make up their own predictions. You're still welcome to do so, of course. I'd post my own predictions, but, um, that would probably be improprietary. I shouldn't really have been in the tournament in the first place. (You are right about one thing: Emptyset will fill a wild card slot somewhere. If I end up with any other double defaults though, I'm going to have a wild card playoff out of all the folks who went down in round 1, so he might not end up *there*.)

To Matt276: In fairness, if I wanted to rate the brackets on 16 seeds like the NCAA instead of 8, Zawisza would be a 2 seed behind Kov. And I'm at work, so I don't have my list of songs in front of me and could be dead wrong, but I think Misirlou might very well be the song you'd end up playing in round 3 if you get that far. (EDIT: nope, it's in the round 3 Furious Fretwork final. You missed it by one, and get an FC-fest instead.)
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn there goes my one chance.

On a good note the song i had to play for Round 1 I FCd for my very first time. Not to mention i had practiced the Star Power path (which i never do) 10 times before hand to memorize it. Using the SP Paths seem to be a very good idea that i was too stubborn to resort to until now.
kajota  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
I noticed you have Match 20 flipped. I'm 2nd seed, kajota is 7th.

That would have looked like an upset!

I beat my previous score by 90,000 and still lost by 110,000 or so.

Where's the NIT?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kajota PSN Name: kajota
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if you noticed this but there is a slight error in your first post on the days.

Quote:
Furious Fretwork round 1
Sunday, March 11 - Wednesday March 14

Match 25: (Rock This Town)
(1) wealreadyknow: submitted
(8) bwfrenc52:

Match 26: (Hangar 18)
(4) EskimoTrousers:
(5) U-1:

Match 27: (Less Talk More Rokk)
(3) Nulien: submitted
(6) ironman234:

Match 28: (Thunderhorse)
(2) daevlol: submitted
(7) ImaCarrot1:

Face Melters round 1
Monday, March 12 - Wednesday March 15

I beleive there is only one wednesday a week lol.
rhkmb1120  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo hoo!! winner by defualt!!

" Be you angels? And we said nay, we are but men. Rock!!" - Tenacios D, Tribute
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoon:
I think I can take wealreadyknow. If only because I'm in AAA1 and he's in AAA2.

I could have a bad run though

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahmer wrote:
I beleive there is only one wednesday a week lol.

Well for those of you who don't live in the twilight zone, maybe. *points and laughs*

*cues awesome Twilight Zone music*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: