ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Band Hero Guitar FC Breakdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AGwaG  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulblax wrote:
Graf wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:
anyone who's played this game (or FC'd a majority of it... I'm looking at you, Graf)- how hard are the hardest songs? Like, what song would be comparable in difficulty to, say, I want you to want me? Thanks, it would give me an idea of how hard the song really is. (videos can never quite do justice...)

I liken it to being like Lust For Life. Lust For Life is a song of relative difficulty to I Want You To Want Me (Live), considering both have tricky parts and are considered tougher FC's, albeit not extremely hard FC's. I would say it is simlar to a song that someone may get in the 55-60 FC range on GH3. It's definitely harder to FC than a song like Rock You Like A Hurricane. It's not very hard, but it certainly isn't easy.

uhhh no lust for life is like 30-40 on GH3 scale and I watched a video of IWYTWM and it doesn't look that hard at all. RYLAH is much harder than both of them lol.

I I'm sortof inbetween. DEFINATELY not as hard as RYLAH, I'd put it more in the range of like L'via L'viaquez, or in GH3 maybe Stricken;I would put IWYTWM at about 45-52 range in GH3 based on the video. I haven't played it though, so I guess I should trust Graf, but some guy on youtube like thenewnoelison or whatever claims to have fced it on his sightread.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
The few I FCed above it took a considerable amount of time compared to a sightread FC of YMCA. Those songs being Take A Picture, Black Horse, Lifeline, Heard it through the Grapevine.

I haven't gotten any of those yet. I got Rio yesterday, but I don't know if I can get these. My guitar really likes overstrumming lately, at the worst possible times too (like the last 50 notes of Paralyzer :/)

I agree with Graf though, and I like his top song list
Nailuj  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree with Graf completely. While IWYTWM seems like it is relatively hard, I wouldn't think that it would take more than two tries after getting the strumming parts down in practice mode. I would probably say it's no harder than Same Old Song and Dance in GH3.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nailuj wrote:
I have to disagree with Graf completely. While IWYTWM seems like it is relatively hard, I wouldn't think that it would take more than two tries after getting the strumming parts down in practice mode. I would probably say it's no harder than Same Old Song and Dance in GH3.

I Want you to Want Me seems really hard to me, and I'm closer to fcing a lot of songs in GH5 than I am to this song. The strumming is really awkward.
Graf  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulblax wrote:
uhhh no lust for life is like 30-40 on GH3 scale and I watched a video of IWYTWM and it doesn't look that hard at all. RYLAH is much harder than both of them lol.

Nailuj wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and my opinion is that this song was harder for me to FC than RYLAH, and certainly harder than Same Old Song And Dance. RYLAH had one hard part, where IWYTWM had two. It reminded me of Lust For Life particularly because of the parts before the choruses, which was similar to some of the little parts in Lust For Life. Lust For Life was a tricky FC, but had no particularly hard parts in my opinion. When you look at any song it is easy to say, "Oh there is just that one strumming part and that one part in the solo other than that it is easy", but it isn't always true. FC'ing I Want You To Want Me felt just as hard as FC'ing Lust For Life. With Rock You Like A Hurricane it was just a matter of getting Solo 3 and not choking...this song was more demanding throughout and the solo was harder. Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. On video the song might seem easier to play, and some people very well could have FC'd it on their sightread, but that doesn't make it any less difficult than I felt it was as I played it. But to be fair, everyone is on a different skill level. I was overjoyed when I FC'd The Number of The Beast on GH3, but people like ukog try to FC it 666 times for a laugh.

When it comes down to it, both of you should play the game and see for yourself. If it is as easy as you think, it should be no problem when you play it. If that is the case - good for you, because that song gave me trouble, almost as much trouble as Black Cat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree IWYTWM isn't loleasy. It sure is way easier than the likes of Raining Blood, Scatterbrain, TKAR, Six, etc., but it does require concentration. When I put the game in, I thought I would get it in about half an hour. I got -6 on my sightread, so I was fine. It didn't take long for me to FC all the sections in practice, but I just couldn't seem to do it in a real run. Either I would make a dumb mistake before the solo, because I would release a fret too fast and not get the green HOPO to register, or I would mess up the strumming in Solo2, which is the hardest part of the song by far. I had to strum it like DUDDUD DU DUDUDU D (2:35 in the video) and it feels pretty awkward IMO. I alsot had two chokes post Solo 2, due to strange Strums/HOPOs mix that I tried to downstrum and stuff.

In other words, it's tricky.

Also, I'm currently going down the setlist in alphabetical order and... I'm up to I Heard It Through The Grapevine. WOW that song is non-sense. Whoever decided to chart a TTFAF intro like section with chords HOPO as the higher notes is a complete freak. Seriously, I have no problem at all with the trill, but hitting those HOPOs twice in the same run is going to be such a pain.

Beside that, not much to say. I got Black Cat on my first try. (Not sightread, second run.) I guess I got pretty good at learning to tap sections quickly lately. I'm sorry it caused you trouble Graf. And I sightread FCed Every Rose Has Its Thorn. The solo isn't hard at all when you practice it, but hitting it on sightread felt pretty good and made me :| haha. Also, other songs I found annoying to FC were:

-Black Horse And The Cherry Tree (Oh my god)
-Fascination
-Gasoline (O M G)

I'll try to finish the game up tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Scientist wrote:

Also, I'm currently going down the setlist in alphabetical order and... I'm up to I Heard It Through The Grapevine. WOW that song is non-sense. Whoever decided to chart a TTFAF intro like section with chords HOPO as the higher notes is a complete freak. Seriously, I have no problem at all with the trill, but hitting those HOPOs twice in the same run is going to be such a pain.

I'm a bad GH-player (TTFAF 500k) and I think BH is by far the easiest Activision-game I've played. I FC:ed I Heard It Through The Grapevine on my second try, after practicing the chords. My tip is to alt-strum everything, I never missed that way but I did miss a lot when I didn't.

EDIT: What the... I FC:ed the second hardest song in the game, on my first try after practicing the solo? Seriously the solo in Black Cat is nothing, I never missed the purple notes when tapping, the hardest part came after (a weird blue note among HOPO:s) which I sometimes missed.

Tried IWYTWM solo 2, is that the hardest part? Just tried it once but it wasn't hard at all, missed one note sloppily in the start else FC.

I have about 10 songs left to FC, and as a player who has FC:ed up to #32 in GH3 (except Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll... God I hate that solo) I can tell you right now that IWYTWM is NOWHERE near as hard as Rock You Like a Hurricane. It's on place #57? Nope, if I'm lucky I'll hit one of the three solos in that song...

You guys are obviously much better than I am, and since you FC:ed very hard songs in GH3 (rank #40 and higher), I think you don't really see the difference in difficulty between songs like that and the hardest songs in BH. Trust me, if you want I can upload all my other scores for you to laugh at...
11coblackwell  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to play through these songs and from what I've played so far I think that Black Cat should be the toughest FC. It has tapping part directly followed by the weird OBOY (?) part which is hard also. IWYTWM is hard but if you can figure out/get lucky on the YB part it isn't bad because the strumming isn't bad if you strum through the hammeron, making the first two parts merge into one triplet strumming sequence. Also, Take a Picture might deserve to go around Picture to Burn and Paralyzer (which should move down a little) because it is very easy to choke on and the others are short, and Paralyzer is easy if you anchor red. I got both of those in a couple of tries and Take a Picture will take some grinding because of the length, and hopefully I don't choke on the strumming at the end.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think american pie and naive need to go down (as in harder) several places. Picture to Burn is like... really easy, it ought to go up in my opinion.
prognostics  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sightread FC'd Rio... It's not hard at all imo.
I had a lot of trouble with YMCA though.

I Heard it through the Grapevine isn't hard if you strum the weird HOPO thing, but I didn't think to do that.

I HAVE FGFC'D THIS.

In my opinion...
65 IWYTWM(L)
64 Take A Picture
63 YMCA
Thom1234  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the viewpoint of a thoroughly terrible GH guitarist.

Black Cat should be a lot higher (easier,) IMO there is one slightly hard part in the solo, which I practiced twice and then FC'd the song on my first try. It should be around 57/58, since all of the songs ranked after that are harder for me.

Also, I feel that YMCA should be ranked as second hardest, as those violin runs are really tricky, much harder than the 1/2 second of difficulty in Black Cat.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prognostics wrote:
I sightread FC'd Rio... It's not hard at all imo.
I had a lot of trouble with YMCA though.

I Heard it through the Grapevine isn't hard if you strum the weird HOPO thing, but I didn't think to do that.

I HAVE FGFC'D THIS.

In my opinion...
65 IWYTWM(L)
64 Take A Picture
63 YMCA

take a picture? really? It's long and tedious, but the only technically tricky thing is the triplet strumming towards the end, which isn't hard at all if you're prepared for it (only missed once on SR, and that was in the strumming)

I think YMCA is pretty fine where it is on the list. Yeah the violin bits are weird, but they're also repetitive. If you can figure out this one bit, you won't have trouble on it. Having said that, when a tricky part repeats so much, it's easy to miss at least once. So yeah, I think it's original list placement is good.

I find paralyzer easier than most people think. I FC'd it second try, and I never had any issue with the
bits. However, I can see how some people would. That being the case, they only come up a few times, both relatively early in the song, and nothing else is that tough. I think it's easier to hit those twice then to stay consistent all the way through something like Kung Fu Fighting, or to hit the weird chords in I Heard it Through the Grapevine.
BobDole  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, in my opinion both Kung Fu Fighting and Y.M.C.A. (the two songs surrounding I Heard it Through the Grapevine) are pretty easy, and I didn't struggle too much with Black Cat (took maybe 5 runs to get it with no practice necessary). However, what the FUCK is up with the trill at the end of I Heard it Through the Grapevine?! Slider notes are supposed to be fixed in this game but I find myself getting random combo breaks on that trill for seemingly no reason. Maybe it's not the slider notes's fault and I just don't understand the rhythm (is there even one?) but nevertheless, that trill is hard. That song needs to be at least in the 60s. No way in hell is it easier than Y.M.C.A. I haven't played I Want You to Want Me (Live) yet so I'll just trust you guys that it's the hardest, but I personally would put I Heard it Through the Grapevine above Black Cat and everything else I've played so far just for that stupid trill.

Graf  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
OK, in my opinion both Kung Fu Fighting and Y.M.C.A. (the two songs surrounding I Heard it Through the Grapevine) are pretty easy, and I didn't struggle too much with Black Cat (took maybe 5 runs to get it with no practice necessary). However, what the FUCK is up with the trill at the end of I Heard it Through the Grapevine?! Slider notes are supposed to be fixed in this game but I find myself getting random combo breaks on that trill for seemingly no reason. Maybe it's not the slider notes's fault and I just don't understand the rhythm (is there even one?) but nevertheless, that trill is hard. That song needs to be at least in the 60s. No way in hell is it easier than Y.M.C.A. I haven't played I Want You to Want Me (Live) yet so I'll just trust you guys that it's the hardest, but I personally would put I Heard it Through the Grapevine above Black Cat and everything else I've played so far just for that stupid trill.

Practice makes perfect (as I am sure you know). In this case, the trill definitely has a rhythm. For me, I one-hand the trill when I play it, and while it hurts my hand and wrist to do so, it is the only way I usually FC the song. The trill's yellow notes are hard to follow, but you might notice that a yellow note lands on every other beat.

I marked the points where the yellow is on the beat line with green lines. This is only a portion of the trill, towards the end of it, but for the most part the song is at 117bpm, and it is in the 4/4 time signature. I am not certain, but I think these notes are 16th note triplets. That's why it may be harder to count in your head. Personally, I find that if I hit the notes faster than they really are, I can hit them every time. The combo misses you experience are probably from trying to hit the notes as they are, when counting 16th note triplets in a trill that long may not be the easiest thing to do at the same time. Try hitting the notes faster, whether by tapping or one-handing them.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
Totally simple solution: spam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: