ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Hardest song?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDLO  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Hardest song? Reply with quote

I've now played through the entire game on expert and I'm trying to determine what the hardest song is. Some people say that it's Noisia, but I thought Rockit was at least twice as hard. What do you guys think?
mikepalermo1  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find Rockit and Beats and Pieces to be incredibly harder than Groundhog.
To 5* at least.

xGoMxMAGGOT  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beats and Pieces is definitely harder. when i finally 5 star'd groundhog i could still only get 3 stars on Beats and Pieces
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikepalermo1 wrote:
I find Rockit and Beats and Pieces to be incredibly harder than Groundhog.
To 5* at least.
This.

Undoubtedly, GROUNDHOG (guys, stop mentioning it by "Noisia" that is the GROUP who made the song "Groundhog", and this can get confusing to some that don't know which mix it is.) is a hard mix, but Beats and Pieces and Rockit are also hard in it's own way.

Ok, pretty much Groundhog is like the "commercialized" hardest song while Rockit and B&P are the "little known HARD songs" in the game. Haven't you ever notice that most people who own the game always talk about Groundhog being the hardest? I think that one of the reasons why is because it was the FIRST mix shown to have extremely hard notes, scratch sequences and cross fade movements MONTHS before DJ Hero put up the clips for B&P and the Rockit Beat Juggle was never seen as a :30 clip, making it that much harder to find unless you own the game and get it as the Bonus Beat.

In my personal opinion, i think that all three are the hardest mixes in the game, B&P for straight up scratching, Rockit for mixing both scratches and buttons together in sequences, and Groundhog for just mixing all the techniques that you know from the game (plus that announcer guy makes it fun to play through the whole mix).

As far as getting score, i got a 5* on Groundhog but was only able to manage a 2* on both Rockit and B&P at the time, but after learning the techniques and the scratches, i was able to 5* them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comes down to a matter of opinion. It's a tossup between Beats and Pieces, Groundhog, and Rockit.

Personally... Ya know, I don't want to rate them myself, but I will explain exactly why each one is hard. Each one is ridiculously hard for a different reason.

Beats and Pieces - not much tapping or fading, but there is an absolutely ridiculous amount of scratching. You'll have nightmares of up and down triangle arrows in both green and blue variety. No other song has even HALF the amount of scratching as this song does.

Groundhog - Tapping. Lots and lots of tapping, and a moderate amount of spikes, fading and single-arrow/double-arrow scratching. Most of the difficulty of this song comes in the end with a ridiculous amount of repeated tapping of the buttons with occasional single-arrow scratches thrown in the mix. The fading and scratching isn't too difficult, but the tapping thrown in the mix and the repeated hits make this ending a beast.

Rockit - My personal favorite. This is a fader hell. With a lot of irritating directional scratches thrown in with the fader, and a moderate amount of doubletappies. There are also a few sections (mainly in the beginning and also again about 2/3rds of the way through the song) where there is an irritating amount of unidirectional scratching. Repeatedly scratching in the same direction. up up up up up up up up up up. down down down down down down down down down down. This is VERY difficult to combo, and then there are the sections before it and after it... lots of fading, lots of spikes thrown in, with irritatingly placed single-arrow scratches, or double-arrow scratches in the same direction... one section comes to mind... fade, down, fade, down, fade, down down, fade, down.

So to boil it down, what do you suck at the most?

If your answer is scratching, then the hardest of these three is Beats and Pieces, and the easiest will be Groundhog.

If your answer is tapping, then the hardest of these three will be Groundhog, and the easiest will be Beats and Pieces.

If your answer is fading, then the hardest will be Rockit and the easiest will be one of the other two, depending on whether you suck more at scratching or tapping.

I hope this answers your question. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
anonymous_104  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
For me it goes:

Beats and Pieces > Groundhog > Rockit in terms of hardest to easiest.

For me, personally, I'd say it goes...

Beats and Pieces > Rockit > Groundhog

I'm only better at Rockit because I play it *WAY* too much. Also, because I'm an old IIDX player, I'm just now learning to scratch in certain directions. Damn you, IIDX, and teaching me that I can scratch any direction I want!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Elements of Life vs. Satisfaction isn't overly complicated I still think that once it spells out DJ Hero the button taps get quite insane.

The Freebird of DJ Hero.
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
I still think that once it spells out DJ Hero the button taps get quite insane.

I'm not going to lie, I two-hand the buttons at that section.
Muckytears  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nytelyte wrote:
Azurite wrote:
For me it goes:

Beats and Pieces > Groundhog > Rockit in terms of hardest to easiest.

For me, personally, I'd say it goes...

Beats and Pieces > Rockit > Groundhog

I'm only better at Rockit because I play it *WAY* too much. Also, because I'm an old IIDX player, I'm just now learning to scratch in certain directions. Damn you, IIDX, and teaching me that I can scratch any direction I want!

this

also @ toymachine, once the section where lots of people use 2 hands for has been fcd quite a few times, i think a full song fc will come soon after. i can frequently fc pretty much everything outside of that bit, i nearly fc'd the outro today, but it is much more chokeable than any other song i think

insanewizard9  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Although Elements of Life vs. Satisfaction isn't overly complicated I still think that once it spells out DJ Hero the button taps get quite insane.

The Freebird of DJ Hero.

Am I the only one who didn't pick up on the spelling of DJ Hero in the song, until I read it on here...?

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't pick up on that until someone pointed it out to me. I think it's a pretty cool easter egg.

And I definitely think that elements v satisfaction is harder to break a mil on because it's point ceiling is much lower than groundhog and rockit. As a song in general, score vs it's score ceiling, it is much easier.

rockit and groundhog... Playing between the two I definitely rate groundhog harder to fc, because of it's last 2 verses. However it's verse 1-3 are sooo easy to fc and rewind whore that it's pretty easy to break a mil on.

the reason i saw rockit is the easier fc is because there is no section in rockit I haven't been able to hit. It's all about getting the consistincy and song familiarity to pull it in one go. However groundhog's verse 4 and 5 have many places where i Just haven't been able to hit it at all...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

insanewizard9 wrote:
toymachine wrote:

The Freebird of DJ Hero.

Am I the only one who didn't pick up on the spelling of DJ Hero in the song, until I read it on here...?
I didn't notice that either. My mind is now blown.

I think the four hardest songs are this and the "main three" that everyone is talking about. In terms of easiest to hardest for me personally I'd say:

Satisfaction/Elements of Life -> Groundhog -> Beats and Pieces -> Rockit

This is based on how easily I was able to 5-star it, pretty much. S/E I 5*'d on sightread, Groundhog took like two or three tries (if you can hit the first parts well enough you should get a high enough score from them), Beats and Pieces I SOMEHOW 5-starred on my 3rd attempt at it, and Rockit took maybe a half-dozen tries or so.
mikepalermo1  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
insanewizard9 wrote:
toymachine wrote:

The Freebird of DJ Hero.

I didn't notice that either. My mind is now blown.

I think the four hardest songs are this and the "main three" that everyone is talking about. In terms of easiest to hardest for me personally I'd say:

Satisfaction/Elements of Life -> Groundhog -> Beats and Pieces -> Rockit

This is based on how easily I was able to 5-star it, pretty much. S/E I 5*'d on sightread, Groundhog took like two or three tries (if you can hit the first parts well enough you should get a high enough score from them), Beats and Pieces I SOMEHOW 5-starred on my 3rd attempt at it, and Rockit took maybe a half-dozen tries or so.

I have the same order except I still have yet to FC Beats and Pieces and Rockit.
Got 4 star on B&P and 3 star on Rockit

nesdude  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

insanewizard9 wrote:

The... the fast part near the end, the button spam... oh man, it DOES spell out DJ Hero! Crazy!

Difficulty in order for me (easy to hard) would probably be:

Satisfaction/Elements -> Groundhog -> Rockit -> Beats and Pieces

I have yet to 5* B&P because I fall apart after 2 speed ups. It seems that if I can get the first two euphorias and get a few rewinds before it gets TOO fast I'll be able to nab the 5*. Rockit took some interesting euphoria use for me to 5*, and Groundhog is really easy compared to the other two (the first time I played it I got the 200 note streak achievement without trying :x). Satisfaction/Elements is just long and button mashy, but still fun.

Also, I think the Guitar/DJ mixes have difficulty all on their own due to the lack of rewind (not to mention that some of the scratching seems messed up as been noted here many, many times). Bring the Noize and Groundhog/Ace of Spades both took many, many runs to 5* just due to the fact of a lack of rewind and scratch patterns that liked to break combo. Argh. Don't even get me started on Monkey Wrench/Sabotage, that took euphoria and a dose of luck to do.

toymachine wrote:

Welcome to Scorehero. Where we dissect sections of Dragonforce songs so the official chart can disappoint us in some minute way
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: nesdude128
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: