ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A challenge to you top tier DJ Hero players. (completed)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: A challenge to you top tier DJ Hero players. (completed) Reply with quote

So, I just played the Vinyl Cut and had a ridiculously stupidly amazingly high score. So, I decided it would be good to have a little fun with this. If anyone can beat this score by the end of the year, I will award that person a prize. This prize will be worth no less than $20, but it won't be just a random piece of junk. I haven't decided on the prize yet, but I will in a week or so. So, without further adieu, here is the score to beat, and the scores I made on each individual song. The goal is not each song individually, but the songset as a whole.

The Vinyl Cut - 4704285 - http://www.nytelyte.com/djhero/DSC02239.JPG
Six Days / Annie's Horn - 843330 - http://www.nytelyte.com/djhero/DSC02240.JPG
Heard it Through the Grapevine / Let's Dance - 352276 - http://www.nytelyte.com/djhero/DSC02241.JPG
Groundhog - 1057631 - http://www.nytelyte.com/djhero/DSC02242.JPG
Satisfaction/Elements of Life - 1004152 - http://www.nytelyte.com/djhero/DSC02243.JPG
Rockit - 1446896 - http://www.nytelyte.com/djhero/DSC02244.JPG

These were done without hyperdeck so I could put them up on the leaderboards, but you're welcome to use hyperdeck. Good luck and happy scratching!

Last edited by nytelyte on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:13 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....good luck to those others that want to do this!

(no way i can beat your scores until the end of the year...i might, but idk :P ).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit. lol...

I'm pretty sure I have the potential to do this, but not sure how much I'm willing to dedicate all my time to practicing way too much with school in the way right now

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...you know what?

I'll actually give this shot, not reassuring beating any scores, but i haven't played Vynal Cut in a while >_>

...but like i said, don't expect any one of your records being broken by me :P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to seem arrogant, but I want some friendly (and fierce) competition. I used to play in DDR tournaments back in 02-04 and I miss that kind of competition. It was friendly, but if it wasn't TOUGH, I don't know what is. So, don't think of me as "I'm better than yoooou!" Think of me as wanting to play a game. =)
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i gave it a shot, and i got two mixes with higher scores than my last ones, but NOT up to your level there.

Six Days/Annie's Horn - 698330
Satisfaction/Elements of Life - 669666

Also i would like to point out that these scores were not played with on hyperspeed....

...and to tell you the truth, i actually sucked MORE while on hyperspeed than on regular speed...so i guess i'm much more accustomed to regular speed than HS :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:

... interesting numbers there. XD
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nytelyte wrote:
I don't want to seem arrogant, but I want some friendly (and fierce) competition. I used to play in DDR tournaments back in 02-04 and I miss that kind of competition. It was friendly, but if it wasn't TOUGH, I don't know what is. So, don't think of me as "I'm better than yoooou!" Think of me as wanting to play a game. =)

what you mean to say is
nytelyzer wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH8wDkqA_50

Ahem... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiHxsWGUcZ0&feature=related

Cast =
nytelyte as johny ringo
maxninja as wyatt herp earp
grimnir as dun, duhduh dun DOC HOLLIDAY to the rescue.

I'll post a vid tomorrow ;p (if I can get this done before work)]

I'm very confident I can do this by the end of the year... I think end of the week is realistic. Tomorrow? maybe not.. but I'm on this nyt, dun worry about that ^_~

TEAM PS3 REPRESENT!!!

Last edited by Grimnir on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:01 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: S-Laughter
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nytelyte wrote:
maxninja114 wrote:

... interesting numbers there. XD
LOL i swear i am not making it up, it came up like that after i played the mix...i lol'd XD

@ Grimnir: Nice representation

TEAM PS3 REPRESENT! (This gives me an idea...sort of)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Grimnir: You crack me the hell up. ^^

Let's hope you don't do to my score what this kitten did to the dog...
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, so you know how it sits <_< I typically score currently

six days v annie's horn - 950k+
grapevine v lets dance - 300k+
groundhog - 1050k+
satisfaction v elements - 950k+
rockit - 1100k+

My least known songs are grapevine and rockit... I think i can prolly match your score on grapevine, idk about beating it, that song is hax cross fade spikes lol. Rockit I can prolly get an extra 1-200k.. that song is pretty easy to score on. But I'll need to practice it for a bit to get those scores.

Groundhog I've been practicing w/o playing through completely, focusing on the first 4 verses.. I think I can get 1.1m soon there <_<

and that's how i plan to beat you. It won't be by that much, because mainly my six days v annie's horn is gonna make up for your rockit pwnage, and the rest I'll match across the board.. then just boost my rockit a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first song is where you're going to gain headway. On the gaye/bowie song, I don't see you gaining hardly any ground at all. On the tiesto song and on groundhog, you can gain some ground, but not very much, and that leaves you a little tiny bit of leeway on rockit, but that score is ludicrous.

You'll have it by the end of the year. Time for me to pick out a suitable prize. -_-
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, if I get this (and I'm pretty sure i will) I'll make my own prize... outta your ass ^_^ on a youtube vid ;p Which I will whore shamelessly around the intarweb as I do so much other ridiculous crap <_<

I can't believe i ripped a section of dogma for that stupid ps3 represent link <_<;;;;;;;;

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting frustrating... I seem to have deteriorating play over time <_< so as the set list continues I play worse and worse -_-

I'm getting a fc or -1 on six days v annie's horn. Getting a score of 1.05 but with new starpower I'm hoping to get 1.1.

I'm getting 300k on grapevine v dance... no matter what happens <_< hit all euphoria, get 300k, miss euphoria and I mysteriously sill get 300k >_< I'm prolly gonna check out doin a path for this one.

groundhog - I swear I can come out of verse 3 at over 900k but fkin swear dude i keeps knocking me out for wierd shit <_< verse 5 and 6 I'm piecing together combo areas to get a rewind... if I can get a "breakthrough" play I can prolly get 1.15 or even 1.2 on this... but that will be if I combo through all verse 1 - 3, then hit at least 2-3 rewinds after that...

benassi v tiesto is steady 950k now, mostly for the same reasons as grapevine v dance... I seem to always get this score no matter which parts I miss... like randomly i get to hit and then have to miss certain parts <_< gah >_<

rockit actually is where I'm getting some improvement, I've gotten about 1.25 on it... I know I need to press out at least 1.3... but I think after some work I'll prolly see 1.35 or even 1.4 b/c I've been getting ALOT more of the up up things combo'd. Also that annoying u u u u u (gb)bb d d d d d ect area... I'm getting combos there... if I can piece that together and even score a rewind I'm set ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well crap, looks like you'll top my score here by the end of the year. =\ Good job, though! I'm glad I can motivate someone to work and improve. =) Keep it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: