ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Leading foot problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Leading foot problem Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I've been drumming in GH/RB for a while now, and while I'm getting pretty good at double bass, if I may say so myself (I FC'd X+ HBfL, for example), I've got a bit of a problem.

Not that much of a problem, but it's more like, really awkward, and every song with a little complicated bass needs some more... feet configuration.

The problem is that my leading foot is left. My leading hand, is right. Two quick double bass hits, like in a lot of metallica songs (MoP verses etc.), where you just kick twice between two yellows, for example, I just start of with my right, then my left. In the parts of Grave of Opportunity where I have to do six quick hits, then one, one, and then four hits, i all lead them with right (I can do them with left though, but I just need to pay a little more attention). But when I get to the faster parts of Grave of opportunity, for example (TIME'S VENOM BOILS!) i start off with my left.

Is this a common problem? I play heel down, because heel up causes inconsistency with my pedal. I play shoeless, because my feet are to long for the pedals, and with shoes on my feet don't fit under the chain link.

Is there a way to solve this? Just practising starting off with right? That just feels so unnatural to me...

Thanks in advance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
davidshek  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Leading foot problem Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
Is there a way to solve this? Just practising starting off with right? That just feels so unnatural to me...

Yup, that's the only way you're going to correct your already-formed bad habit. You've said that you start short runs of double kick with the right foot already (2 hits, 4 hits, etc.), so it shouldn't be too hard to retrain yourself to start all of them with the right foot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: