SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Buckethead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSiYusuke wrote:
Though, the mask changes from time to time! It's the lighting, but I swear it's like it's moving or changing expressions!

Yeah! I've always thought about how his mask has different expressions at times. They give me different emotions.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like any album. He combines alot of styles through out them, though I'm sure I could pull out a good dozen songs I like from his collection. Great guitarist.
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought: Sail On Soothsayer, King James, Siege Engine, Jump Man and Gory Head Stump on iTunes, and I have to say, I'm very happy with my purchases. Siege Engine and Jump Man both have very cool soloing, the latter reminding me of Jordan, and Sail On Soothsayer has to be the most beautiful song I've ever heard.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-Fuzz wrote:
I just bought: Sail On Soothsayer, King James, Siege Engine, Jump Man and Gory Head Stump on iTunes, and I have to say, I'm very happy with my purchases. Siege Engine and Jump Man both have very cool soloing, the latter reminding me of Jordan, and Sail On Soothsayer has to be the most beautiful song I've ever heard.

Glad you're happy with your purchases. Those are some of Buckethead's most popular songs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were there any actual copies of "KFC Skinpiles" ever actually released/sold? I know its an EP, but still, I think it would be kind of cool to own it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Trippolette
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kashic wrote:
Were there any actual copies of "KFC Skinpiles" ever actually released/sold? I know its an EP, but still, I think it would be kind of cool to own it.

It was sold but it went out of print quickly. I'm thinking it's out of print because not many people own a record player or because it's really weird. It was made for DJ's to scratch and it has movie samples on it. Sometimes it's sold on ebay for $200.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
Buckethead is one of those artists that is just so God damn awesome no matter your taste in music. His musical style varies to the point where almost anybody can listen to one of his songs and have a good chance of enjoying it.

I really should get more into Buckethead, seeing as the only songs of his that I've heard are Jordan (obviously), Soothsayer, Braingate and Final Wars.
Definitely need to get some more of his songs. Electric Tears sounds like a quintessential Buckethead song/album, and I feel kind of guilty for not having it.

Also, I think he should keep the mask, seeing as he's had it for so long he simply wouldn't be Buckethead without it.

I know less songs than you do but how can you say that his musical style vaires and that it could appeal to any/everyone when you have only heard of 4 of his songs?

Back on the 11th!
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benster26 wrote:
I know less songs than you do but how can you say that his musical style vaires and that it could appeal to any/everyone when you have only heard of 4 of his songs?

Actually, I've heard 5 now (Electric Tears). Those 5 songs themselves are all pretty different from each other. That's how I felt it safe to say that his musical style varies. He can go all out on songs like Final Wars or be soft and calm on songs like Sooth and ET (lolacronym).
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
Benster26 wrote:

Actually, I've heard 5 now (Electric Tears). Those 5 songs themselves are all pretty different from each other. That's how I felt it safe to say that his musical style varies. He can go all out on songs like Final Wars or be soft and calm on songs like Sooth and ET (lolacronym).

If you liked Electirc Tears or if you're going to listen to a song off of Electric Tears album, and of that style, you NEED to hear Padmasana. It's a beautiful song, and I actually think it's in some reputable guitar magazines top 100 riffs of all time. I love when you hit the bridge about 6 minutes in. That song is the most moving of it's kind by Buckethead.
guitarhero23  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should wait for a while to reveal. But not too long. If he reveals when he's like 60 it'll be weird.
NSiYusuke  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D: He should never reveal! It keeps the magic alive!

Also~!

I was Buckethead for Halloween last year (hah, I can say that now), see?

RIP RBN
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucketBlue wrote:
-Bedlam's Bluff (This is a weird one from Cuckoo Clocks of Hell, but it's heavy parts are BAD ASS.)
I took your advice and listened to this one, plus four other songs off of The Cuckoo Clocks of Hell, and . That album is pretty fucking awesome.
And the video for The Spokes for the Wheel of Torment...ah...well...ooh...

Sorry for posting in here so much.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-Fuzz wrote:
BucketBlue wrote:
-Bedlam's Bluff (This is a weird one from Cuckoo Clocks of Hell, but it's heavy parts are BAD ASS.)
I took your advice and listened to this one, plus four other songs off of The Cuckoo Clocks of Hell, and . That album is pretty fucking awesome.
And the video for The Spokes for the Wheel of Torment...ah...well...ooh...

Sorry for posting in here so much.

It is an awesome album! My favorites on it are Spokes for the Wheel of Torment and Arc of the Pendulum.

We enjoy you posting in here so much.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh.

Buckethead must be one of the most overrated guitarists out there, maybe only second to satch.

I could go on forever with a list of shredders who's compositional skills outweigh bucketheads by far. I bet 80% of bucketheads fanbase hasn't even heard of Shawn Lane.

If there's one thing I can commend him for though, it's the sheer quantity of his stuff. Dunno how he writes so quickly, but in all honesty I couldn't care less.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a Shawn Lane? I think I know somebody who lives down there!

Anyway, Buckethead overrated? I don't think so. He is respected very highly, and rightly so. His music is just so... moving, and furthermore, he writes so many different kinds of songs to the point where he's a great artist no matter how you look at it.

My thoughts on Buckethead: He's an artist that you always come back too. I myself prefer pre-2000s (with very few exceptions) music but Buckethead is so timeless I feel anyone can listen to him and enjoy it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: