Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Between the Buried and Me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the Detroit show? I can't remember if I'm seeing them on the 22nd or the 23rd as well.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
eyewin8  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadNorm wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:
MetalheadNorm wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:
but the self titled album sucks.

Take it back.

No can do. It sounded really generic to me. It didn't have that unique BTBAM quality. I'll listen to it again, but the first time I heard it I had a hard time finishing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAGlKXlXVTI

Even if only for this song, Take it back.

Ok, I'll give you Aspirations. I'll take it back now haha. I should have said it sucks in comparison to their other works.

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
The Great Misdirect is a more consistent album than Colors but it's lacking the epic feel, plus Colors has 3 "amazing" songs, while TGM has 1 "amazing" song and the rest are just "great" songs. Well, Swim to the Moon is a "meh" song really.
Also, Fossil Genera is the best BTBAM song. So awesome.
I've tried listening to their older stuff but it's just too different and not the type of music I want to listen to. Though Selkies is a great song regardless.

but your opinion is not a fact.
sportsboy85  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got their Alaska shirt yesterday! BTBAM is the shit.
Parama  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
Parama wrote:
The Great Misdirect is a more consistent album than Colors but it's lacking the epic feel, plus Colors has 3 "amazing" songs, while TGM has 1 "amazing" song and the rest are just "great" songs. Well, Swim to the Moon is a "meh" song really.
Also, Fossil Genera is the best BTBAM song. So awesome.
I've tried listening to their older stuff but it's just too different and not the type of music I want to listen to. Though Selkies is a great song regardless.

but your opinion is not a fact.

durrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I know this. If you're taking my opinion like I think it's the absolute truth, you need to learn to read.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't listened to them before my mom got me The Great Misdirect for Christmas. Definitely a must-have. I love how it started off all mellow and then completely kicks your ass when the second track starts

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
Parama  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want to say that the section in Disease, Injury, Madness right after the last quieter/solo section is one of the coolest things ever. Just such an awesome section.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going into the Year I had no idea who BTBAM were then HellAshes and ravagetalon showed me how amazing they were so now i have all albums and believe the vocals in The Desert Song's beginning might be my favorite vocals in any song i have ever heard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colors > TGM > Silent Circus > S/T = Alaska

It kills me since S/t and Alaska are so awesome, and from any other band they would be their masterpiece. Of course, this isn't any other band...

Has anyone gone through their lyrics and tried to understand them? Really cool stuff.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/shadow6463
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: shadow6463
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadNorm wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:
No can do. It sounded really generic to me. It didn't have that unique BTBAM quality. I'll listen to it again, but the first time I heard it I had a hard time finishing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAGlKXlXVTI

Even if only for this song, Take it back.

Don't you dare forget Shevanel Cut a Flip. :P

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadNorm wrote:
Is that the Detroit show? I can't remember if I'm seeing them on the 22nd or the 23rd as well.

Yes, the Detroit show is the 23rd.

Also, been spinning my Alaska LPs all day today. God damn this album is so good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only two BTBAM songs I've heard are Prequel to the Sequel and Selkies (or whatever it's called). Which one of those songs is more representative of their sound on Colors and TGM? Selkies was a little too "brutal" for me, so I'm hoping that their two more recent albums are like more Prequel to the Sequel...

Yewb  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenericName wrote:
The only two BTBAM songs I've heard are Prequel to the Sequel and Selkies (or whatever it's called). Which one of those songs is more representative of their sound on Colors and TGM? Selkies was a little too "brutal" for me, so I'm hoping that their two more recent albums are like more Prequel to the Sequel...

I've always held that Ants of the Sky is most representative of Colors. Obfuscation is probably most representative of TGM. Both are great songs Their sound on the latest two albums is more Prequel than Selkies, at least in my opinion, but TGM is a lot closer to Selkies than Colors is. If that makes sense.

shadow6463 wrote:

Has anyone gone through their lyrics and tried to understand them? Really cool stuff.

I did this some time ago, writing out the entirety of Colors' lyrics as prose. Absolutely beautiful.

I'm a huge fan of Colors, not so much TGM. It's my opinion that Colors is the better album, but TGM is still great... I'm not too hot on the way either album ends, but that's neither here nor there.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
anonymous_97  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
karatechess  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshleyAlden wrote:
I have a weird relationship with this band. Instrumentally, I love most of their stuff, but I just can't bring myself to listen to the parts with vocals. The singer's styles do not resonate with me at all and put me right off of the music.

People have told me to "get used to them and you'll like them" but I don't think that's a proper way of appreciating something.

So yeah, I think their music is great, but the vocals kill it for me, which is kinda sad.

I, like you, couldn't stand the vocals the first time I heard them. But I was told the key is to listen to the vocals as if they were an instrument, and that worked for me after a little while. Just don't think of it as vocals. Lol, I don't. Or didn't until I got into them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 2 of 38

Jump to: