Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Songs that made a movie trailer better
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Songs that made a movie trailer better Reply with quote

This could possibly belong in GC but it is about music somewhat so... I've been thinking about this for awhile. What movie trailers have been made awesome or really cool because of the backing music?

3 examples of what I'm talking about:

That one live action Peter Pan movie that came in 2003. I've never seen the movie because it was made for teenage girls but I do remember the trailer and it had "Clocks" by Coldplay playing in the background which made it kinda cool.

Also the movie "9" that came out recently. I always liked the trailer with the way they played "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria which I always thought made it pretty epic.

Lastly, not to as much of a degree but one of the things I like about the trailer to "Superbad" was when they played "Panama" in the background.

So anyone else know any examples of songs that made a trailer better?

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord

Last edited by Deak2112 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instrumental version of Cell by The Servant in the movie trailer for Sin City.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKFLrTYKIXk

Epic movie, too ^^

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
GIRLintheFIRE  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems more like a thread to point out songs you like in trailers, or it's rather redundant. Songs are put in trailers for the entire purpose of making it better.

If I had to contribute, I'd say:
Iron Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 was a letdown for me cause I was expecting to hear Welcome Home atleast once throughout the movie and It never showed up But it was still a good movie.

On Topic I think so far Iron Man's song is just so bad ass cause it's the movie and the song and it just fits
karatechess  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Songs that made a movie trailer better Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:
Also the movie "Nine" that came out recently. I always liked the trailer with the way they played "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria which I always thought made it pretty epic.

Sorry for this, but you might wanna change that to "9" seeing as a movie came out MORE recently called "Nine"which was completely different. But I agree.
Metaloid  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like every new action trailer has a song by linking park on it, and i hate that.

Raikri999 wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Fun Fact: I am not obsessed with Dream Theater (nor Metallica). Yay for being part of a %1 percentile!
SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER!!!!
Adsee  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer for Terminator Salvation looked epic with "The Day The World Went Away" by Nine Inch Nails.
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Songs that made a movie trailer better Reply with quote

karatechess wrote:
Deak2112 wrote:
Also the movie "Nine" that came out recently. I always liked the trailer with the way they played "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria which I always thought made it pretty epic.

Sorry for this, but you might wanna change that to "9" seeing as a movie came out MORE recently called "Nine"which was completely different. But I agree.

Noted.

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
Venim619  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it isn't a movie, Assassins Creed 2 comes to mind. If it wasn't already an awesome game, I would have bought it simply because it has Genesis by Justice in the trailer. Which makes for a bad ass combination, might I add. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a12e3iKzqlw
dogtownzboy1  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adsee wrote:
The trailer for Terminator Salvation looked epic with "The Day The World Went Away" by Nine Inch Nails.

Damn! Beat me to it! haha. Yes but I agree with this, but they used a remix version, I thought it was going to be the original version of the song.

http://www.last.fm/user/shad0wz69
Follow Me @dogtownzboy1

Haven't been on ScoreHero in 3 years. 4chan ruined my life.
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really pay attention to movie trailers, and I hardly go see movies, so the only one I can really think of is "9."

That trailer is so goddamn epic it's simply insane, and I went to see the movie opening day because of the trailer.

Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Propellerheads' On Her Majesty's Secret Service in the trailer for The Incredibles. Did a great job of playing up all the James Bond jokes in the film.

It would have been even better if the song had actually ever been in the movie, of course.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
Reakt00r  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gears of War 1 trailer. It uses "Mad World" by Gary Jules. It's a VERY popular video on YouTube and it also won quite some awards.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up in the Air has a great soundtrack and the trailer is backed by some amazing songs that perfectly reflect the movie as a whole - and really sold me to see the movie. In particular, the song that begins playing at 1:20, "Help Yourself" by Sad Brad Smith is absolutely heart wrenching.

The movie itself is also amazing for those curious. Spot the trailer below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7k6FwXJhNk
redlar  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK, we've had a new show called "Glee" start on E4.

I watched that today simply because they had Somebody to Love and Don't stop Believing on the advert.

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: