Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Unofficial Lady Gaga Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: The Unofficial Lady Gaga Thread Reply with quote

Alright so I've seen plenty of opinions on Gaga on this forum. I've seen a vast range of opinions on her to gather a possibly good argument here. Personally, I used to not like Gaga all that much, maybe Just Dance and that's about it. I took a listen to both of her albums and I've been listening to them for a week and half straight since. Her albums are catchy as hell and are pretty irresistible the first few listens. Her on-stage persona and outfits are a little different and bizarre. (Reminds me a little of Karen O's crazy outfits.) Anyway, this thread is here to basically discuss all that is Gaga, express opinions, release facts and dates, tell stories of her concerts, and all that jazz. So, discuss.

Last edited by clawmaster2 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:17 am; edited 6 times in total
Twang  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My obsession with this woman's music is borderline unhealthy. I cannot fall asleep peacefully without listening to at least 10 of her songs...usually Alejandro, Bad Romance, Just Dance, LoveGame, Monster, Paparazzi, Poker Face, So Happy I Could Die, Summerboy, Telephone, and The Fame. In that order.

(mostly because it's ordered alphabetically on my phone :p)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
My obsession with this woman's music is borderline unhealthy. I cannot fall asleep peacefully without listening to at least 10 of her songs...usually Alejandro, Bad Romance, Just Dance, LoveGame, Monster, Paparazzi, Poker Face, So Happy I Could Die, Summerboy, Telephone, and The Fame. In that order.(mostly because it's ordered alphabetically on my phone :p)

That does sound plenty unhealthy :P
Personally my favorites are..well basically all the tracks on both albums except maybe Speechless and Brown Eyes.
Twang  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually quite like Speechless, and have had moments where I liked Brown Eyes a lot. One song I just can't stomach is Boys Boys Boys. The other 20 songs from the two albums I can listen to with really no complaints, though.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
BioHazardABZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not my cup of tea. Just watches Oprah. She also lip sinks.

pass
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BiohazardABZ Wii Friend Code: 266453013085
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BioHazardABZ wrote:
She also lip sinks.

Firstly, lol @ "sink." Try sync... like synchronize.

Secondly, this claim seems unwarranted, I've never heard this before. You seem to have a pretty blind hatred of GaGa. I mean, she's not exactly my favorite artist, I barely listen to her, but sometimes I can get in the mood. She's pretty much the best as far as Pop goes. I'm getting the impression you probably haven't listened through one of her albums.
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BioHazardABZ wrote:
Just watches Oprah. She also lip sinks.

I assume you didn't watch Oprah (or have ever seen her live for that matter), because I'm fairly sure she didn't lip sync.

On that topic, the Oprah performance today was interesting. Monster into Bad Romance into Speechless. I was a bit disappointed because I wanted her to do all of Monster but I do love when she performs Speechless.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NavyCherub"]
BioHazardABZ wrote:

I assume you didn't watch Oprah (or have ever seen her live for that matter), because I'm fairly sure she didn't lip sync. [quote]

Really? in the first song she did a dance move in the middle of the song were she like bent over and did something else and kept perfect pitch. I mean it could be possible that she wasnt lip synching but I doubt it. I also could not here here breath into the mic at the beginning part of the song. but i dunno.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BiohazardABZ Wii Friend Code: 266453013085
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
BioHazardABZ wrote:

I assume you didn't watch Oprah (or have ever seen her live for that matter), because I'm fairly sure she didn't lip sync.

On that topic, the Oprah performance today was interesting. Monster into Bad Romance into Speechless. I was a bit disappointed because I wanted her to do all of Monster but I do love when she performs Speechless.

Edit: Saw the interview and performance. Definitely interesting, but overall I did like the Monster/Bad Romance/Speechless mash-up, it was well done

I think she didn't lip sync at all, she threw a little spice in there, it was a little too her to be all lip synced really.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is relevant here:

http://www.raraahahahromaromamagagaoohlala.com/

...oh, internet.

Thing is with her, right... the more I hear of her music, the more I'm convinced she's really good. But images of all her stupid outfits, particularly the Kermit thing, are still burned into my mind so I can't quite get over the fact that she's also an idiot. That said, performer stupidity never stopped me liking music before, so I might as well roll with it.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Twang  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The decision to lip-sync on TV is usually up to the show's producers, rather than the artist them self.

As for the way she dresses, I don't care. She claims to be more than a musician, and has interests in other things, such as fashion, and I suppose she wants to be some sort of new age Andy Warhol. She (as a person) is not 'all about the music.' I am, so I pay no mind to her fashion choices and instead imagine her singing every song naked. :p
Twang  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, but I felt this posted deserved a bump.

I was almost sick of her when I discovered a slew of songs I've never heard and remixes in a torrent. Particularly fond of Retro Dance Freak, Paper Gangsta, Disco Heaven, Starstruck, a RedOne remix of Just Dance, the Chew Fu Ghettohouse Fix (a remix) of Love Game featuring Marilyn Manson.

In other news, I was planning on purchasing The Fame Monster deluxe edition CDs, but I was told they were all censored. This angers me.
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but I felt this posted deserved a bump.

I was almost sick of her when I discovered a slew of songs I've never heard and remixes in a torrent. Particularly fond of Retro Dance Freak, Paper Gangsta, Disco Heaven, Starstruck, a RedOne remix of Just Dance, the Chew Fu Ghettohouse Fix (a remix) of Love Game featuring Marilyn Manson.

In other news, I was planning on purchasing The Fame Monster deluxe edition CDs, but I was told they were all censored. This angers me.

S'all right. She was on 20/20 last night by the way, I think. Or friday, I don't remember. It's hard keeping up with someone who has news everyday.
Sounds interesting, but depends on your tastes I suppose?
Me too, I was really annoyed by that..
machchunk  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
But images of all her stupid outfits, particularly the Kermit thing, are still burned into my mind so I can't quite get over the fact that she's also an idiot. That said, performer stupidity never stopped me liking music before, so I might as well roll with it.

Ok, so she's dumb because of her taste in dress and her decision to be interesting and showy at performances. Gotcha.

That said, I don't think you'll ever be able to really get her with that attitude that you have to shut her performance style off from her recorded, produced music. See: the music videos, statements she makes about the music and her shenanigans. You have to take this all as a whole if you want to understand anything that's she's doing.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
kaflagemeir  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't enjoy listening to her music BECAUSE it is so damn catchy. If I hear one of them in the morning, it is stuck in my head ALL DAY LONG. I enjoy it the first several times through, but after several hours... :P I also enjoy her stage shows and the ideas she comes up with to bring a new element to her music.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: