Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
THE FASTEST, THE LOUDEST, THE HIGHEST ...but not the best
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: THE FASTEST, THE LOUDEST, THE HIGHEST ...but not the b Reply with quote

Gritsen wrote:

Machine Gunn Eddie: The worst track on the album. A really sucky trash riff that starts the song leads into sucky drum intro which leads into slow metal-sounding part which leads into 32-second scream. You heard me right. Then comes the one-note tremolo strumming riff. It's bad. Then the vocals. Ugly low vocal range. Then Gillette starts screaming again. Worse. Then the chorus. The worst. The sections of the songs do not connect to each other for most of the time, they just pop up randomly. I heard this song is included in BrĂ¼tal Legend. Why?!

I thought I recognized the band name. This song would be why, it's an insta-skip for me when it comes up on Brutal Legend (I should probably just take it off the playlist really >__>)

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
sean2490  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add onto what Twang said: Emotion is also completely subjective. Don't pretend that it's something that one song has, and another doesn't.

I honestly don't think that a band can be faulted for having musical prowess (and using it). There are plenty of bands I can name that do this to a much higher extent than Nitro (which isn't even all that bad). It seems to me like disliking an ice cream flavour because there are sprinkles on it.

No, Nitro is not the band to listen to when you want music with a lot of substance. However, for over-the-top hair metal, they are the first band I look to.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So few bands ever write anything of substance in the first place. Given that songwriting ability is such a rare commodity, I'll give the benefit of the doubt to a band that can play their instruments competently over one that can't any day.

That said, the "Freight Train" song was irritating, and having never heard any other Nitro, I'm not eager to check them out.
Gamer9254  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-While listening to "Machine Gunn Eddie"-

OMFGWTF.

That song is hair metal. Hair metal at its worst.

The solo is ridiculous, and that's not a good thing either. It's amazing, yes, but absolute crap. MAB just wants to show off. He's not contributing to the song or the band at all. He should just solo tour.

Same goes for the vocals. High screams for like 30 seconds gives me a headache. Jim does it like 4 times! You're just like "STOP!"

By the way, it got into Brutal Legend because your character gets dual machine guns, and his names Eddie. LOL.

In regards to Freight Train, it was meh. It did have potential, you are right on that one, but it didn't take off. And the quad-guitar - it was stupid. It was ridiculous. It was absurd. It was taking metal to a insanely stupid new level. I loved it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: LightSwitchTTM
Gritsen  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamer9254 wrote:
And the quad-guitar - it was stupid. It was ridiculous. It was absurd. It was taking metal to a insanely stupid new level. I loved it.

count me in

All of the videos are in Finnish, but foreign visitors are more than welcome! Depending on the popularity in other countries, i might translate 'em someday.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
stumper93  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my... the song OFR is one I listen to everyday just to put a smile on my face....love those screams. They're so hilarious!

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: