Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blitzbob  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: g Reply with quote

ddd

Last edited by blitzbob on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused...but I'm fairly sure that they released all The Beatles remasters in stereo at the same time as Beatles Rock Band.

blitzbob  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blehgopie wrote:
I'm confused...but I'm fairly sure that they released all The Beatles remasters in stereo at the same time as Beatles Rock Band.

The song itself never existed in stereo. That's one reason I'm so happy I did it.

Back in 1963 when it was recorded they recycled old master tapes after mixdown. You look at the remastered version, both channels are identical because it's fake stereo. As I said before not even Apple/EMI have a stereo mix. I'm the first
Nailuj  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! This sounds really good with my special headphones
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my bookshelf speakers (bose) it sounds AMAZING. Great job!
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Venge  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be a "Negative Nelly," but...

I hope you have some thick, thick skin. You are going to get a lot of negative critism if you continue down this path; especially if you follow through with the plan to do the entire (mono?) Beatles catalog.

First, I don't know what Nailuj and Desertman listened to, but it wasn't audio on a YouTube Webpage. Watch out for these ego-building compliments that are based on the work or idea and not the result.

Also consider that the Beatles are sacred. No matter the quality of your work, sacrilege brings out the absolute worst in some people.

Most importantly, don't call something "true" when it isn't. True stereo would be mixing the recordings of the seperate elements into the stereo space. It would most definately not be isolating the elements from a mono mix and then remixing them into the stereo space; no matter how good your equipment and/or skills, you will never truly, completely, seperate each element. Words have meaning and you cannot just choose to use the ones that imply what you wish and not what should actually be conveyed. Misrepresenting something undermines your credibility and opens the floodgates for harsh critism and out-of-hand dismissal.

Along those lines, avoiding the meglomaniacal "first time in history" claims wouldn't be a bad idea either. The Beatles are the second-best-selling artist of this decade, thrity years after their break-up: I guarantee the studios had professionals with years of experience, the best possible equipment and hours upon hours for days upon days work on the same thing you've done with the hopes of trying to package and sell it. You are not the first person in the last 40+ years with the right amount of time, skill, tools and passion for the Beatles to attempt an amateur/hobbyist take on this task.

As far as your actual resulting produced work: good job, pretty good. The only real issue I hear is it gets way hotter when you start panning the harmonica solo left and right (@~1:34). I'm amazed that you were able to do this in just three days, super-kudos on that.
Kbiscu1t  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds good - But since you're doing something that builds and relies on audio quality, I'd recommend sharing in FLAC or at least v0 mp3 (As opposed to Youtube).

I'd also have to agree with most of what Venge said. Not true stereo, and I highly, highly doubt that Apple would even consider considering taking a short listen to what you have mixed. Good job though
blitzbob  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For people that don't believe me, I've actually separated the song and isolated the instruments I want so I can build a multitrack for each song, using the same software Abbey Road used to separate stems for TB:RB.

I also have stereo remixes of She Loves You, and Paperback Writer on my youtube as well as working on Revolution and I Saw Her Standing There. I'd give out flac downloads, but I can't .

EDIT: And it is TRUE stereo, the technology to do this hasn't been available until 2 years ago. All other TRUE stereo mix claims have just been tricks to the ear.

I've separated drums, bass, harmonica, and vocals, retouched them, and then panned them, which is what stereo is. If both channels aren't absolutely identical (which I have yet to see a version of Love Me Do without identical channels besides mine ) then it's true stereo.

But yeah, I could've put more work into panning the harmonica solo, it leaves the bass isolated for a second in the the left ear
blitzbob  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a stereo remix of "Boys"
ND1310  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, i'm enjoying it greatly. i look forward to future stereo mixes.

BTW, might want to post this on The Beatles: Rock Band forum over at rockband.com
blitzbob  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND1310 wrote:
nice, i'm enjoying it greatly. i look forward to future stereo mixes.

BTW, might want to post this on The Beatles: Rock Band forum over at rockband.com

Thanks dude, I'll hopefully get a crapload done in the next few days.
blitzbob  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/user/boblyblitzbob

Added stereo remixes of Can't Buy Me Love and Here Comes The Sun.
ND1310  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

might want to update op with your new additions. i've been enjoying hearing the stereo versions lately. can you provide some more details on the actual audio (such as bits, how many Hz, etc.)
blitzbob  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND1310 wrote:
might want to update op with your new additions. i've been enjoying hearing the stereo versions lately. can you provide some more details on the actual audio (such as bits, how many Hz, etc.)

I bounce the tracks down to Flac 16-bit (should I try 24?), and 44100 Hz.
ND1310  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blitzbob wrote:
ND1310 wrote:

I bounce the tracks down to Flac 16-bit (should I try 24?), and 44100 Hz.

i would try 24 bit if I were you just to see how it is, if you have the time. and just pick which one you think sounds better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: