Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
NHL Thread v2. We're Back!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stumper93  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo! Going to Minneapolis this Sunday to see Vancouver play! So excited! I've got either row 2 or 4 seats! The ad stated row 4, but in the seller description he wrote row 2. And. And. And. I am behind the Canuck bench!!!!!!!!!!

Freaking out! They better win is all I have to say

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have another trade:

Atlanta trades Kari Lehtonen to Dallas for Ivan Vishnevskiy and a 4th round draft pick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumper93 wrote:
We have another trade:

Atlanta trades Kari Lehtonen to Dallas for Ivan Vishnevskiy and a 4th round draft pick

Pretty interesting deal. Both teams have had question marks around their goaltending (many stemming from Lehtonen himself), and Turco has been kinda lousy the last 3 years. I guess Atlanta likes Pavelec enough to let him be the guy, but if I were Dallas, I'd keep expectations low. Vishnevskiy's no guarantee, but he could turn into a solid offensive D-man.
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

googleimage wrote:
stumper93 wrote:
We have another trade:

Pretty interesting deal. Both teams have had question marks around their goaltending (many stemming from Lehtonen himself), and Turco has been kinda lousy the last 3 years. I guess Atlanta likes Pavelec enough to let him be the guy, but if I were Dallas, I'd keep expectations low. Vishnevskiy's no guarantee, but he could turn into a solid offensive D-man.

I wouldn't say Turco's been lousy the past three years. Maybe this year and last, but he was a big part in getting the Stars to the Western Conference Finals in 07-08, and then in the 07 playoffs he had that series against Vancouver where he had three shut-outs and Dallas still lost the series. I think if anything, it's Dallas's offense that's in need of the most help. Outside of Eriksson and Benn, they really don't have many great players on the offensive end.
googleimage  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josseppe95 wrote:
I wouldn't say Turco's been lousy the past three years. Maybe this year and last, but he was a big part in getting the Stars to the Western Conference Finals in 07-08, and then in the 07 playoffs he had that series against Vancouver where he had three shut-outs and Dallas still lost the series. I think if anything, it's Dallas's offense that's in need of the most help. Outside of Eriksson and Benn, they really don't have many great players on the offensive end.

Good point - I was thinking back to when I had him in my pool in '07-08 and not getting it done for me, but he was definitely huge in that playoffs. As far as offense is concerned, you can really see how they miss Zubov. Robidas has been okay, I guess, but you can't ask him to be your top offensive blue-liner. You can see how even a team like Pittsburgh gets stifled when they're missing Gonchar - that one top-tier puck-moving defenceman - to open the game up. Getting Ribeiro back from injury certainly helps, but Neal has recently fallen off a bit, and Morrow's not putting up his usual point totals. There's enough talent at the forward end, but they need a guy on the blue-line to work off of.
Quakmybush  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That trade seemed odd to me.

Lehtonen is a very good goalie when ininjured, but, he had just came off of knee(?) surgery, I think, and will not be totally up to form yet. Vishnevsky, is a very very good defence prospect. However, I think that Dallas wins because they can now trade Turco to either Philly or Chigaco for something decent, and save them selves money on resigning Turco.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
sukergod  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to say the least. I think Dallas will get the better guy if Kari can prove why the Thrashers were so high on him early on. Granted now with Vish. the Thrashers have a very promising group of D-men, now if only anyone in Atlanta actually cared about hockey, Kova getting traded still bothers me alot.

Anyone hear about the Frolov rumors that he might be going to Montreal for Patches. Im all for the trade (along with something else minor) but only if we could resign him which id doubt we can, so please keep MaxiPac.
stumper93  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of trades/waives today and yesterday

Minnesota trades Kim Johnsson and Nick Leddy to Chicago for Cam Barker.

Ottawa trades Alex Picard and a 2nd round pick to Carolina for Matt Cullen

San Jose trades Jody Shelley to New York Rangers for a 6th round pick

Florida trades Dominic Moore to Montreal for a 2nd round pick in 2011

WAIVERS

Jonathan Cheechoo
Jamie Lundmark
Brad May
Donald Brashear cleared waivers after asking for a trade

Gotta love the trade deadline(s).

Also...I get to see Cam Barker play for Minnesota on Sunday...which may or may not be a bad thing. Just hope the Canucks can get a streak coming off of a shutout in Florida last night.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...so I'm gonna post some pictures from the Vancouver/Minnesota game tonight....I can't believe we lost 6-2.....

But some of my pictures are great not gonna lie

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2054251&id=1178010082&l=a65ed70475

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright...now that the Olympic Break is over...back to the NHL schedule.

Trade deadline is coming up...even though Kovalchuk was already traded, I hope so more good trades come about.

Today Florida traded Jordan Leopold to the Pittsburgh Penguins for a 2nd round draft pick in 2010.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grebeschkov to the Preds for the 2nd.

I think this trades REALLY helps the Preds. They can now move Hamhuis and get a good return for him and Grebeshkov is a talented defender.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
stumper93  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...I really thought this thread would've gotten some responses due to today being trade deadline day.

I will post the trades in the original post...even though there were quite a few...I don't care, I'm in study hall right now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Leafs got a bunch of low draft picks yesterday woohoo! Our team looks like a good AHL team right now, o well.
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quakmybush, I hate your avatar.
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmonton did well this trade deadline I'd say. Sad to see Visnovsky go but Ryan Whitney is a good young defenceman. I like the Grebeshkov deal for both sides but Staios to Calgary? Not sure how that will work out. And on another note I got an Ales Hemsky signed jersey for $90 on eBay \m/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 2 of 52

Jump to: