ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Video Game inspired bands

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Video Game inspired bands Reply with quote

Being on SH we are gamers. We've played games and had the tunes stuck in our heads. From the Mario 1-1 to FFVII One Winged Angel. Well lately Ive been listening to VG cover bands mainly The Megas. I was linked a remix of Airmans theme but a twist i was not expecting was there were lyrics added to the song. Its a very interesting song to hear the reason Airman is so pissed off is because how alone he is. Then the Quickman theme was neat to listen how he thinks of him self as a sheriff and has a quick draw with Megaman. Bubblemans theme is about how he sees himself as a useless robot master and uses the chance to fight megaman he is not as useless as all the other robot masters see him.

Another Band similar to this is Game Over. Im sure more of you heard of this band as I see there are customs of Little Mac's Confession. It has more of a metal feel compared to Megas and the lyrics are just as good.

Wile we are talking about Megaman and Punch Out we have to bring out Duane And Brando. Its more of a VG Hip Hop style of music but funny and entertaining to listen too

Anyone know any bands that are lyrical based that covers video games like the ones mentioned above?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mini-Bosses first and foremost.
And some nerdcore artists cover some video game stuff, not in their beats, but more in their lyrics.
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clawmaster2 wrote:
The Mini-Bosses first and foremost.
And some nerdcore artists cover some video game stuff, not in their beats, but more in their lyrics.

I thought the Minibosses did pure covers not lyrical stuff if were gonna talk about covers I would have brung up Megadriver, Powerglove, Advantage, SSH, NES-kimos (sp?) and other bands like that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Protomen.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horse The Band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTJ2v0cpd5Y
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Horse The Band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTJ2v0cpd5Y

Forgot to mention them but Ive been listening to them since 07 and The Mechanical Hand is my favourite cd by them so far

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Machinae Supremacy, self-proclaimed SID-metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUljDsjDqLo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bX_DRC1O0A

EDIT: The Sidology episodes contain a lot of videogame passages - check this GH custom of the last one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vODlmrlyGAU
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerglove is one of my favorites, they have alot of kickass covers.
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PROJECT CHAOS

An entire remix of Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Absolutely amazing. Some of it is dance/techno, while some are Metal/Rock.

Also, i didnt see this shown here, so i thought i would mention OCRemix

An entire website dedicated to remixing videogame music

Oh, and finally, you guys might like MegaDriver. Brilliant Extreme Heavy Metal Remixes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: