Wyatt965  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3/7/10 at the Emerson Theatre

Sunday night, god damnit.
[08:17pm] [12:54] <Angels2002> lol luk at me spin dis black circle around
[12:54] <Angels2002> hip hop!
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bawww, the closest they're going to be to me is Grand Rapids, which is three hours away, on a Sunday night. Not cool. A friend of mine who has an experimental band wants to play with them at that show, not sure how that would ever happen.

I'm pretty unhappy about this overall, I thought In the Unlikely Event was an incredible album - I've never been a huge fan of the vocals on their earlier albums, and the new style made it a lot more enjoyable. I'll miss their ridiculous complexity; their instrumentation is absolutely incredible, and considering Thomas isn't a guitarist by trade his ability is ridiculous. Sadness.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: R.I.P. The Fall of Troy 2002-2010 Reply with quote

SeaMoney wrote:
4/1/10 Vancouver, BC @ Rickshaw

Looks like I'm going. I've only heard a few of their songs but I do like their music.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of hate them for not coming to England, but its pretty understandable.

Its a pretty big shame I'll never get to see them live, but its not as much of a shame as them stopping making music. Well as one band anyway.
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I would honor these guys with my first tattoo.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will most certainly be a reunion.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone that cares here's an update....

There are strong rumors cycling, coming from strong sources that Thomas has already written songs for his next project with Thomas Pridgen (Drummer from the Mars Volta)

When asked about it on facebook Pridgen said the following....

"Who is telling you and where are you hearing these dumbass rumors...it's not a no, I just didn't know people were talking about it."

A status update last week also confirmed that Prdigen had attended at least one FOT show this tour.

The second part of this rumor is that Craig Owens (Former Chiodos Vocalist) will be on VOX while Thomas Erak will be playing guitar and screaming. The Craig Owens rumor is pretty weak as of right now, but you can basically be sure that Thomas Erak and Thomas Pridgen are indeed working on a project.

As for my opinion on the break up. It was time. In The Unlikely Event was embarrassing in comparison to previous releases. There were 2 or 3 good songs but even the overly clean production and the drastically slow tempo ruined those. I hoped they'd stick together for at least one more album, but it's easy to see why they're done. I'll miss this band, but if they were going to continue releasing albums like ITUE, I'd rather them just call it quits.
That's why Chris, Jprez, Jnukes, Strike, Baseballkid, HA, and Kev all need to have sex with the same girl and make her give birth to a TTFAF-playing baby who can FC TTFAF.

Only way it will happen.
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, these past couple weeks I've been nervously anticipating seeing them for the last time. There's plenty of stories on the band forums as well as other sites detailing good and bad. Some shows had pretty good setlists and the band seemed happy, while other shows the band (well, just Thomas I suppose) were pissed and played like shit.

Last night, however, they absolutely killed it. I've never seen Thomas so full of life, in person or in a YouTube video. The whole band seemed incredibly happy, and it took a pretty serious reality check to remember they were breaking up.

Oh, and the setlist, which just so happened to be one of the greatest setlists I have ever heard of them playing (in my opinion at least):

Panic Attack!
Laces Out, Dan!
I Just Got This Symphony Goin'
The Adventures of Allan Gordon
F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.
Caught Up
What Sound Does a Mastodon Make? (w/ Nature vs. Nurture outro in the middle)
Mouths Like Sidewinder Missiles
Ex-Creations
1st half of Sledgehammer (w/ Raining Blood intro to start it off)
Straight Jacket Keelhauled
2nd half of Sledgehammer
Chapter V Breakdown

Words can't describe how absolutely amazed I was to see "Allan Gordon". I have dreamed about seeing that song live for too long, and they abolsutely nailed it. Also, seeing "Mastodon" live again was just as incredible as the first time I saw it. Finally, the Sledgehammer-Straight Jacket-Chapter V ending was pretty much one of the coolest things I have seen in concert. The setlist was pretty much everything I could ever ask for out of them (save for the exclusion of "Yo Chocola", which I never did get to see live ).

I know I already said it, but the band sounded incredible. There was so much energy and life in every song, and it really sucks to know that a band that can create so much magic (given they're in a good mood haha) is breaking up.

I hung out and talked to Andrew for awhile after the show just about what his future plans are. He said he was going back to school and that he planned on "making music for fun again, and not money". He talked a lot about how much it's sucked recently trying so hard to "get rich" off of music, and that he felt that it was destroying the credibility of it. This pretty much confirmed all of my suspicions (as well as most other's) that the demise of the band is related directly to the failed attempt at making a mainstream record out of In the Unlikely Event.

It really hurt to see Andrew saddened by all of this. The last time I talked to him he was so happy and excited about the band's direction, and it seemed like if he could play in The Fall of Troy for the rest of his life he would. He was so genuinely proud to await the release of ItUE, and now he seemed like the band has just become an afterthought.

Despite all of this, he still seemed happy about the tour, and he even said he was really pissed the venue cut them off last night because he "had about another ten songs in [him]". Also, he was really stoked when he saw my tattoo, which felt pretty great.

I could go on and on about all of this, but I guess I'll just wrap it up by saying The Fall of Troy is probably the most important band in my life. You can all me a raging fanboy if you want, but for the past six years I've been enthralled by everything they have done, and their music has done more for me than any other artist. To me, every album they released is perfect in it's own special way (yes, even ItUE), and I will severely miss eagerly awaiting new music from them. It's a shame all of it had to come to an end, but at least it was an absolutely spectacular end.

So long Thomas, Andrew, Frank, and Tim. You will be sincerely missed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, I know I'm super late here but I just wanted to tell anyone that cares about the final show.

It was on April 25th last year at Toad's Place in New Haven, CT and while sure, TFOT weren't as spastic or energetic on stage as they used to be, they still knew how to entertain. Thomas came out smoking a joint and they immediately went into What Sound Does A Mastodon to open up the show. The crowd was the craziest crowd I have ever been apart of. No one was afraid to hit or be hit and no one was bitch about it. Everyone was there to have a good time no matter how hot or uncomfortable it was or how many times they were kicked in the head by a crowd surfer. There were more than a few dialogue exchanges between the band and the crowd. The most notable being about how much Seattle sucked, whether or not masturbation is a form of contraception, and how anyone in the crowd that liked A Day To Remember shouldn't have shown up to the show.

The setlist was as follows...

What Sound Does A Mastodon Make
Laces, Out Dan!
Ghostship I
Dirty Pillow Talk
Panic Attack
Where Is My Mind? (Cover)
I Just Got This Symphony Goin'
Caught Up/The Killer In Me (Cover)/Undone (Cover)
Single
Mouths Like Sidewinder Missiles
Whacko Jacko Steals The Elephant Man's Bones
The Circus That Has Brought Us Back To These Nights
Ex-Creations
Sledgehammer
Ghostship V Outro

There was never really a dull moment. Caught Up and the two covers turned into a huge sing along and TFOT's stage presence made any ITUE songs very enjoyable. The Part V Outro was far and away the craziest moment of the night. Twin Atlantic's guitarist hopped on to play the guitar part as Thomas climbed literally on my shoulders to scream the vocals. As soon as the first big note was hit, there was a HUGE push forward. I shit you not when I say that I thought my legs and ribs were going to break from the pressure of hundreds of bodies pushing me against and onto the stage. As the outro came to a close it turned into just a complete mess of noise, with TA's guitarists scraping the strings of the guitar on the amp, creating huge amounts of feedback, Thomas screaming incoherently, and Andrew literally throwing his drums everywhere. As the smoke cleared, it was hard to determine where the stage ended and the floor began as it was just a sea of bodies on top of each other while security, Thomas, Andrew and just about every other person that wasn't on the ground helping everyone to their feet. Here's a picture to help you envision it...

That was after a lot of people made it to their feet.

Here are some other pictures I could find...

That's why Chris, Jprez, Jnukes, Strike, Baseballkid, HA, and Kev all need to have sex with the same girl and make her give birth to a TTFAF-playing baby who can FC TTFAF.

Only way it will happen.
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*"TFOT = dead" topic bump*

*thinks the band is revived*

*enters topic*

*is disappoint*

also, just call him Thom. that name is just way cooler >_>

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
*"TFOT = dead" topic bump*

*thinks the band is revived*

*enters topic*

*is disappoint*
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That setlist is freaking amazing.

The fact that he was on your shoulders just made coming back to those thread more worthwhile.

I can even forgive the ITUE songs because I know they HAD to be amazing live.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
That setlist is freaking amazing.

The fact that he was on your shoulders just made coming back to those thread more worthwhile.

I can even forgive the ITUE songs because I know they HAD to be amazing live.

I probably would have fainted if I ever saw them open with "Mastodon".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaMoney wrote:
I probably would have fainted if I ever saw them

^

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news!

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: