ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
World of Warcraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHawk  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started February of last year, and quit in December. I was a level 80 Tauren Druid, and raided with a 25 man progression guild that cleared ToC and was working on ICC. I quit due to money being an issue, and healing getting boring for me.

Us Druids have a saying, "HoT'em up and go /afk." Druids are awesome raid healers, but I guess I just lost interest due to it being too easy. :|

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blehgopie wrote:

Also, I play(ed) Horde on Kil'Jaeden.

Me too, never knew anyone else who played on that server.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i myself play WoW a lot. I started in June of last year. Got an 80 Orc Warlock in pretty good gear. Still working on ICC 10 man. Not very much luck.

There isnt much progression on my realm (Hyjal US) Though the really hardcore guilds are pretty good. PuGs suck and my guild isnt the greatest.
But i do love the game. There is just SO MUCH to do.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hyjal&cn=Faladade

Zomg an in AFTER Lock!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Phyrexius Zero PSN Name: dusanmandic2112 ICQ Number
AdamHero  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play a Night Elf Warrior on Eredar.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eredar&cn=Feardefeat

I dislike leveling a lot but I still do go on from time to time, anyone else on Eredar or willing to make a character on there to chill with me?

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
CHawk  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I might be coming back soon. Once I get a paying job and can get some money set aside for getting my truck fixed, I'm gonna do Recruit a Friend with a friend of mine that's been wanting to level a holy priest, and we're gonna powerhouse our way through 1-60 doing the tank/healer combo. Won't be until after this semester is over, don't need anything else distracting me from school work. :\

I play on Detheroc if anyone would be interested in joining up with me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHawk wrote:
Well I might be coming back soon. Once I get a paying job and can get some money set aside for getting my truck fixed, I'm gonna do Recruit a Friend with a friend of mine that's been wanting to level a holy priest, and we're gonna powerhouse our way through 1-60 doing the tank/healer combo. Won't be until after this semester is over, don't need anything else distracting me from school work. :\

Horde or alliance? If it's horde I might be interested in making a character on that server.

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
ItsMeAgain  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to pay to play. Had a lvl 80 DK and a lvl 60 Hunter and a 30 warrior. But now i just run my own private server on my computer and play on it. Plus the wife and kids can play on their p.c.'s and we can avoid the cost. Im using the trinity core that supports version 3.1.3 of wow so i have all the expansions plus the server has an action house bot so there will be items in there too. I never liked trying to interact with other players. most the time they would ask for help but not return it. Plus when you are a lvl 80 dk everyone and their brother wants you to help them run instances.

The nice thing about having my own server is i can tweak the game all i want; add weapons, change the exp rate, change the starting level and so on. Of course i only nudge the game settings a bit. No need to take the fun out of it.

I leave the server running and it sets itself to high priority but i don't even notice its there. It only uses about 200MB of ram and considering WOW is using 350MB right now that's not bad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItsMeAgain wrote:
I used to pay to play. Had a lvl 80 DK and a lvl 60 Hunter and a 30 warrior. But now i just run my own private server on my computer and play on it. Plus the wife and kids can play on their p.c.'s and we can avoid the cost. Im using the trinity core that supports version 3.1.3 of wow so i have all the expansions plus the server has an action house bot so there will be items in there too. I never liked trying to interact with other players. most the time they would ask for help but not return it. Plus when you are a lvl 80 dk everyone and their brother wants you to help them run instances.

The nice thing about having my own server is i can tweak the game all i want; add weapons, change the exp rate, change the starting level and so on. Of course i only nudge the game settings a bit. No need to take the fun out of it.

I leave the server running and it sets itself to high priority but i don't even notice its there. It only uses about 200MB of ram and considering WOW is using 350MB right now that's not bad.

I never understood most private servers really.

"What's that? 10X EXP rate? 5X Drop rate? Awesome!"

Just... doesn't seem as fun as doing it legit.
ItsMeAgain  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well actually I'm only doing 2x EXP on mobs and 4X on quests. still seems fun to me. But I've heard of some servers doing like you say nd i agree it doesnt seem too fun that way. Well, maybe if you set the level cap to 200 it might be ok. lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play horde on the azgalor server if anyone else is on there you can hit me up for some dungeons or something (level 80 paladin, "Graeven"). also if anyone is considering playing i'd be happy to help a newbie out, but you'd have to play on azgalor as that's the only server i play (it's a PVP server, though). if you're just starting out we could do the refer-a-friend, you get triple xp which makes levelling a breeze.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamHero wrote:
CHawk wrote:

Horde or alliance? If it's horde I might be interested in making a character on that server.

Horde. Tauren Warrior methinks. \m/

Also, a bunch of my irl friends are planning on transferring over to Detheroc, which means I'll probably set up a new guild and getting everyone together and destroying ICC.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Level 80 human warrior here. Been playing since December '04 (yes I know I'm one of the ancient ones) and was an avid raider through Vanilla WoW (Made it up to twin emps in AQ 40 and 4-horseman in Naxx), and Burning Crusade (downed Illidan and made it to Kil'Jaedan).

Since then though I've become not really casual, but less of a raider. I have to say I'm definitely looking forward to Cataclysm just for the exploration factor the game will have again cause who didn't have a crap load of fun exploring the old world.

By the way I'm currently playing on Windrunner, so if anyone currently has any characters on there or wants to start out there. Just hit me up and I'll help you along, my guy's name is Nubnut.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Windrunner&cn=Nubnut
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
CHawk  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my Tauren Druid before I decided to sell the account. Saddens me that such an awesome druid isn't be used to it's full potential. :|

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to start a new character with me or something? I finally found out how to download the WotLK Client (without torrents). My account is mainly used by my nephew, and my parents bought him WotLK last christmas, but I never put it on my laptop.

Question: Can me and my nephew play at the same time as the same account, or will it kick me off when he logs on?

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. Apparently, When it's downloading the updates and patches, it just stops on patch "3.3.0.11159 to 3.3.2.11403". It downloaded the other ones just fine. Surely it's not my college connection just not allowing it to download this one patch, is it? It also says "No problem detected" on the Downloader, s it's not a firewall or anything, and I've seen others playing this in the Computer labs and stuff.

EDIT 2: YAY it's working. Anyone want to create a character with me or something? We should get a SH group or something on the same server and have a set time to play together, kind of like what they did with Diablo II. Maybe if we could get a group to do this, I could actually level a character to 80 haha

EDIT 3: Nevermind about that Playing together. Unless I play within a specific time frame, my Latency jumps to about 1200 or so on my shitty college internet, Which im playing in now
beingmused  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg - that is a pity. I remember when college internet was the best you could get, but now it seems they throttle everything to absurd levels. If you ever get a playable latency, I would be happy to start a new character explicitly to level with someone else.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25

Jump to: