ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Score submission without proof allowed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Score submission without proof allowed? Reply with quote

This has always been bugging me, but why are there so many scores without pic or vid proof? I just did a test upload, and you can submit without pic or vid. I thought all submissions needed to have proof with certain criteria visible. I'm not ragging on anyone's credibility, but no proof allows anyone to make false scores. How are we supposed to know if someone's score is fake or not if they don't submit with proof.

Last edited by AnubisGX on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
malictus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a general rule, this site has never required video or picture proof for scores, and relies on the honor system. However, it's a generally accepted guideline that most people who post very good scores (especially new 1st places) should include some sort of proof. It's usually easy enough to figure out who is cheating, and that's exactly what the 'Report Scores' feature is for.

I post lots of scores on here all the time, but since my scores are not in the top tier range, it would be very tedious if I was required to take and upload a pic each time I was entering some crappy score.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you should not call out a specific person's scores on the forums. Use the Report Score function if you think someone's scores are suspect.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
Also, you should not call out a specific person's scores on the forums. Use the Report Score function if you think someone's scores are suspect.

Yowza, sorry bout that. Duly noted.

Malictus, I understand what you're saying. I just want first place scores to have some kind of proof. Like if there was a really high score, someone could just come and add like 100 points onto that and upload it and take first without proof. It would look very acceptable like he squeezed that extra 100 legit.

Whenever I get an in game new high score, I take a pic just in case it's high on scorehero. I don't mind if scores that are not in the top tier don't have proofs, but the highest scores, especially 1st, should have some kind of proof.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to post picture proof on all 1st place scores, but it's such a hassle when some dude from Hawaii beats them the next day anyway.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I appreciate you giving proof with your scores. It lets me know it's legit and that I can now try to beat it.

The thing is though, what if you take first, don't have a pic, and someone doesn't beat it. You now have a first place score with no proof other than your credibility and possibly in game leaderboards if you didn't use hyper.

I feel that if you are trying to score high for the sake of scorehero, you should be taking pics whenever you do a great run. If you check and it won't be one of the top high scores, no pic would be ok, but if it is a top high score, I would put the pic.

There should be some kind of credibility rating on this site that would let users quickly accept or suspect a user's score. If their credibility is high, they probably won't need pics, unless #1 score. If it's low, they must show proof all the time.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnubisGX wrote:
lol, I appreciate you giving proof with your scores. It lets me know it's legit and that I can now try to beat it.

The thing is though, what if you take first, don't have a pic, and someone doesn't beat it. You now have a first place score with no proof other than your credibility and possibly in game leaderboards if you didn't use hyper.

I feel that if you are trying to score high for the sake of scorehero, you should be taking pics whenever you do a great run. If you check and it won't be one of the top high scores, no pic would be ok, but if it is a top high score, I would put the pic.

There should be some kind of credibility rating on this site that would let users quickly accept or suspect a user's score. If their credibility is high, they probably won't need pics, unless #1 score. If it's low, they must show proof all the time.

As someone who has been around since shortly after the site got started, this place does a good job of weeding out the frauds.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that first time uploaders should post pics with their scores. Doesn't feel right when someone just comes out of the blue and says "hey, I just took first on so and so and FC'ed it!" and they don't have any proof.

What do the admins do with false score reports? How do they handle a reported score that has no proof? How would they know if it's real or not?
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it goes by member cred. ie if your new and posting fake scores, it's pretty much automatically taken as fake, until proven true with pics / vids.

My buddy had a fc that beat out phenom and got banned b/c he didn't post a pic with it, so it was claimed false b/c phenom wanted the first fc of that song.

But he was let back on after a while, he just needed to post more of his other scores, rather than just the 1 or 2 l33t scores.

I think ppl might be suspicious of my scores if I wasn't very vocal in the community and posted pics / vids of everything. That isn't why I do these things, I am active in the community because I love the game, and I post pics / vids because I'm an attention whore who dreams of a youtube channel with thousands of scribers lol... But I think those are why my 7 (i think) posted scores are not questioned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: